Saints & ERC's for Cars - Can we claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

As far as ERC's for Cars are concerned, can we claim those back too? We have changed our car a few times over the years & have paid a 'penalty' when we have purchased a new one (my hubby works for a car firm, so we get discount). The penalty being an amount of money for bringing the 'contract' to an end early...

I am confused with legal terms & what we can do (or can't so we are told!!) & the legal system really confuses me!

Thanks from a very confused & brain dead Saints!!

FIRST DIRECT: £ 1845.11

17/08/2006 - MCOL Acknowleged!

01/09/2006 - Paid in Full - - I WON!!

Intelligent Finance: £ 412.00 (Hubbys Account)

19/06/2006 - DSAR Sent (no reply!)

05/07/2006 - 2nd request DSAR letter

27/07/2006 - Reply 'Your req not covered by Data Protection Act!'

31/07/2006 - Non Compliance letter sent

05/08/2006 - Prelim Sent

09/08/2006 - Reply from bank - 'Our charges are correct blah blah'

03/09/2006 - MCOL Filed

Beneficial Bank Visa £508.82

19/06/2006 - DPAR letter sent

10/08/2006 - Prelim sent

15/08/2006 - Reply from Beneficial, don't agree, matter closed!

17/08/2006 - LBA Sent

02/09/06 - Full Offer Received after partial offer!

It is likely that this erc was calculated under an agreement regulated by the CCA 1974, so unlikely to be able to claim back as long as it was calculated correctly - to check this you can ask trading standards to calculate for you.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi

As far as ERC's for Cars are concerned, can we claim those back too? We have changed our car a few times over the years & have paid a 'penalty' when we have purchased a new one (my hubby works for a car firm, so we get discount). The penalty being an amount of money for bringing the 'contract' to an end early...

I am confused with legal terms & what we can do (or can't so we are told!!) & the legal system really confuses me!

Thanks from a very confused & brain dead Saints!!

I'd hazard a guess that your 'ERCs' have been calculated under the 'Rule of 78s' and that as such, as Gizmo111 says, are perfectly correctly allowed under the CCA.

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!