Skye Loans Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

stuff 'em send a free sar

legally they have 30 days to respond and can be taken to court if they fail.

it also opens the gates for the ICO to be involved..

now i'm not really sure who, ultimately, is the authority to get this removal done

might be them or might be the FOS.

i'd have to research, not something ive ever seen here before to memory anyway.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers dx.

Was thinking of the SAR route. 

Not paying them another penny.

Any further thoughts regarding charge as cost me £150 for release yet seems they are shirking any further responsibility and been over 2 months now.

Further to my data request I have received a reply today from Skye.

They are now refusing to submit details because they do not recognise the signature on the request?

They have stated that

"Please could we request that you provide us with either an original or an original certified copy of your passport or driving licence in order to verify the signature. If an original certified copy is provided, then it must be certified by a Solicitor, Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths".

Is this correct?

Should I submit a complaint?

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Baz1994

surely they have your sig to compare against on the original loan agreement? to the one on your SAR request , you did sign it?

not sure what they are playing at here, as you've obv not moved since taking it out so should have no difficulty proving its you and where you live?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I did dx but maybe slightly different as to what was on loan agreement 15 years ago and will check.

They have never queried before when have sent them numerous written correspondences and even acknowledge receipt?

I believe they are either hiding something or just being a pain.

Mind you they do mention to give them a call to provide a verbal authority???

Do I now submit a complaint and involve the ICO?

Edited by Baz1994

Just an update I called Skye Loans regarding my SAR in which was authorised over the phone.

I also discussed charge details in which are still on the Land Registry.

Today I received a further letter from Skye stating that once charge removed they could not advise me, as they would not know ? 

They also add that Chartsbridge Group Limited would receive confirmation from the Land Registry once charge removed and therefore I must liaise with them.

Is there a limitation for removal of charge as now been over 2 months since account was settled?  

• 2 weeks later...

god this is frustrating for you.

i'll ping @Andyorch p'haps he has an idea, not one of our past history strengths that i can find.

dx

and they

Thanks dx and yes it is.

Just getting passed from pillar to post.

Why should I have to contact Skye's solicitors when I paid them to have charge removed?

And costing me £3 everytime to check Land Registry online. 

Just wondered if a Formal Complaint may expedite circumstances. 

Await further.

Cheers

Edited by Baz1994

cant hurt might also be an idea to start waving yours about you will be seeking financial compo for the distress being caused

and they

Send them a Letter before Claim explaining the distress this is causing and that you intend to seek compensation and costs and a court order that compels them to remove the charge from the Land Registry..

Give them  10 days to respond.

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Attach a copy of the relevant form they require to remove the charge from the LR  ..>DS1 I think. :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

And it will.... I dont know why you keep checking and paying a fee, the LR will or should inform you in writing once its been removed....but its not looking like Sky Loans are in a rush to remove hence....hence my post # 30 above......kick their ass and get them moving.

• 1 month later...

Well finally received GDPR details from Skye Loans (Now serviced by BCM Global, never been advised?) on Saturday 15th January 2022. 

Also finally received a response to my formal complaint on 12th January, 2022 (Originally submitted 21st December, 2021) regarding the removal of the charge from property and delay to response regarding my GDPR submission.

They have upheld my complaint regarding the GDPR and offered £50.00 compensation (willing to accept Without Prejudice).

But they have not upheld complaint regarding removal of charge from property as they say that it is not their responsibility and is with Chartsbridge Group Limited ? I have again checked today and charge is still on Land Registry. Loan originally finalised on 7th September, 2021 (including fee paid for discharge).

Loan was was paid off 8 months early due to increased monthly payments in which Skye Loans decided to reduce terms of loan.

Now I would like to progress further with a legal complaint if need be including submission of Land Registry search fee charges with interest and is there a current spreadsheet that I can use to submit?

I have already submitted a complaint to the ICO regarding the delay in respect of the GDPR and awaiting a response.

Should I now also submit a complaint to the Financial Ombudsmen Service regarding the handling of the account or is there also any other service that I can complain to regarding the handling of the mortgage account including the actions of Chartsbridge Group Limited / Land Registry in their lack of service?

Any further assistance in the matter would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Baz1994