Can i get a speeding ticket from a bodycam?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was on the M25 with a police  car behind me. He pulled me over and said I was doing 80mph, and that he was wearing a bodycam to prove it.

Is the bodycam proper evidence of speeding?

He said he was going to report me for the speeding, but he didn't issue a ticket of any type.

Was he winding me up, or can I expect a summons to drop through my door?

If it does, do I have a defence?

bodycam would probably show his speedo.

was it a 70MPH zone?

if so 80MPH is not really an offence anyway.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

80mph is definitely, really, an offence. Whether or it is reported or followed up is another matter.

'Not really an offence' would be a great defence though.

H

Edited by Hammy1962

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

you know what I mean hammy ... upto 86 is an awareness course etc if no previous.

its rare for them to hit someone for doing 80 in a 70 (IF it was a 70 zone... many areas of the M25 are not)

though if he was pulled over for the manner of driving he wouldn't have been told speeding

but ...they have 14 days to send the NIP to the registered keeper? or is it diff if pulled over rather than by camera?

I forget.

sadly I bet this was not a 70zone is more the point?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is where your manner of driving comes into 

but if you are stopped they usually refer to that too..

from the web:

For example, to be fined for speeding in a 30mph zone you would have to travel 35mph or on a 70mph road you’d have to travel 79mph.

However, it has been previously reported that the tolerance is down to the discretion of the police force.

A National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) spokesperson that the rule is a “guidance” and “not part of legislation.”

They said: “The 10 per cent rule is allowed in guidance but it is not part of legislation. It is used as a rule of thumb for enforcement – 10 per cent over the speed limit plus 2mph.

and they

Check which part of the M25 you were on, some motorways have 50 limits to lower emissions, some permanent some flexible, as do some dual carriageways now.  Might have inadvertently gone through one of those at 80 mph. A483 through Wrexham  the main route to South Wales via Oswestry has recently had such a limit imposed

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

11 hours ago, dx100uk said:

However, it has been previously reported that the tolerance is down to the discretion of the police force.

A National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) spokesperson that the rule is a “guidance” and “not part of legislation.”

They said: “The 10 per cent rule is allowed in guidance but it is not part of legislation. It is used as a rule of thumb for enforcement – 10 per cent over the speed limit plus 2mph.

My understanding is that's always been the case. It's never been the law, always guidance. Some police forces have long prosecuted on a 'zero tolerance' basis - the Chief Constable of the North Wales police if my memory is right was particularly outspoken about his force giving no tolerance at one time.

It's also my understanding that whether the 10% + 2 mph discretion is allowed should be something the Chief Constable decides for their police area as a whole and not usually something that every individual police officer decides for themself. 

In North Wales they seem to ignore the trucks going through the 50mph on the A55  Llandulas to Mochdre at 56 on their limiters but sometimes go after cars doing 56, probably as they want an excuse to stop them, they hide on the Old Colwyn on slip with a radar gun,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

21 hours ago, dx100uk said:

but ...they have 14 days to send the NIP to the registered keeper? or is it diff if pulled over rather than by camera?

I forget.

Enforcement in a 70 mph limit normally begins at 79mph. Evidence from a police officer is sufficient to prove a speeding offence however it was gathered (providing the court accepts it). 

However, there is more to this than meets the eye. No written NIP would be necessary because what the OP hasn't told us is that he had asked the police if they could help him and in order to do so they apparently followed him for 32 miles to his home.

• Like 1