• Tweets

• Ah I see what you mean. That is unfortunate, but guess there's little I can do then. Thanks very much for your help!
    • OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.   Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'   Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.
    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello:

I was contacted today from an organization called IDRWW about an unpaid debt from Dubai.

While living in Dubai my husband left me and my two kids with nothing (after pressuring me to get  quite a substantial loan).

I was able to pay almost half of it off, but have not been able to keep making payments since returning to the UK.

I tried to negotiate with the bank at that time,  but they would not accept smaller repayments and I suppose are now chasing me in the UK via this agency. 

I am a single mother of two, self employed but currently without work Due to CV-19 but do own my own home which is about all we have.

What do I do?

I have asked my ex husband to repay but he refuses since the loan is in my name. 

Attached the email I received today.

Panicking because I don’t have a job and do not want to lose my home!

Any advice would be appreciated as I can’t afford a solicitor at moment

FB6E6A63-051A-48D0-9E6F-B263667E2B29.thumb.png.3d95b1bb06e77cd1aef3645ea2a126eb.png

A9B86921-3ACC-4172-96DC-8EB830300CCF.png

Don't speak to them by phone or email under any circumstances. All you need to do is send them a letter giving them your correct , current address. That's it. Do that tomorrow, signed for delivery.  Then you just ignore all the rubbish they send you unless it's a PAP letter before action, in which case you run it past us.

DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE EVER! DO NOT EMAIL THEM EVER

You don't need a solicitor, you won't lose your home. The are just a powerless DCA acting like they are the law.  Oh and did I mention don't contact them by phone

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

have you changed your name since the email address was created?

I wondering if this is the only lead they have for you...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks both, 

I have not changed my name - have always had the same email address. 

I can definitely send a letter with my current address but just so I understand, what does that do. 

thankyou. 

If there was potential of them gaining a sneaky CCJ using another UK address, then it is worth advising of your current UK address for any communications.

What can happen is that if the debt collector can justify using another UK address when issing a Court claim, is that they end up gaining a CCJ by default, as you could not defend.  They they by some miracle (not) find your current UK address on official records  such as credit records, land registry etc.  And you are ambushed by enforcement actions, causing you to be in a difficult position, where you are trying to apply to the Court to stop enforcement and apply to set aside the CCJ.  

Better to tell the Bank you owe money to of your current UK address. You don't have to respond to a debt collector emailing you and it is probably not advisable to do this. If you know your ex-husbands address also tell the Bank their current address.  You don't mention the debt, just provide account number and new address. Keep copies of what you post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

write to the bank in Dubai?  

I can do this, but unlikely they will actually process any post from the UK as the postal system is dire and so is the administration there.

I doubt there would be any communication between them and the the agency here either in terms of updating them

-  they are just not that reliable.

Perhaps I should do both though to cover all bases?

Bank in Dubai (keeping proof I’ve done so) plus letter to this agency? 

Just send to the UK address. 

I confirm my name is xxx of xxxx xxx xxx. No need to do any more than that. Just make sure you keep proof of delivery.

After that ignore all letters, emails, calls etc. The only important letter would be a Letter before action, which might or might not ever arrive.

Also be wary, if you start working to keep things quiet on Linked In etc as they have been known to try and reach people via their employers.

If they call and you Accidentally pick up the phone, here’s what I do. Very polite to them, ‘ I don’t know who you are, and don’t give out my details to anybody over the phone, have a nice day’

Thankyou. I have sent the letter, signed for delivery, per your suggestion. Will be back should they send a letter of action. Thanks again! Really appreciate your help! 

Yup, I don't really think you have anything to worry about. There was even a whole spate of these a while back where they sent out hundreds of letter Before Actions, and didn't take it any further with the people who responded, that's because they knew it wasn't worth the risk or effort needed for them to win in a UK court.

However, those who ignored or didn't have correct address details may well have ended up with an undefended default judgement against them.

Thanks - actually when I got home, there was physical letter waiting for me - so I guess they did a google search on my name and my Limited Company address came up. Let’s see what happens?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

As someone, who has had a lot of debt abroad, the reality is there is very little they can do.

Lots of nasty letters, calls etc but if they have your address, it's all just noise. 

• 1 month later...

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as long as you have not received by royal mail - a letter of claim

you are safe to ignore silly discount texts/emails

about time you blocked them all and reported as spam.

dx

and they