You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello. So I’ve found this high-end turntable on some Dutch Gumtree equivalent. Seller seemed like a nice guy who's agreed to go through the trouble of posting it to the UK. So I’ve paid with PayPal opting for buyer’s protection. 4 days later I’ve got a phone call that the courier is at the gates to the estate. I've ran to the lift all excited. As I stood waiting for the lift I saw through the window the courier taking out the box and dropping it on its side (it has to be carried horizontally). I hoped it's not my turntable...but it was. When I came down I was upset and asked him why in the world would he drop it on its side when it clearly says ''handle with care'' and there are clear arrows on the box indicating that it has to stay horizontal. All he said was - ''sorry, you can refuse it if you want''. I've told him that I’d like to report this and asked him for a form to do it and asked what the procedure is. Their van was blocking the gate and there were other cars so I’ve asked him to park the van and he just snapped a pic of a parcel on the ground (they don't need a signature because of pandemic), jumped in the van and left... I was just standing there in disbelief. I waited a bit maybe he'll turn around and come back but he didn't, I went onto the app and all I’ve found was that parcel status has changed to 'delivered' and there was a picture of it on the ground uploaded.  Couldn't find any way to report what has happened on their app, apart from leaving a feedback for the driver. Took it home opened the box hoping the damage would be minor. so the acrylic lid (£250) is broken, the tonearm (£1310) has been broken off, the cable (£250) is ripped off, the motor speeds are off, the plinth and the deck have scratches (don't know how to evaluate that).  Phoned dpd- got no reply, went onto their chat system and was told to just send the pictures of the damage to the guy in Netherlands as he has to start the case as he was the one ordering the delivery. The seller has been really cooperative. And after hours on the phone he's got a reply asking him to send photos of the damage and the damage costs which he's done, after two weeks they have send him a form to fill, which he's done and it's been almost 2 weeks since. No reply. It's been really annoying as I’ve spend a lot of money and don't know what the situation is. I have 'PayPal buyer’s protection' but I don't want the guy who's sold it to me to be out of his pocket as it's not his fault that the courier was so incompetent. What are my options? Can I do anything on my part to speed this process up and what would my options be if dpd wouldn't agree to pay the adequate compensation? Thank you
    • What happened BRS, contacted me after the accident and wanted to repair the damage i agreed i told them don't you want to go through the insurance they said no !. I said ok you can repair the damage, they asked me for more details about the damage so they could post the job on mybuilder.com. Anyway i emailed them giving them details of the damage and they never replied and ignored me.   It was only when i done a askmid and got the insurance details of 2 policies running on the vehicle and contacted Allianz the first on the list, BRS contacted me saying sorry for the lack of communication i went on holiday and left it with another staff member who failed to contact you.   BRS offered to say they want to repair the damage i said "NO" you messed me about the first time and now i want the security of going through the insurance.     I did give them one last opportunity under my terms i told them to pay ***** (fair amount)into my account and that would settle the matter and i would sign a agreement that the damages are paid in full. There reply was "that is not how we do things here and to contact their insurance" and conveniently never gave me the insurer responsible.
    • Check this and read about a Notice Of Correction     
    • There can be many reasons for dual insurance, depending on the use of the vehicle, certain hires, contracts etc, - nothing our of the ordinary there, just get the firm to confirm which one, as above don't let them dictate, they are in the wrong.    I would use you own insurers , and always advise this in cases where there is an impact claim for a  wall or similar.    Reason being is the third parties liability is for indemnity only which realistically is to pay for the damaged part of the wall and that only, they don't even have to pay for a builder, just the cost to repair, leaving you to deal and fend for yourself.    Your home  insurance cover will be on a new for old basis, giving further allowance if there any grey areas in regards to block matching, matching items (say for the welding) potential wear and tear contributing etc,    - more chance of getting more of the wall done than just the section that is damaged - plus it gives you a much better right of recourse if anything goes wrong, especially if you get a cash settlement or they use dodgy bob the builder.    Your insurer will want the third party details and will chase the responsible underwriter for their recovery, you may be able to piggy back on that. The reason for their hesitance in confirming about claiming back the XS will be due to the fact they are a home claims team and don't do an awful lot of recovery of losses compared to a motor claims department, and generally don't have as much experience on a day to day basis (or certainly not the front line staff). 
    • Give them time-amoebas are a little short on brain power to work sarcasm out. I wrote a letter similar to yours to Parking Eye and they wrote back to confirm they had received my appeal! 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Buddyboo

OPS CCTV PCN - Fabrick Apartments, Cheadle Hulme, Stockport - already refused Appeal - parked in visitor bay whilst viewing an Apartment. **CANC'd by :Landowner**

Just had a fine from OPS for parking on a visitors bay at some apartments we were viewing with my daughter.

The estate agent nor the man on desk asked for my reg or said anything about where I was parked - I feel totally conned!

