You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Ok I see, so unfortunately i will have a default on my name for the another 2 years. It's totally unfair, cause now I can't buy a house for the next 2 years!!!! 
    • the default would have been registered by o2 on or before sale of the debt to lowells when a DCA buys a debt their name replaces that of the original company on credt files. so thats why it shows as lowells.   just because a claimant drops a court case, that doesnt mean the debt was not reported correctly during its history.   dx      
    • Thanks to you guys! The default was noted on the 26th of July 2016, so still still 2 years to go. On my Experian it says that default notice/company is Lowell's. So surely if they have given up then i can get the default removed? Nothing on there says anything about 02.? 
    • Why did you turn the offer down? Did you do that in writing? How was that offer expressed and how was your refusal expressed? I have to say that you've been here over a year and I'm not too sure why you go ahead and do these things without asking at least for some advice. In terms of the welding et cetera – BRS would be responsible for the entire repairs. It's up to you to dictate terms. I'm not too sure why you are allowing yourself to be pushed around by BRS
    • I think the question now is – how much trouble are you prepared to make about this? If you have got evidence that the value of the books was £169 – and particularly if you paid their so-called insurance (absolutely unnecessary in my view) then it seems to me that you are in an extremely strong position to make a claim – in the County Court if necessary – and to sue them for your money – plus the insurance – plus the cost of the courier service. Presumably you have some kind of email contact address in order to send these bank details. If you feel that you are prepared to begin a small claim then you should start off by reading around very quickly on this website about bringing a small claim in the County Court. Then if you are sure, then you could send Hermes a letter of claim giving them 14 days and then on day 15 issue the claim. I'm sure you have read around enough Hermes stories here to know that I'm going to say to you that you should not bluff. They will ignore your letter of claim and you should be prepared to issue the papers. However, for this kind of value I would expect they will put their hands up. They can't claim that you don't have any "insurance". They can't claim that the books were on their prohibited items list – so they have nothing left. If they really want to push you to go to court then there is likely to be a video or telephone hearing and frankly I don't see any arguments that they can raise against you. Your risk factors of course of the claim fee and the hearing fee if it goes that far. If you lose then you lose all of these plus your books. If you win then you get everything back plus interest. Read around and let us know what you think
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
RC710

Student loan - Erudio income threshold

Hello

Apologies, I could not see how to post in a student loan topic area. 

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice?

I took out 4 student loans between 1997 and 2000. They have since been sold to Erudio to manage.  I have never paid anything back, deferred every year due to working part time, earning under the threshold. 

My current deferment is due to end in a few days.  

I have, since Feb 2020 been doing additional hours to cover maternity leave.

I have a letter from my employer stating that these additional hours cease at the end of Nov 2020.  

So between June 2020 and Nov I will earn over the monthly threshold figure, but below the annual figure from June to June 2021.  

I called Erudio to discuss this, and was told that had I just sent my P.60 for the last financial tax year, I would have been able to defer, but my phone call counted as a “disclosure”.

I did understand that doing the increased hours would put me over the monthly figure but Erudio also said they go on an annual figure and my husband is about to lose his job, and hence me double checking if there is anything I can do to challenge this? 

I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts or experience.

RC

Never speak to these people over the phone they will say any old rubbish. All communication should be in writing.

I would send a letter along the lines of.

Dear XYZ

I an unable to make any payments because my spouse has just  lost his job due to the Covid 19 pandemic. This means our income has dropped X% and Our family finances are in crisis. Therefore I will be unable to make any payments for the foreseeable future. 

Kind Regards

RC

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have moved you thread to the slc forum.

have a read of a good few erudio threads here.

as said above, never ever ring these fleecers

they are a DCA and absolutely zero legal powers to do anything.

pers i'd use the SLC original deferment forum you'll find here

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/257-student-loansslc/

if you've given erudio DD details in the past

i'd tell you bank to block them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.