Hastings Insurance - No Fault Car Accident

surrey_36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 weeks ago a car went into the back of me when i was stationary. 

All OK and despite a massive shunt into the back of us, only one visible neck injury.

I had only had the car for 1 week therefore the policy for 1 week.. 

I called my new insurer Hastings Insurance and asked them what the process was as it was not my fault. 

They said you need to log it online.   

I did that - the only method was by submitting a claim,

Called and ask them if that was correct as I didn't want to make a claim, it was not my fault. 

They said this was the way to go so I logged all the details online as instructed.

At the moment I have a hire car which was delivered the next day via Enterprise. 

Hastings called and advised that CoPart would collect my Micra on Monday (Monday just gone).   

I asked Hastings if at any point i wanted the car back I could do that they said that would be fine. 

(My plan was to have the car assessed and 'buy it back; and get it repaired)  

Received a text from Hastings saying my car was assessed and marked as Grade B, no longer road worthy, and no i cant buy it back.

They have offered £675 for my Nissan Micra.

My Micra was extremely clean, 61K Miles, Full Service history had been in our family for years and taken good care of.

Hastings advised that out of that money unless I have a new car to go onto the policy they will have to deduct the £450 for the rest of the year outstanding on the policy meaning that from this I would end with about £275 and no car.

So to get a new car I will have to ask my parents to borrow some money to buy a new car to get it on to the policy (which Hastings have given me 2 weeks to do!) 

I asked Hastings what was happening as this felt like I was claiming on my own policy but it was not my fault, they explained that the other driver had not admitted liability (although it was certain they would have to) and that until the claim was settled with a final cost they would not be able to claim these costs back from the other drivers insurance company.

Also can anyone recommend a good lawyer to help me with legal costs?

Sorry that this is a long post I just get the feeling that something is out of sorts here.

have you not got legal cover on your motor ins or home ins?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the third party Insurers have not contacted you to say that they would be happy to deal with your claim directly, it might be a sign that they have not accepted their driver was 100% responsible for the accident.  Even when someone hits you in the rear,  there could be an argument that you partly caused the accident.  You say that you were stationary.  They say you were moving and then slammed on the brakes for no reason.  You have not provided full details of the accident, but think about how a third party driver could tell a different story. 

Hastings are correct it appears from what you have said above.  Some Insurers do deduct the remaining premium from any write off settlement, but they may offer to continue the policy on a different car for the rest of the period,, subject to any premium adjustment.

If there is personal injury involved, there are plenty of no win no fee Solicitors around that help with Car Accidents.  They will help with the other aspects as well, such as hire car costs,  other losses you can provide evidence for

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread