• Tweets

• thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case.    I have been at the same address since 2009.    in 2010 they wrote to an address that I lived at in 2008 and left in 2009. I assumed they collected that address from the electoral roll maybe. after investigation this is the address where they secured the CCJ at.    The SB MCOL success in 2015 was from the same current address I am at now (and since 2009 ) and is the same address that they are writing to now.    so no I have not moved, they just didn't write/contact for a long time   thanks Dave  (thanks for the info and your time I have made a donation through PayPal)    
    • Hi all, just finished my Hearing.. Nothing owed to me by VCS so I WON the case.   Mr D from VCS stated he wanted to Appeal, then he withdrew the opportunity. VCS have 3 weeks to appeal so I may yet get a letter.   The WS "we" all put together was "Very Informative" the Judge said.   What swung the judge was that is was a Stopping Event, not a Parking Event.   I didn't make any counter claims as yet.. Will wait to see if an Appeal is forthcoming..   Just want to say a Big Thanks to all for your help. I do hope it's finally over. It was pretty Intense for a Layman!   Regards Tom    
    • Have you had the property valued.....what's its worth ?  If he agrees to nothing and signs nothing he is legally entitled to 50% of the value anyway.
    • My car was on road outside my house.  i took the loan out october 2019, never defaulted till June 2020. Requested payment holiday which they granted, still struggle due to Covid.   on the paper work it says I took 2000 and pay back 175, a month. I actually only had 1200 at 105 a month. They never sent me new paper work.   Hence kept telling me wrong settlement figures or would not send you settlement figures, then another date would pass. 
    • Hi All,  I would appreciate a bit of advice re a speeding offence.    I lease a vehicle and the leasing company received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) dated  7/1/21  relating to an alleged offence speeding offence (fixed camera) on 12/12/20.   As soon as I heard from the police, I wrote back and informed them that the notice was well over the 14 days set out by the Road Traffic Act. and sent them a copy of the notice issued to the leasing company dated 7/1/21.   The police persisted in simply replying and advising me that the it was issued within 14 days! After four letters from me, asking them to explain how this could possibly be within 14 days, they eventually put a bit more meat on the bone and said that an NIP was sent out on the 15/12/20, which would, of course, be within the statutory time.    I then contacted the leasing company again,  and they have confirmed that the only NIP that they received was on 7/1/21, otherwise, they would have contacted me earlier!     The NIP dated 7/1/21 presents as an original notice, not a reminder; not sure if that is relevant.    Any suggestions as to how to deal with this one?     Many thanks.      
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Packlink/Hermes lost ebay parcel - **Settled**

Thanks. If you don't hear anything by next week I'd suggest that you give them a ring to see what's going on.

The court staff are very decent but they are not massively efficient and they are hopelessly under resourced. It's not unknown for things to go awry – not be sent out et cetera. You don't want to find that a date has been allocated and you don't know about it

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I was away so wasn't able to mention here but I have received an Acknowledgement of service and they have chosen to defend all of the claim. They have now have 28 days to file a response.

I think that now you have had a pretty clear explanation of the mediation process and in particular, the apparent approach by the mediator, you are in an excellent position to press your case home.

Good.....so now your waiting on the n157 Notice of Allocation..this allocates the claim to track and gives you the courts directions on what you and the defendant must prepare next and by when.It will

Try logging into your account on MCOL and check the status of the claim ...see if its been allocated out of Northampton.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Updates ?   what was the last entry ?   

Directions Questionnaires sent out ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Good.....so now your waiting on the n157 Notice of Allocation..this allocates the claim to track and gives you the courts directions on what you and the defendant must prepare next and by when.It will also give the date of the hearing and when you must pay the hearing fee by.

Andy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just to give an update - I reached out to Hermes to settle this for what they offered at the mediation process (£300 + postage costs). I sent Hermes a letter and got a reply via email that they are willing to still agree to settle for this amount and they have now transferred the money directly into my bank account.

Apologies BankFodder, I know who would have liked this to go to court and see Hermes lose but I was just a bit fed up of waiting. I was told the court hearing date could have been a long while still due to backlog caused by the pandemic and I just wanted to close this matter and move on. The settlement amount is not too far off the actual item costs so rather than risk losing it all (probably more with the additional court fees) I am fine to settle at this amount.

• Thanks 1

Well done. And don't worry about the apologies. This site exists firstly to help the individuals who come to us – and only secondarily to give the companies who try to rip them off a good slap.

Thanks very much indeed for updating us.

• BankFodder changed the title to Packlink/Hermes lost ebay parcel - **Settled**

Great post OP and fantastic advice by Bankfodder throughout the entire process. 

Glad to hear  you got some of your money back. I'm in a similar situation but with DPD where my parcel has gone awol and 

DPD not taking any responsibility. I'll be 100% referring back to this thread in future. 

👍

• Like 1