World Books

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some time ago, I very stupidly agreed over the 'phone to join World Books. I found their books to be rubbish and returned the first two they sent me. They have now charged me £17.99 for "Unfulfilled Commitment Charge". Reading around about this mob of tricksters, I have paid the charge, rather than have debt collectors harassing me, and I have asked them to cancel my membership. My question is, will this be the end of the matter; if not how should I proceed?

Ahhhh, World Books (or any of their many incarnations, FSF, History Club etc...) I was wondering how long before we saw them popping here...

They lie about fulfilling membership, they lie about actioning things, they now have outsourced to barely-speaking wherever with staff who read from a script, they have no knowledge of consumer law, and like the famous battery, they go on and on and on...

Hopefully, as you say, it will be the end of the matter. If it's not, nevr EVER phone them (total waste of time and money anyway), write 3 times max saying "I've fulfilled my part of the contract, now f* off and die. If you think I still owe you anything, take me to court" (or words to that effect, lol), then ignore them. The last letter, make sure you tell them you will not answer anymore unless it's to a court summons.

Many thanks for that advice. It grieved me to pay the bastards. Any more crap from them and I shall act as you suggest. I have been kicking myself regularly for being such a prat as to join their so-called Club.

If they do continue to harass you, consider making a complaint to your local trading standards. The more complaints that are made about sheisters like this, the more chance there is that someone will do something about it.

I used to work for these guys and to be perfectlyhonest it was a nightmare. At the time (about 5 years ago) we the customer service staff in the know, could write off debt and close accounts, but it was a guarded secret, and you never let on to the supervisor that you knew how to do it. I ALWAYS did it for cases that sounded genuine and I probably cost the company thousands but hey ho!:grin:

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks