Dealing with reseller companies which use Hermes as their couriers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed that a number of people here are advocating boycotting companies which use Hermes to deliver their products.
I’m afraid that I think that this is the wrong approach. I think that people should continue to do business with companies which use Hermes.
Resellers have a contractual duty to ensure that goods which you order are delivered – and delivered promptly and in good condition.
If you simply stop doing business with reseller companies which use Hermes, the reseller company will scarcely notice. It really won’t make any particular difference to them – and they will simply continue – probably in a blissful ignorance.
It’s almost impossible to get sufficient people to support this kind of boycott.
If you order an item from a reseller company and the item doesn’t arrive or it arrives in damaged condition, then you can force the reseller company to reimburse you or to replace the item. If the reseller company is uncooperative then you can begin a chargeback process with your bank if you have paid by debit card, or claim for reimbursement under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act if you have paid by credit card for an item costing more than £100. It’s pretty straightforward.
This is the kind of expense and inconvenience which the reseller company will notice.
This probably doesn’t need to happen very often before the reseller company starts to have a conversation about the quality of service they are receiving from their courier.
The reseller company is far more powerful than you because they have resources and also because they are a source of repeat business for Hermes.
The fact that the reseller company is obliged to replace articles or to issue refunds for undelivered products means that they will put pressure on Hermes – or they may decide to move away from Hermes altogether.
Hermes will listen to the reseller company because they are a powerful customer. Hermes will not listen to you because you are simply troublesome and you mean nothing to them.
Do not boycott reseller companies because they use Hermes. Keep shopping as usual – buy what you need – when you need it – but if there are problems with the delivery then focus on the reseller immediately. You will find that they are a much easier target than Hermes.
In fact if you want to twist the knife a little, post a Tweet using your reseller's @Twitter handle as well as the @Hermes Twitter handle and give a little description of what has happened.
The trick is to put the reseller and Hermes in conflict with each other - then step back and watch.
Get the reseller company to do the dirty work for you.
In the end, if they have enough trouble from their customers, they will take care of Hermes for you.

Believe me 😉

Oh, how we laughed  🤣