lady_cher v barclays

lady_cher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am very new to all this! AGH!

I heard about it via the internet and I have told all my friends to cliam their money back too!

So far I have sent a letter to the bank requesting my bank charges plus the interest!

I have received a letter back saying that they are sorry to hear about blaa blaa blaa and that they will be looking into it!

I have now recevied a letter offering about a quarter of what I asked for...

I am going to politely decline and send another two letters out.... with help from everyone on here! - Who are little angels!! :o)

Hi and welcome,

Any help you need just ask, everyone on this site is very helpful, post any questions you have on here, and have a good read of other post.

best of luck.

Claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

far I have sent a letter to the bank requesting my bank charges plus the interest!

I have received a letter back saying that they are sorry to hear about blaa blaa blaa and that they will be looking into it!

I am going to politely decline and send another two letters out.... with help from everyone on here! - Who are little angels!! :shock:)

What interest have you claimed and why another 2 letters you need only send the LBA now.

Hello, I am very new to all this! AGH!

I heard about it via the internet and I have told all my friends to cliam their money back too!

So far I have sent a letter to the bank requesting my bank charges plus the interest!

I am going to politely decline and send another two letters out.... with help from everyone on here! - Who are little angels!! :o)

I am at the same stage as you are, im am going to decline their very poor offer and am a bit stuck what to do next. Im finding it quite hard finding my way round this website and really wanted to to post a question, but dont even know how to do that.

Bey

Hi Zan, Look on the letter templates in this website, print them off after personnalizing them to your details, and send them off to your bank (Addresses needed also on the website)await their reply, if no reply before 14 days, send the letter entitled "letter before action" after that you should receive an offer, do not accept the offer, follow next stages to take proceedings to court.

Cant advise after that cos thats where im at at the mo.

Good luck. What bank are you with?

Bey

Hi, can anyone please tell me how I start to get my money back please

You need to read the faqs and step by step instructions, This is a self help web site you need to do the work yourself, we are here to assist you. Once you are familiar with the process please start a thread in your bank forum, post your questions there.

Hi Again Lady,

Just noticed that in your first posy you said you had asked for your charges back plus the interest.

Exactly what interest have you asked for ??

If it is the calculated 8% that should only be claimed at the court stage

Jules

xxxx

Hi Jules...

How are you?? Did you have a good weekend??

Thank you for your message.

I fear I have made a bit of a boob! Oh dear.

Well, I first learned about reclaiming your bank charges etc from MoneySavingExpert.com ad-free, free to use, Consumer Revenge! - it was there that i followed their instructions to claim back charges and interest - there was an interest calculator on the web page to do the math for you... I am not sure of the percentage.

It was through that web site that i found out about Consumer Action Group! I only wish I had gone there first!!

Is there anything i can/should do now??

Thank you so much for that!

Cheryl

Hi Cher

How long is it since you sent your first letter requesting they return your charges.If it is over 14 days and you have had no satisfacory response you need to br sending your letter before action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Read through it carefully alter it to suit your needs and when you get to the amount you are claiming but just the amount of charges without the 8% interest. I cannot see you having problems because you included it in your first letter.

Jules

xxxxx

Hi Jules

Thank you for your message!

I am a little confused at the moment as I am ready to send my 'Letter Before Action', however, in my original letter to the bank I requested all fees plus the interest on those fees, which i believe to be the 8%. - according to Moneysavingexpert.com - this was where I first heard about how to claim back bank charges etc. and so i follwed his steps to begin with.

Anyway, in the Letter Before Action, it says 'I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken' - i have not actually worked out this part of the overdraft interest and am unsure if i should now include this or should i just leave that bit out??

Sorry for all the confusion!

Thank you so so much for your help!!

oh no... i've jst received a letter from the bank as I sent them a 'Response to settlement offer' letter - declining what they have offered me.... I still haven't sent the 'Letter Before Action'... now they have sent me a letter saying that they made an offer as a gesture of goodwill and that they will not increase it and this is my final chance to accept their offer....

Is it okay to just send my 'Letter before Action' now???

Thank you again!!

Cher x

Hi Jules

Thank you for your message!

I am a little confused at the moment as I am ready to send my 'Letter Before Action', however, in my original letter to the bank I requested all fees plus the interest on those fees, which i believe to be the 8%. - according to Moneysavingexpert.com - this was where I first heard about how to claim back bank charges etc. and so i follwed his steps to begin with.

Anyway, in the Letter Before Action, it says 'I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken' - i have not actually worked out this part of the overdraft interest and am unsure if i should now include this or should i just leave that bit out??

Sorry for all the confusion!

Thank you so so much for your help!!

oh no... i've jst received a letter from the bank as I sent them a 'Response to settlement offer' letter - declining what they have offered me.... I still haven't sent the 'Letter Before Action'... now they have sent me a letter saying that they made an offer as a gesture of goodwill and that they will not increase it and this is my final chance to accept their offer....

Is it okay to just send my 'Letter before Action' now???

Thank you again!!

Cher x

Yes send the LBA. You dont need to enter overdraft interest as you are not claiming it. Just ask for the actual charges first then the interest at eh court stage.