Grievance and SAR request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off i would like to say thank you  to all the people that contribute to this site, I do hope you have all been safe over the last few months and remain safe for much longer.

It’s been several months since I’ve been working and was on SSP for some time.

It took me a while to admit that I needed medication as my self-esteem was on an all time low, due to Bullying at work,

I sought help from the doctor and as I slowly started to understand what had happened

I decided to open a grievance to my HR department  rather than walk from my job .

I’ve since come off the medication and have been furloughed’ but have continually worked with the HR department whilst in furlough.

I decided to look through my work email for certain information that would support my grievance to find they prevented my access apparently this was company policy ‘and at this time I was off sick but still have no access.

I decided to ask for a SAR in hope that I could find emails to prove that I was being setup to fail.

Having received the SAR the emails was not in full, they were summarised this was very difficult to understand the full content of the email, HR have told me that they can not issue the full emails due to GDPR.

There were several people that I included within my request’ person 1 2 3 and 4, whilst the summary contains person 1 2 and 3 person 4 seems to have disagreed due to GDPR can they do this ?

Thank you for your help

Hi, you can only ask for emails about yourself so I am not sure what person 1 - 4 have to do with it. Just request an entire verbatim email history of everything pertaining to yourself. They can redact bits about other people.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thankyou, I included 4 people as  i believe they have had email conversations regarding myself, although HR have advised me that 1 person has chosen not to share there email, can they do that?

HR have sent me a  a pdf with Summary conversations not the whole email which is difficult to understand is this allowed ?

thankyou

The person has information about me within emails this is why i wish to see them.

Am i right in saying that HR should give me the whole emails as its been summarised at the moment so i'm having difficulty understand the whole context of the email.

sorry i'm having difficulty explaining myself

you can ask for the whole text with bits not about you redacted. you can't force them to give you info about other people. 

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks Emmzzi 

Thats all i want,

Ive a real feeling that person a has been talking to person b about me which has made the situation unbearable,

I know its a silly question and have always been told the devil is within the detail,

would i expect an email in its raw format?

so just like it looks when you press print ?

what they've given me is half the email and gave a summary only, they want me to attend the hearing on Monday morning

if the other half of the email is not about you, then that's all you are getting. 

I see you seem to be on the other side I merely want a fair hearing and if it proves that certain individuals are guilty of bullying me then surely I'm entitled.

I'm wont be demanding i will be asking for what is right under the ICO

I'm taking no sides, I just find "demanding" gets everything out of proportion fast.

Good luck. I'll leave you to it.

1 hour ago, Losing the will said:

I see you seem to be on the other side I merely want a fair hearing and if it proves that certain individuals are guilty of bullying me then surely I'm entitled.

I'm wont be demanding i will be asking for what is right under the ICO

Emmzzi has been here for a long time and knows her stuff. You don't have to accept her advice but just because you don't like the advice doesn't mean it's wrong.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The law around data that has other persons data included is rather awkward as the employer(data controller) must protect their data when showing you yours.

This means that different people apply a different standard to letters that contain other people's data,

some will refuse to show you anything,

others will redact. 

If person 1 sends an email to person 2 about you the employer can redact the names of the sender and recipient and show you the text

but as said,

others will say that as even showing the contents may identify the sender or recipient so they will refuse to let you see it without a court order.

This may be against the intention of the law but fulfils the letter of the law

ask for all data and if there are things that you think are missing t

hen ask specifically for them and say that you will be happy to see a redacted version but not a summary and see where that goes.

they may claim  some stuff is privileged information or that they are withholding it due to your mental state.

That is legal if correctly applied.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all,

I have an update for you all,

shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company,

Obviously i agreed

after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation,

I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly salary,

I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i don't have the funds to finance a solicitor

any advice would be appreciated.