Ocean now Prestige finance & historical charges on a secured Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My secured loan with Ocean money was transferred to Prestige finance approx 2015.

I have now paid off the loan but they say i owe £1750 in historical charges & are still holding onto the charge for our property until we pay.

We have issued a complaint with the financial ombudsman back in April 2020 but still waiting to hear back.

I have asked for proof of these charges & also a copy of the credit agreement but this has not been forthcoming.

I was also told by one of Prestige agents that they have not got any proof of these historical charges.

Could anyone advise me what to do as totally fed up with this & to be honest quite frightened.

Had a bellyful as our main lender Engage credit tried to repossess our house in 2013 when the main mortgage was transferred to them from GMAC.

Went to court & managed to stop it, all arrears are paid but I am sure all this stress lead to my wife getting cancer.

She is now free & recovering but obviously could do without another crook trying to bugger us up just because we don't know our rights etc.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

SAR Prestige finance. That you will be able to see everything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Under GDPR regulations you have the right to request every piece of information a company has on you. Including emails, screen shots, phone conversations etc.  That means you can then come back to us with the results, and the betting is that most of these charges are unlawful and you can tell Prestige to Foxtrot Oscar.

The charges should all be listed and itemised by the way. Oh and the non compliance fines are truly terrifying, so company's tend to comply! For heavens sake don't bother with a solicitor.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

5 minutes ago, gaznmaz said:

Sorry for sounding dumb but what is SAR?

Click on the link SAR 

do the same to Engage too!!

bet most of repo figure was charges and arrears sums too..they all unlawful!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm afraid to say you are probably being royally had,

I would also recommend that your wife calls her GP tomorrow morning first thing and ask for a signed note from her doctor explaining that she is in remission from cancer, along with the medications that she's on (with side effects) and that this stress could be extremely dangerous for her.  You can then send off the note with an explainer that she is incredibly stressed by this and that you will hold them responsible for any worsening of her condition if you do not cancel all charges immediately and remove the charge from your property.

5 hours ago, gaznmaz said:

Cheers will do would get a solicitor onto it but not much extra pennies at the Mo 

you don't need a solicitor...!!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

I have recieved the full SAR from prestige & as at 2nd April this year we have a statement saying 0 arrears!

I have asked for an itemised run down down of any charges incurred. They are still saying the £1600 is for historical interest.

A bit above my head I'm afraid.

Telephoned them today & asked for a full itemised run down of any charges incurred & the lady I spoke to said there wasn't any listed on my account & she would have to email management & I have to contact them in 7 days. 

what you want from the SAR is a full set of accounts from say 1 including all of the terms of the loan and interest calculations and rates.

If they haven't done that then they have failed to comply and you have grounds for complaint and legal action for the non compliance

these companies have a habit of adding fees that are unlawful so be prepared to take them to court to claim back that money and interest and that will put them on notice that they are in line for contempt proceedings if they continue to hang this one out

stop using email

stop using the phone.

can you scan the statements to one multipage PDF please

read upload carefully

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi, to date I have still not received a full itemised list of the supposed historical charges from Prestige finance even though I have requested them on numerous occasions please see below:

Hi Joanna,

With reference to our telephone conversation yesterday 2nd Sept 2020.

As mentioned to you I have not received the full itemised list of charges that I requested on the 17th August 2020 (copy letter attached).

Also Charles from the financial ombudsman has been in contact with me & said that Prestige have stated that the £1700 owing refers to historical charges prior to them buying the loan, although there is no mention of this in the full SAR that I requested from yourselves.

A point of law states that you cannot after many years attempt to claim interest on historical charges that you say exist but have no proof of.

Also may I add that if there had been any charges & I had been asked to pay them (which hasn’t occurred)

I would have settled straight away.

Any advise appreciated

how can they charge interest on fees they have no record of.....

and they

I know its crazy,

They say they won't release the charge on our property untill I pay the £1700.

Because of the attempted possession years ago by my main mortgage holder engage credit (on the loophole in the law where if an agreement hasn't been arranged within 6 months they can go for possession & they refused to acknowledge any contact with me )

I made an offer to Prestige to pay off the £1700 at £100 per month which they accepted, 2 months ago.

I did state that although I will do this I do not accept the charges & await the outcome of the ombudsman etc.

Needless to say the ombudsman told me that he hasn't heard of anyone winning a case against Prestige & I probably will have to pay.( Got the impression he was very biased towards Prestige )

I informed him that I've requested itemised proof of the charges which haven't been forthcoming.

Must admit that I feel like paying them a visit with 2 sawn off tubes but lucky enough I'm not like that.

Getting nowhere fast with this.

• dx100uk changed the title to Ocean now Prestige finance & historical charges on a secured Loan

what you doing still ringing these fleecers STOP IT!

you need a papertrail to allow the FOS to properly decide, though you are correct they rarely fall on the consumers side where penalty charges ae involved with any lender.

why have you not escalated the SAR failure to the ICO?

and they