Who pays for PPE - agency or workplace?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the final few weeks of working for an employment agency before taking up a full time contract. I recently purchased some PPE in readiness for going back to the workplace (I've been working from home up to now), the agency refuse to answer my specific question about who should reimburse me for the PPE.....any ideas, here, please?

Hi

What Sector do you work in?

Couple of links of interest:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-personal-protective-equipment-ppe

https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/index.htm

Note: Any PPE you wear due to COVID-19 going from home to your employment and from employment at end of shift to your home is your own responsibility not the employers.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

your employer must provide the necessary PPE having doen a risk assessment to determine what is required assuming the actual hazard cant be avoided.

Now if I arrived to wrok on a site and I wasnt handed the necessary stuff then I an entitled to walk off site and still expect to be paid as a contractual obligation.

Now if you dont ahve a fixed place of work then things get more complcated but there is still an expectation that the necessary kit is provided or at least you are gien a shopping list and told to present them with the receipts for reimbursement if it includes things like safety footwear