ads_uk

Tesco Bank - Credit Card Late & Over Limit Charges

They are telling her she doesn't qualify for any payment freeze at all (FCA or Covid)
She's asked them to put that in writing :) 

Given that she is 3 months arrears Its hardly surprising.....the agreement is beyond repair unless all arrears are paid in full and the default rectified.I would imagine they are close to terminating the agreement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Ads,

Here's an updated template so YF can try to reclaim the charges, or have them withdrawn to reduce the o/s balance - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422823-legal-reclaiming-credit-card-charges-informal-request/

Because the £12 charges are relatively recent and no higher than the limit set by the OFT in 2006, Andyorch has warned that the bank is not oblidged to refund or withdraw the charges.

Having said that, YF has nothing to lose in trying to get her balance reduced by reclaiming..

I suggest you use the letter to reclaim the full amount of each charge plus 8% interest as per the spreadsheet. When you open the spreadsheet again, it will auto-update the interest so print it out the day you date the letter and keep a copy of the printed spready with your copy reclaim letter.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you.

From looking at her statements she's paid the minimum requested payments (late by 24-48hrs) but then the Late Payment send her overlimit and then incurs an overlimit charge.

There are occasions where she's purchased fuel (not via the pump) and the transaction has been accepted despite not enough funds being available. (Her debit card is with Halifax and she says she just pulls out the blue one).

Thanks again I'll get her to send this off weekend

the penalties are still unlawful though. and those are now the remaining balance

a credit or debit card with £1 or more on it on any petrol pump will allow more than that £1 to be spent .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

She said she'd never used pay at the pump.

Only ever gone into the petrol station as she's always bought some other items (milk, bread) 

Would that be the same?

should be no 

thsts interesting.

if the limit balance was not there the transaction should not go thru.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi all,

Can I quickly check something with yourselves.
I've finally been able to pick up all the correspondence she's received and I have a question.

There is no "Notification Of Default Fees Charged" letters. am I right in saying that where a Default Charge/Fee/Penalty has been applied they should also provide a notification of the this and not just have it on the statement?

Posted (edited)

correction..
There is a note on the end of the statement that states:

"Notice of Default Sums - This notice is being given to you under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because you have incurred one or more default charges ("Default Sums"). The default charges are displayed within the transnational section above. This Notice does not take into account default sums, which we have already told you about in another Default Sum Notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid"

Is this enough or should it be separate notice?

Edited by ads_uk

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Damn.

I always thought that they had to provide with Notice of default prior to a charge being applied and not apply the charge and we will also include it on the statement.

23 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Another clutching at straws question, seeing as the blurb in the statement does not mention "notice under section 86" and just quotes "under the Consumer Credit Act 1974", be another reason to dismiss charges? 

It should be provided as a separate notice...not on the statement.

6 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

It should be provided as a separate notice...not on the statement.

Oh cool so 3pts to me :)

It does state on http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/14/section/12 the following:
(3)The notice under this section may be incorporated in a statement or other notice which the creditor or owner gives the debtor or hirer in relation to the agreement by virtue of another provision of this Act.

so just to be sure that statement does not apply

Providing the statement (notice) is served within 6 months of the default charge/s....so technically yes  I suppose they could serve notice that way providing that said statements are given promptly ...monthly bi monthly etc.

I really wouldn't be digging too deep into the legislation...keep your claim to a general holistic claim

• Like 1