VCS ANPR PCN - No ticket - Nicol street car park Kirkcaldy Scotland )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have  received a letter issuing me with a PCN ( PARKING CHARGE NOTICE )  for parking in a private car park in Kirkcaldy, Fife , Scotland .

This car park is private which i was unaware off.

All Council  car parks in Kirkcaldy as far as i am aware  are free of charge during this coronavirus pandemic.

At the time of using this car park i was out shopping for my elderly vulnerable parents where i had to queue to get into the pharmacy for their medications . 

I did not pay at the ticket machine as i thought the parking was free in here ,

i have used this car park possibly three times from the date of the first incident but still not been issued with anymore PCN`s .

My penalty for the first incident was £100 or £60  if i paid by today 3/6/20, I have not paid this as yet , I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation or anyone that has any other advice , many thanks .

who from if its a private parking company??

you are safe to ignore them

there is no such thing as trespass in Scotland.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Provided that you do not identify yourself as the driver, you are safe to ignore and carry on with your life, as the legislation for creating a keeper liability (The Protection of Freedom Act 2012) does not apply in Scotland.

It is important that you do not get tempted to appeal the parking charge notice to avoid unwittingly so identifying the driver.

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

tps at Dunelm car park??

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

it was Nicol street car park opposite Dunelm ,

it was VCS that sent out the ticket ,

no ticket on car ,

just letter to home address,

letter said parked without payment of the parking tariff which was correct as i assumed it was part of the other Nicol street car park further up the road . 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - No ticket - Nicol street car park Kirkcaldy Scotland )

Scotland doesnt have the POFA to allow the parking co's to create keeper liability and they also dont have the laws of trespass so basically you cant owe them anything.

That is the simple version, the parking co is still entitled to offer and create contracts to park and that means they are entitled to chase the driver for payment if that contract is broken

Where that goes wrong for them is they dont know the name and address of the driver at the time so they ask the DVLA.

this is unlawful as it is a fishing expedition, not a reasonable cause and they know it but the DVLA doesnt care and the parking co's are greedy liars so you end up where you are now.

Now despite the fact they have no right to ask for anything from you as the keeper I would still recommend that you follow our normal routine fo getting

pictures of the entrance to the car aprk and any signage there,

any signs inside the car park that are different to the entrance sign and

also a piccie of the blurb on the ticket machine if different to the wording on the signs.

Post up here and we will advise you on whether they can create a contract in the first place,

VCS dont bother trying to get the wording of the NTK right to create a keeper liability,

they just lie on their court forms and other paperwork, aided and abetted by the owners of the IPC

• Like 1

Karenslad, just a point with your posting, you do not need to quote a previous post unless you are commenting on multiple aspects of it i.e. bullet pointing. All it does is unnecessarily lengthen the thread. Just addressing the poster will suffice. 😃

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

and they

and that sign says?

dx

and they

I've put them back as pdf now 

go look 

who name is on the sign......:pound:

and they

sorry pixs are back up.

so

not only are you in scotland

not only do the signs state a different company than the PCN you got...

i'd be telling everyone they are being had blind...:pound:

and they

I still cant see the pixs lol, the pcn doesnt even mention Excel. It has a 

PCN ref no VCS ********

Would you say just totally ignore this then

Also says on paperwork  the creditor is vehicle control services ltd

1 hour ago, Karenslad said:

you ignore them regardless

you are in SCOTLAND..!!

and they

Carefully read upload

• Like 1

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Well here i go again , have received  Final Reminder - Do Not Ignore 

Amount charge of £100

Top paragraph is telling me the driver of the above vehicle is liable for the parking charge which is now overdue, and the  4th paragraph saying as im the registered keeper  im now invited  to either pay the parking charge or notify them with the drivers full name and address , kind of baffling , do i just ignore ?

Edited by Karenslad

Yes, it's just a begging letter.

Come back here through if you receive a Letter Before Action.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Be prepared for a load of threatening letters from their pet Debt Collector (the teaboy sat at the next desk) telling you that your 'debt' will escalate and they've added on all sorts of charges for the Unicorn food etc.

Ignore it all, DCA's are powerless, you only need to respond to a letter before action and you're in Scotland, so no POFA and the signs are not compliant (Excel on the signs, charge issued by VCS) - they'd have to be mental to try this one in court.

• Like 1

I have had a look at the sign, it say Excel parking and later on the site is operated by VCS.

As the 2 companies are not linked according to companies House register then the sign can be siad to be confusing as it isnt clear who is offering what.

It also says you agree to pay a charge if you breach the terms but dont say what that charge is as the terms printed below this part of the notice has no charge.

Much later on down the sign there is a box of various things that are unreadable without an electron microscope and the first 2 of those are unlawful so that scuppers the rest. These are not the parking terms so the threat of charging you for breaching those conditions makes it an unlawful penalty and not a contractual sum.

This is something we tend to forget about whan arguing with these companies because other arguments usually have more clout

The meter ifself offers no terms so that means you must rely on a defective sign to decide whether you pay to park or not and my opinion is that you are not obliged to pay because the tariff is part fo the defective contract and so you cant be forced to accept any of it. This is covered by the Unfair Contracts  regs of the Consumer Rights Act

The bad news is VCS are crooks so expect to hear more from them. Keep us informed and we will continue to help you but in the meanwhile read up on their chicanery so you know what to expect

Edited by ericsbrother
  • Like 1