• Tweets

• Apologies if this rambles slightly I feel a little brain dead after yesterday    I just want to know if I'm being unreasonable in one of my points (holding them responsible for costs to possibly damaged engine if I can get an engineer report)    Basically broke down in a layby on the a43, steam from bonnet high engine temps   RAC arrives declares it a minor leak and tops up then says OK to continue (4 miles to services) then recheck and says fine to drive home   30 miles later large amount of steam from engine and lose power, get it to hard shoulder   Next rac chap arrives and says it blowing like that may have damaged engine as it now doesn't start, says it will need a crane truck as 4wd and auto says priority job as 3 children on hardshoulder in the rain (1 in wheelchair)    3 hours later, I've chased rac twice and been rung by highways agency twice (who have also complained to rac)    Tow truck arrives (flat bed) advise them we were told it needs crane and drive says its OK it will run, after cranking engine for over 5 mins drives it onto truck pouring fluid out the bottom   I can't help but feel that him cranking engine that much when pouring fluid is likely to have done alot of damage as well as being told to continue on a leaking engine    
    • Thank you. I’ll sit on my hands, for now! 
    • 29 Farage Garages? or Just the latest of many Johnsons Follies?     "New photos show how the county nicknamed the Garden of England may soon be more accurately described as the nation’s lorry park – thanks to Brexit preparations. The images show the full jaw-dropping magnitude of a scheme (one of 29 such) which will see 27 acres of Kent’s green fields ripped up and concreted over to create a sprawling 2,000-vehicle holding facility for trucks crossing the Channel."   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-news-uk-kent-lorry-park-channel-crossing-b1278893.html   From comments: They promised us the easiest deal in history. Frictionless trade. And better jobs for the "forgotten". This is what we get. ... lorry dumps and portaloos that come to symbolize this incompetent callous government.
    • Top paediatricians have written an open letter to government about children going hungry and supporting Marcus Rashford's campaign.   https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/oct/24/open-letter-from-uk-paediatricians-about-free-school-meals
    • It's not worth appealing because ECP won't listen, unfortunately, plus you can give the impression that if they lean on you, you'll pay them money when you don't need to. The only time we normally advise writing to them is if you get a Letter Before Claim/Action.   Best to say nothing for now and if you do get a LBC, we'll help you to draft something. Have a read around some other parking threads and you'll get an idea of how these people operate.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

VCS ANPR PCN claimform - berkeley precinct sheffield

there is no next step

you send that letter as was written.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i don't want to make any more mistakes , as i am not really familiar with legal stuff. and cannot really afford to lose any more money, so i just decided to cough up and take this as a learning experi

Thanks for letting us know, we all make mistakes, so don't be hard on yourself. 

And do not fill in and send back any of their paperwork, I & E etc, that will only make them think they can get you to pay something, just the ericsbrother missive nothing else as said by DX.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

we try to give precise and succint advice so if we wanted you to stand on one leg and say Baa we would have said so.

send the letter drafted for you and nothing else, you are not going to play their game, you are taking control.

thanks EB, for clear and concise advise.

should i send it by recorded delivery to ensure receipt.

i have been hovering about a little, pondering over the situation

Edited by rabialioness

God no

dont waste money on them

2nd class will do

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But get a free proof of posting, as it will be deemed delivered after 3 - 5 second class days

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 5 months later...

hi peeps,

just thought i would update you all on the current situation.

since i wrote the letter as advised by ericsbrother ,  back in may 2019 i have not had any further communication /letter etc.

do you think they have dismissed the charges and dropped the case, as it has been quite a long time now.

or will they still pursue it eventually.

many thanks to all who put my mind at ease and helped me out in this situation.

Simple simon has 6yrs

so keep or scan everything

often he leaves it a few years

then tries again

if you moved dont ever forget to write to all your supposed creditors

Dx

and they

• 3 months later...

hi peeps , i'm back again, thought this was over and done with , but unfortuantely  thats not the case.  Just received  a letter with the following info.

ref:- xxxxxxxx

we write regarding the above matter

"i am disappointed to note that we have not reached an amicable agreement in respect of our "letter before claim" despite our engagement in open correspondence.  As such , in accordance with the pre-action protocol ("for debt claims") clause 8.2 we are giving you 14 days notice of our intention to start court proceedings."

the letter is dated  28/02

please advise me on next step to take

many thanks

other than reading like threads 

nothing you can do till you actually get the claimform pack from northants bulk 

dx

and they

They don't the court might..

Dx

and they

court send claimforms not claimants.

get reading up 

any PCN claimform thread will do use our search top right

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

dreaded  court letter has arrived and its from court which is 130 miles away from me and about 2-3 hours drive .

panic has struck in

Hi.

No need to panic, let's take this slowly. :)  Is there a court nearer to you? You may be able to get it changed, it sounds as if something got missed on the paperwork.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

so you didn't get reading up as post 67 advised 3mts ago?

the claim, should they run in all the way...gets transferred to your local court..

please complete this:

dx

and they

Name of the Claimant :   

vehicle control services limited

2 europa court 

sheffield business park

sheffield 

s9 1xe

Claimants Solicitors: (if one is stated)

Date of issue –  28th may 2020

Date for AOS - 15th june 2020

Date to submit Defence - 29th june 2020

What is the claim for  

The claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land.

The defendants vehicle xxxxxxx, was identified in the Berkeley centre pay & display on the xx/xx/xxxx in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely parked without payment of the parking tariff for the vehicle registration mark of the vehicle on site.

At all material times the defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 

The terms and conditions upon entering the private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations. 

The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 

The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.

What is the value of the claim?

£160 + £25 court fees =  £185 total

The claimant beleives that the facts stated in this claim form are true and i am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement

signed   jake burgess  (claimant)

my concern is that if i lose case, it will  be logged on credit file

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN claimform - berkeley precinct sheffield

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

……………...

lots of vcs berekeley claimform threads here

use our search top right.

get reading up.

and they

Usual VCS roboclaim, "At all material times the defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. " can only one or the other.

The only way you get a hit on the credit file is

1: you don't defend Simple gets a default and you don't pay within 28 days

2: You defend and lose and don't pay within 28 days of judgment.

Now he usually messes up, so plenty to trip him up, also if the original sum was £100, and he cannot prove who driver is so sues Keeper as keeper, he cannot add anything to the claim, so the extra £60 is invalid.

The team will help you read up on some VCS threads and you will see a 3 line defence initially will be sufficient for now.

On 02/06/2020 at 13:35, dx100uk said:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

……………...

lots of vcs berekeley claimform threads here

use our search top right.

get reading up.

already told you post 74 ^^^

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - berkeley precinct sheffield