Yvonne V Clydesdale bank mastercard!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

After a recent success at claiming £100 from a current account I hold with Clydesdale, I have proceded to claim Clydesdale bank Mastercard for £322.00p in late payments.

I sent off the letter which included a breakdown off all the charges applied to that account in the last 5 years, including date and days since offence and how much the charge was.

Today I recieved a reply to that letter basically telling me they are not refunding any of it, and the charges had been applied correctly.

This happened before with my last claim, although last time they offered as a "gesture of goodwill" half the charges, and I rejected that, then the next letter gave me the full amount.

Am I just being niave or are Mastercard harder to claim against?

I'm, going to write off today telling them how dissapointed I am in with their response and quote the rules and regulations to them etc, But I just wanted some advice before I do so. Should I write now to the FO and tell them they are dragging their heels?

Any advice would be great, because I have one more (much larger) claim to make agains CB for a different current account, and I dont want this to take too long because the longer I wait, the less I'll get back, and I didnt want to submit both claims at the same time incase they decided to group them together and force me into a non - small claims court claim.

Thanks,

Yvonne

P.S. in their letter they keep refering to "6 years" eventhough I live in Scotand and am only claiming for 5 years. The letter arrived from Leeds, does this mean i can claim for 6 years instead of 5?

October 2006 - Full amount claimed from CB current account.

November 2006 - Letter recieved from CB mastercard saying beat it - all the charges were applied correctly.

note sure of the answer to this one myself, but 'bump' :D

PJ x

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.