Southcoastchick V Nationwide

southcoastchick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, am feeling quite organised, already had all of my bank statements from when the account was opened, so have written the prelim letter. Putting in request for £1321.20. Was quite shocked when I added up how much in charges we have paid over the years. So am going to post the letter today. Wish me luck, I am feeling quite scared.

Nationwide: Sent prelim letter 31/10/06

Letter saying not paying 8/11/06

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Hello and Welcome, no need to be scared, it's your money and the worst then can do (and probably will at this stage) is say "No" whereupon you follow the process outlined on the threads below and elsewhere on the forums.

Keep reading the threads here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/ and here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide-successes/

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

Got letter back from Nationwide today saying sorry you are not happy, charges fair, consider alternative banking arrangements etc. I take it this is the standard letter that most people get and I will wait until the 14 days are up from the prelim letter and send the LBA.

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Thanks for the encouragement. Like most people I am worried that I will be the person that they decide to make an example of and take go to court. Just curious, when did you start your claim??

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Hmm that's what I am hoping. Hubby is scared stiff that I have opened a huge can of worms and wants nothing to do with it until the money is in the bank....wuss!! I am prepared to fight all the way:D

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

haha. Make sure you don't spend it all on HIS christmas present then!

You WILL be succesful. Just dont be put off by the refusals and waffle from the banks though. They know they cant win but just try to scare you and make you back down. Persevere and enjoy your money. After all, it was yours to start with!!

Hi all, right, sent my LBA last Tuesday, no response as yet. I have registered with MCOL and am putting together my claim. I have read through the step by step instructions and am ok with what I am doing. The legal stuff is a bit scary so could someone just check what I have put on my claim and tell me is it ok? Is there something missing??

1. The Claimant has an account

xxxxxxxxxxxx with the Defendant, opened

August 2002

2. Since 25/11/2002the Defendant debited

charges in respect of purported breaches of

contract.

3. Defendant is aware of all details as a

list of charges has already been supplied.

Another copy will be sent.

4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges

exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the

breaches; (b) The Term permitting the

Defendant to levy such charges is

unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in

Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair

Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law.

5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the

amounts debited of £1471.50; (b) Interest

per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% -

£244.27 continuing at 8% until judgment or

settlement at a daily rate of £0.32;

6. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee

for a service, then they must be reasonable

under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and

Services Act 1982.

7. Costs allowed by the Court.

I copied and adjusted this from the step by step instructions. Is it OK??

Thanks

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Looks OK to me. As long as you used the spreadsheet to work out your figures and the little formula on there to work out your interest rate, then you're laughing. Submit your Moneyclaim online & pay your court fees (which they refund when you win) and you'll be looking at around £1800 dropping into your account within the next 7-10 days!!

Merry Christmas!

Looks OK to me. As long as you used the spreadsheet to work out your figures and the little formula on there to work out your interest rate, then you're laughing. Submit your Moneyclaim online & pay your court fees (which they refund when you win) and you'll be looking at around £1800 dropping into your account within the next 7-10 days!!

Merry Christmas!

Thats what the spreadsheet says. Who hoo!!:D

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Should I send a copy of the spreadsheet and the claim form from the MCOL website to the bank so that they have a copy of the spreadsheet with the 8% interest showing... or something. I am asking 'cos if you fill in the N1 for a claim you have to attach a copy of the spreadsheet but there is not that facility with the MCOL service.

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

Hi,

I have sent a LBA to Nationwide and they have not replied even though the 14 day deadline has passed. I know the next step is court action (isn't it?) but i'd like to ask how to go about my claim. I haven't paid the charges. I stopped using the account when the first charge came in, the interest accumulated from £30 to over £200. How do i claim that, since the charges are not 'from my pocket' but on my account????

you wait

I was acknowledged last tuesday

Im waiting with you lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

That's what I was afraid someone would say.............. They are paying out so quickly with other people, it's not fair to make others wait

Moderated 3 threads merged .. please keep to the one thread when updating or asking a question .This is in your own interest as you will recieve more informed advice if people can see what you have done so far ,at a glance. :)

LBA sent 14/11/06

MCOL issued 29/11/06

I was expecting mine to take a bit longer, cos its a closed account, so I will need a cheque.

If you have just been acknowledged you can start checking your account hourly from tomorrow!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Hi all my claimed was issued on the 30th (had confirmation by mail)

They 'defended'

Checked my balanc today and on the 2nd the following payments were made into my account:

£950

£950

£950

£808.63

Now my claim is still £1k short so keep checking your account