• Tweets

• Well as you're implying, UB, you're going to sign a better trade deal with a large economic bloc than with a small one, aren't you?   I don't think there's any chance of any deal based on a 'special relationship' while Biden's in the White House, but as I said I think Trump would have stitched us up in the end anyway.
    • Atleast 7 years, but they have already done some of the work. I think Liam Fox started this a few years ago.   My guess is that it will take 3 to 4 years before a proper trade deal is signed. There might be a mini trade deal before then limited to a few sectors.   The issue for the Brexit supporters might be when the EU and US sign a trade deal, before there is a UK/US deal. And when this finally happens UK only obtains same deal as EU. There is no reason for US to agree better terms with the UK and they would not do so  because US sees UK as part of Europe.
    • English school leaders despair over new rules on Covid tests and  masks   https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/feb/25/english-school-leaders-despair-at-soft-line-on-covid-tests-and-masks
    • They've estimated 10 years to agree a trade deal haven't they, UB? I think the Tories believed Trump when he said the UK would be at the front of the queue and have a quick trade deal and thought it would look good as an announcement after Brexit happened. It didn't dawn on them until quite late on that Donald might lose the election.   Why they ever thought US negotiators would do any favours is beyond me and now you see how other countries have asserted themselves over trade deals, the Tories global ambitions are starting to look naive.
    • It takes a long time to agree trade deals because there are so many aspects to consider.    UK companies trade with US consumers including US Government every day of the year, with the previous trade arrangements still in place.   There is no hurry to agree a new trade deal. It takes thousands of civil servants in both Governments to go into every aspect and they just don't have the people available to do this work.    
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

TfL LEZ PCNs 10 months after the fact. Euro Parking Collection foreign vehicle.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 235 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

first time here, thanks in advance for reading and your advice.

Yesterday i received two PCN notices in the post, one for a London Low Emission Zone alleged transgression in Aug 19 and the second for same in Sept 19.

I live in XXXX (non specific euro country) the vehicle is registered here. The vehicle in question is a Volkswagen Multivan ( kind of smart Caravelle) with 6 seats plus driver.

I paid for two days ULEZ charge on 3 and 4 Aug 2019. I understood that the LEZ charge did not apply to my vehicle as it is less than 8 seats. 

The first i heard about the LEZ transgression is the letter which arrived yesterday from Euro Parking Collection ( EPC Plc). Registered address London Uk, payment bank account in German Bank.

The letter, dated 14/05/20 in Spanish, states -

If you do not respond before the 28-day period from the date of delivery of this fine, a surcharge may be issued that would increase the amount of the fine to EUR 1,784.81.  If the fine is not paid, the issuing authority may record the outstanding balance as debt and transfer the matter to a debt collector.  You have 14 days from the date of delivery of this fine to pay it with a discount of EUR 594.94.  If no payment has been made as of 28/05/20, you must pay the full amount of the fine of EUR 1,189.87.  If as of 25/06/20 you have not paid the fine or you have not appealed it, a surcharge may be issued that would increase the amount to be paid up to EUR 1,784.81.

I have two of these notices, demands totalling €3500.

A couple of things i’ve noticed at the outset - it refers to 28 days from the date of delivery of the notice for increasing the fine and also 14 days from the date of delivery of the notice to pay the reduced amount of €1189.

The normal penalty charge for a vehicle transgressing LEZ is £500 reduced to £250 within 14 days.

So i have tried to appeal with ECP using their web form which doesn’t appear to work , no email confirmation. I have tried to fax, but no success.

I have also tried the appeal process with TFL which was ‘experiencing difficulties’ so i emailed directly the Customer Services manager TfL.

i have yet to receive any replies.

edited - to amend title.

• dx100uk changed the title to TfL LEZ PCNs 10 months after the fact. Euro Parking Collection foreign vehicle.

are you resident in this country....

I suspect not!!

so Euro Parking Collection which are a mere DCA can do stuff and all to you.

safe to ignore totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where is the vehicle registered as being kept,  at your current address or elsewhere?

I ask this because a limited time is given to issue a penalty charge and that is 6 months, which has passed.

If they didnt issue a ticket by then they are timed out and you owe sod all.

The company chasing you are not TfL, they are a dca, which has no authority to do anything other than beg you to pay.

Note the amount isnt the same as the original pCN, the rest is their holiday fund and we call it unicorn food tax.

i am not resident in the UK. however i do intend to drive the vehicle to the uk this year. what power do EPC have in that respect? seizure for non-payment, etc?

the vehicle is kept at the registered address. no PCNs or other correspondence have been received before these two notices yesterday. 

the two notices were sent from Sweden though the EPC is uk based.

6 months time limit on the PCN - so as EPC have dated their letter May 2020 it would appear the claims are completely null and void in any respect, whether the PCNs were justified or not.

unicorn food tax ! i did laugh at that. 😀

cheers.

Epc have zero powers.. A dca is not a BAILIFF

Forget about the pcn's

nothing even tfl can do now I suspect

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...