What can they do / Likely to do?

stevep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have witnessed first hand the inefficiencies of my local branch, i thought i'd make a variation on the regular path of Lloyds claims and have only ever contacted my local branch with regard to my letters, claims etc etc. The basis to this decision is that i'd never been through this process before, and it is likely that my branch has rarely gone through it either, so it would put us on an even keel - they'd have the backup of their lawyers etc and I had the back up of this group. Felt justified in this as any letter i receive from the bank comes with my branch address at the top.

Having received a letter or two - incl the "this is our final response" letter, i went all the way and launched a claim through MCOL. Having been very patient and trying not to get my hopes up, Lloyds never filed anything, not even an acknowedgement of service, so today I applied for the Judgement by default - which appears to be going through nicely.

The question I have is based on a natural distrust of my longstanding bloodsucking friends. What are they likely to do to annoy me and get out of paying now? Surely it can't have been that easy?

I'm no expert, pretty new to al this myself, however from what I gather, I've heard a few disgruntled mumblings about using MCOL. Do you have any proof that they recieved your claim or not? If so, what time has elapsed?

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

The way MCOL works is that the post the Notice to the defendant. If it comes back undelivered, then it gets sent to the claimant to deal with, if not, it is assumed that it has been delivered.

It is considered "served" 5 days after being sent, and then they get an additional 14 days to acknowledge service in which case they get a total of 28 days.

They haven't done anything, so the court assume it's been served and they've had their additional 14 days to respond - a total of 3 weeks.

Whhooooo hhhoooooooo I won !!!

Lloyds didn't enter a defence or even acknowledge service, so i got a judgement by default - issued yesterday!

£4899.50 - result

Question! - How do i get the money from them? Letter, phone call, bailiffs?

Question! - How do i get the money from them? Letter, phone call, bailiffs?

Baseball bat?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::wink:

31/10/06 Lloyds TSB - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent - Lost by Royal Mail!

24/11/06 2nd S.A.R Sent - Confirmed as Received 25/11/06 10.38am

30/11/06 Statements Received

6/12/06 Preliminary Request Sent

21/12/06 Sod Off Received (With £750 offer!)

22/12/06 LBA Hand Delivered to Branch. Merry Xmas TSB!

Don't celebrate just yet. They could well apply to set-aside the judgement.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.