Keep getting credit card statements after 10 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It’s been 10 years since I contacted RBS for my credit card agreement which they haven’t got and I received a default notice then, I haven’t made any payments and I haven’t contacted them since then But I keep getting the statements every month they come to me by post.  What should I do to stop these statements coming to me.   Many Thanks 

So account not showing as closed ?

They added default and have just kept it open sending you statements every month.

Is this account still on your credit record ?

Perhaps make the request to properly close the account, without any admission to owing any debt.  You could say that the account should have been closed back in xx/xxxx but for some reason statements are still being issued. Say you have GDPR concerns with them still processing  data on a closed account.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Start off by sending them an SAR. Find out what they've got so that you will understand the situation better and then come back here. You shouldn't start taking any kind of action until you have thoroughly briefed yourself

Things to look out for on the SAR , are the default date and the last payment date. From that we can work out when it becomes SB'd.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

well sb'd then.

not a lot they can do.

and you certainly cant reset anything by writing in whatever manner.

we still get statements for2 cards from the 1990's from Lloyds occasionally.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In June 2009 I got a letter from RBS regarding my request under section 78(1) to supply copies of the original agreement set out under the consumer credit act.  

We regret to advise that the agreement has been misfiled and despite searching our records we have been unable to locate it.

Notwithstanding this agreement remains valid, and we expect you to meet your obligations under the agreement.

We should point out that if you cease to make future payments as they fall due we will report your default to the credit reference agencies.   Section 78 (6) unenforceable only prevents us from pursuing recovery of debt through the courts.    

Any Thoughts to this letter.  

Thank you 

quite correct

stuff and all they can do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...