VCS ANPR PCN claimform - berkeley precinct sheffield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Summary Judgment or strike out...not Summary Dismissal ...that's employment law EB

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Issue is they failed to file defence after doing AOS.  What way is there round that one without spending more than paying the Judgment off?  We know the POC would be pants and defensible.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

None Im afraid....

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part12

Conditions to be satisfied

(1) The claimant may obtain judgment in default of an acknowledgment of service only if at the date on which judgment is entered–

(a) the defendant has not filed an acknowledgment of service or a defence to the claim (or any part of the claim); and

(b) the relevant time for doing so has expired.

(2) Judgment in default of defence may be obtained only –

(a) where an acknowledgement of service has been filed but at the date on which judgment is entered a defence has not been filed;

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

That's what I thought, only option is to pay  greedy Simple the judgment  amount PDQ before it is Registered.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

the letter i received doesn't give any account details to whom payment should be made, or how to pay e.g. via phone , card etc

just says payment should be made to the person named at the address for payment, giving claimants reference and claim number

gutted, 

just came across this article from January 2020

i can't believe i misinterpreted / misread the  court documents i received.

i always thought the AOS was all i had to submit, until i received a court date and that i would have to file defence then.

Judge throws out fines issued at notorious Sheffield car park

Fines at a notorious Sheffield car park have been issued illegally after a judge dismissed charges against several defendants.

you ring VCS and pay them with a card.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That doesnt prevent you from applying for a set aside, it just states why the judgement has been made.

A set aside WILL be granted as long as you have a chance of winning and that chance doesn't have to be overwhelming.

I got a default judgement against a courier co and they asked for a set aside using entirely fictitious grounds so I contested it.

DJ Spanton a Hastings CC told me and the lawyer for the couriers that due to a High Court appeal decision all set asides SHALL be granted except in very limited circumstances and telling lies as to why they hadn't dealt with the claim wasn't one of those exceptions.

This was just over a year ago

What about the matter of costs EB?  The set aside would cost the OP £255, whereas the judgement is "only" for £185.

Should get them back if they win,  Its in the press about the issues at that place and VCS had a spanking over it, its OP's gamble.

i don't want to make any more mistakes , as i am not really familiar with legal stuff. and cannot really afford to lose any more money, so i just decided to cough up and take this as a learning experience ,

if i come across anything like this again , i will hopefully have some idea as to how to deal with it.

thanks to everyone who gave their time and helped

• Like 3

Thanks for letting us know, we all make mistakes, so don't be hard on yourself. 

• Like 2

Seconded.  Just learn from the experience for the next time and make sure this is the last money you ever give these sharks.