• Tweets

• OK lets pick out a few words in the ramble   Free energy?  Slavery?  Constructive manslaughter?  Weaponised energy of 5g Biowarfare Only wearing medical masks for criminal intent   Please may I suggest an extra layer of foil on the tin hat?    Oh and FYI there is no class action in the UK... 
    • i thought that was the point of mediation, to show them that you think they havent got a case to go to court with? I realise you know far more about this type of thing than i do though, but i thought that not fulfilling the CCA properly - ie by not supplying t&c - was an automatic fail at court for them.   I dont know what to do now -   @Andyorchcan i have your thoughts too please   the hassle just makes you feel like giving in to them
    • So, not that I am a glutton for punishment, this case is progressing to allocation. Cahoot/Santander have filed their defence. No applications to strike out. Had a letter from the courts today saying it is awaiting allocation.
    • Just an idea, why not have a wind turbine and some solar panels installed and produce your own energy, even get paid to put some back into the national; grid!   I'm happy to pay the water companies for providing clean drinking water direct to my house, otherwise I'd have to go down to the river, collect some water, then cart it back home and then treat it in order for it to be safe to drink.   Same goes for my gas and electric, electrickery is a dark art, I'm not even sure how I'd begin to make that least of all contain it?   And I'm far too lazy to dig into the earths crust to extract my own gas, so I'm happy to fund someone else to have that headache and provide me those resources.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

NHS Prescription mismatch

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 266 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was electronically prescribed a course of steroids (see attached image). 

Calculations showed that over 20 days I should take 136 tablets (prednizolone). 

Chemist apparantly gave me 84 tablets (which I discovered back home). 

I went back to chemist and they said that on prescription it's written 84 tablets and they can't give more than that. 

But, at the same time, on the boxes and prescription it say to take 40mg for 2 weeks, then 30mg for two days, then 20mg for two days, then 10mg for two days and stop. 

Each tablet is 5mg. 

I went to GP and they said 84 tablets are maximum they can prescribe, so for remaining tablets I need a new prescription and to pay another £9 quid.

Is such thing possible, sounds like rip off to me. 

And another question is that nobody told me that I was given not enough medicine for my course (I discovered by accident). 

Now, if I had not checked it, I would run out of medicine half way through my course and wouldn't be able to get new prescription for two days (that's what GP receptionist told me). 

So I wonder who would be responsible for ruining my treatment (GP, Chemist or treating doctor)? 

Would very much appreciate responses.

Thank you.

zzz.jpg

I'm pretty certain that if you had seen my GP (face to face) and been to my pharmacist, then both of them would have advised you that you needed a repeat prescription to complete the prescribed course.  As this is an electronic scrip, did you actually have a physical consultation with the GP (which is when I would have expected them to have told you)?  In any case, I would have expected someone at the pharmacy to warn you when you picked the medication up.  (It's poor behaviour all round really.  I'm better than average at figures and I had to do the calculation to see I wouldn't even be able to complete the first two weeks of the course!).

You could complain to both your GP practice and the pharmacy, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth, unless you want them to treat the next patient in a similar situation better.

Your pharmacist cannot override what’s written on the prescriptions, if it says 84 then it’s 84 regardless of the instructions below. 

Likewise your GP may be constrained by limits on the quantity of medication they can prescribe at the first consultation. It’s not unusual to see medication supply limited to ensure that the patient will return so that the GP can review progress. 

I’d strongly encourage you to make a follow up appointment to ensure that your treatment is not interrupted. 

In terms of ruining treatment or ripping people off, no. Even at £18 a consultation and supply of medication is an absolute steal. Your MP is the person to take issue with in relation to prescription costs, not your GP or Pharmacist. 

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.