Three Network chasing after unpaid bills for service not rendered ** Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 29/06/2020 at 23:04, shalamar138 said:

Contacting 3 network will not work as the debt has been passed on to a DCA.

You need to contact the DCA and sort it with them.

Confirm the balance owing on the a/c with the DCA and pay it all off.

If you pay off the balance the DCA will transfer the details back to 3 Network.

You then press for a refund and if it is verified you had a poor service you will be refunded.

All the time the debt is hanging on it will invariably affect your credit file, hence pay off the debt and claim it back afterwards. 

If the DCA is legit they will confirm the outstanding bal and their business address details incl tel number by letter and you can cross check using a search engine online then call them back to verify.

You would not receive emails or text messages from a DCA as they would need hard copies and a paper trail in case they need to take the matter to court.

I note on a prev reply from dx100uk that its possible junk and this would be correct.

If you have received a letter then it will have a letterhead and you can cross check their details as above.

If you decide to contact the ombudsman at this stage they will ask if you have tried to resolve with the DCA and if you tell them you have not contacted the DCA then they will refer you to the DCA to resolve.

PLEASE NOTE: Please take adhere to my prev advisories and this advice.

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE CORRECT PROCESS as this will take longer to remedy.

Shockingly wrong and IMHO this post should be removed.

Case finally Resolved... 

I'd like to thank you all who took the time to respond to this post,much appreciated. 

Loads of of mails/correspondence exchanges leading up to this point, hope to find the time to upload them as PDF soon, hopefully someone might pick a thing or two from this incident.

I wrote to the Executive Office a few days ago as advised by DX and stayed away from the DCA.

Shockingly got a response within 48 hrs via email, and I'm glad I did add my email and not just postal address. 

A few things that went wrong along the line as per the details of the case;

1. My initial letter to the complaint department apparently mentioned a MiFi dongle broadband, instead of a SIM only product.

The dongle device was paid one-off and was never part of the contract so shouldn't have been mentioned in the first place.

Sent department on a wild goose chase for a good while, or so it is claimed. 

2. Accounts recovery/debts department and the complaint department do not seem to seamlessly share information across platforms, for whatever reason known to them, I want to make an excuse for them and blame the COVID-19 period and everything else that came with it. 

3. From same Executive office, I was told yesterday on the phone (I have all recordings), and this apparently from the Ombudsman, that it is better to keep up with the direct debit payments, till issue is resolved, after which both parties can then discuss the issue of costs and or compensation.

A few caggers on the thread mentioned this and I might have come across a reference to this elsewhere online too, even on CAG Facebook page as well.

While that is a fairly good point, I think perpetuating this sort of line tend to subtly absolve service providers (and not just telcos in this case) of any serious liability in cases where terms of contracts and agreements are not usually fulfilled. Providers are in business ultimately to make money (and for shareholders half the time),subscribers should not have to put up and through with such crass service, they can and should be better, but that's my opinion. 

4. My credit report from Clear Score dropped a staggering 86 points over this, found out Monday morning on the app. 

5. Termination fee of 371 GBP (or whatever was remainder of contract) has now been waived as a 'gesture of goodwill', 33 GBP with DCA binned. DCA would be written to and details removed. I have since not received another one of their atrocious spam messages 48-72 hrs unlike before. 

6. Never pushed for any compensation as I honestly think it is not necessary and or even fair on anyone. 

Overall, I'd peg liability on both sides at 35-65 for subscriber and service provider. 

A good exercise all round. 

Cheers. 

Make sure they get your credit files corrected, as if any default remains it will still harm you I will update the thread title accordingly, I'm sure others will make some comments also.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hey thats a good result

i'm glad the the advice that we always state on CAG has resulted in the resolution.

now get that credit file checked and let us know and we'll mark this resolved.

as for the Facebook poster on our site, i suspect you will find it's the same person, just using a differing name here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

A quick one for this thread. Just had an update from Clear Score this morning that 3 has submitted an 'account settled' on my file and would be showing month ending report . Would wait and see how it goes