water company & homeserve left me without drinking water for 11 days complaint logged

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last month on the 29th my water supply suddenly stopped

i contacted the water company who came out telling me nothing they could do but i could call a plumber out to fix the problem.

luckily i have plumbing and drainage cover with homeserve who came out but couldnt find the stop tap which feeds the house with water supply.

homeserve informed me to contact the water company to locate the stop tap feeding the house with water supply

homerserve then could come back out to get the water supply to the house.

water company came

located the external stop yard in the next street supplying my house with water

they dug up and fitted a new stop tap in the next street.

homeserve came back dug up my garden

put a water pipe from my garden to the stop tap in the next street then left, leaving me with no water.

contacted the water company who told me homeserve should have blown air into the pipe fitted to remove any debris in the piping from my house to the stop tap in the next street but they never did.

Water company told me to get homeserve to fit a stop tap inside my property because homeserve found the neighbours empty house next door had a water supply leak which meant no water was coming to my house because the water supply was being shared with the house next door which had a water supply leak somewhere.

contacted homeserve explained everything water company told me

to be told it would be 5 days until homeserve would come back out it was a 2 person job,

i complained  logged a complaint over the phone now it was 9 days without any water. i demanded homeserve come out in 24hrs to fix the fault or else i would go to my mp. homeserve called me the same day blaming the water company for the fault but they had come to a resolution with the water company to fit an internal stop tap inside my house so the water supply next door could be turned off to a trickle giving me water to my house.

a few days later homeserve came

fitted an internal stop inside my house by cutting the water supply to the empty house next door to a trickle,

now i have water my complaint is logged,

homeserve resolution team called but i was out,

so thats where this big cock up my the water company and homeserve stands

Hi Linzie and welcome to CAG

This sounds like the 2 companies trying to pass the blame to avoid taking responsibility themselves for your problem.

Sounds to me like you had 2 problems :-

1. You were sharing a supply with your neighbour, without your own supply or stopcock on your property.

2. The neighbours supply had a leak causing pressure loss bad enough to stop supply to your property.

Are you in a house, or a flat that has maybe been converted from 1 original property?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Have you told us which water company?

homeserve complaint/resolution dept left a voicemail asking me to call to discuss the complaint, do i stand to get any redress for the 11 days without water?

Pay  water rates

homeserve sent a we have resolved your complaint blah blah text to me today but i've only logged the complaint yet to speak to their complaint resolution team to resolve the complaint.

I want £ compensation in form of a cheque from homeserve.

You should ask for a refund of the rates paid for the 11 days and a suitable amount for wasting your time doing their jobs for them. Be realistic, it wont be a fortune but they should recognise their shortcomings. Homeserve should refund you a proportion of your insurance contract and again  make a gesture to cover the inconvenience they have put you to.

By being clear on what and why you want compensation you are more likely to get an offer