Sent an appeal with the confirmation of viewing with estate agent and was deemed unacceptable

- although first letter was a fine for £100 which is now £60 if I pay within 2 weeks 🤦‍♀️

Its not a fine, tell the Estate Agent and the managing Agents that you don't expect to be invoiced for viewing an apartment, and should have issued a permit or contacted OPS that you were on legitimate business.  I would be telling them to get it cancelled or else .  You should not have appealed.  However if they did try court they  would likely lose a defended Have moved this to your own thread so specific advice can be given for your case.

If you could answer the questions on this sticky it will allow the Team to see what is being dealt with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

OPS reject most appeals.

There should be a POPLA code in your rejection letter.

There is advice about appealing to POPLA :

You could also find out from the Estate Agent who the landowner is.

You can then contact the landowner and ask them to get the PCN cancelled. 

• Like 1

1 Date of the infringement

19/05/20

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]
22/05/20

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

3 Date received

26/05/20

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

Yes - it was done online no copies but provided evidence of viewing appointment time.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Yes

7 Who is the parking company?

One Parking Solutions

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Fabrick Apartments, Cheadle Hulme, Stockport

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

POPLA

I have pictures of the notice and appeals but it won’t let me upload 🤔

You will always lose an appeal, the team will be along soon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Estate Agent is worthy of an earful, get them to also contact whoever runs the building, as its not good for their business to have property viewers  being invoiced by whatever parking Cowboy they have retained.

• Like 1

Guest Coupon-mad

You will likely lose at POPLA but win at your local court - that's what happens with OPS cases.

No-one pays £60 so no looking at that as if it's a discount.

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

You should not have appealed. 

Hi brassnecked, the OP has to appeal if they want to get a POPLA code.

Appealing does give access to a POPLA Code, but destroys any keeper protection under POFA, as invariably the Driver identifies themselves. As Coupon-mad rightly indicates OPS usually get a POPLA decision in their favour, but fall over later on if they do try court.

Guest Coupon-mad

I am not posting on CAG again but best of luck all.

I bet there’s loads like me that think I may as well just pay it so it’s done with.

But I’m more furious that I was actually visiting the place

- I hadn’t parked there and gone somewhere else

- there’s a free car park round the corner so I’d of used that if I was visiting else where!!

Like how many people are they actually ripping off Day in day out / if I had done wrong on purpose then I’d just hold my hands up and admit it! 

You are quite rightly furious because you are a victim of the PPC's scam.

The only people who can cancel your PCN are the landowner (not the managing agent or the estate agent), OPS or a district judge.

In my opinion it is worth appealing to POPLA because if it eventually goes to court, this demonstrates to the judge that you have been reasonable, and the parking company have been unreasonable. 

In 2019 private parking companies issued 6.4 million PCNs and there were 11000 court hearings about private parking tickets. 

The people involved as in Estate Agent and management Agent for Apartment block should tell the PPC to wind their neck in and cancel the ticket, If not and court beckons the PPC contract with the Landowner, will be called into question, as Managing Agent might have no authority to engage a fleecer at all.

• Like 1

All the OPS landowner contracts I have seen have a clause where the landowner has to pay OPS if they request cancellation of the PCN.

This cost increases each week. 

So the sooner you ask the landowner to cancel, the cheaper it will be for them.

After 4 weeks, the landowner usually has to pay the full cost of the PCN to OPS if it is cancelled. 

• Like 1

When you logged in to their website to appeal, did you see the evidence photos?

Did any of the photos show who was driving, or were there only photos of the car?

14 minutes ago, Peter Parker 2 said:

When you logged in to their website to appeal, did you see the evidence photos? Did any of the photos show who was driving, or were there only photos of the car?

yes they had a few of it parked and me driving away - they’ve done exactly the same to my daughters boyfriend who also parked in the visitor bay 😡

I would advise appealing to POPLA.

Have a look at the British Parking Association Code of Practice and use all of the points where OPS have not complied with this in your appeal.

I did post a link to a guide which helps you with a POPLA appeal but it was removed. 

It would be helpful if you would post the guide itself here to bring it to the attention of a wider audience

You had legitimate business there, and nothing to indicate any T & C's as in what signage was there, and as FTMDave says tell him not to pay.  If it was a Residents Visitor's Only, and needs display of Permit, and there was a concierge, they are remiss for not informing of that. 

I do need to go and check the signage- but just presumed it was saying only for use of fabrick block

- the residents actually have barrier  parking round back and side of apartments

- which is one of the reasons they didn’t take the apartment as residents parking is £50 per month per car and they both have cars!

We would be on the inside camera footage and the guy on reception gave the letting agent the keys

- nothing mentioned about parking on the front

- I did notice thought that the letting agent had a pass for the barrier Resident parking.

5 hours ago, Coupon-mad said:

I am not posting on CAG again but best of luck all.

I for one am sorry to read this as you have a great deal to offer the group. Are you happy to tell us the reason?

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

If you can get pictures  that clearly show the small print,  and the location.  A sketch of where exactly you parked would be good, there are numerous ways to kill their pig for them.  They rely on you making a Contract with them then they invoice you for some breach of a term of that Contract.  However there are many ways they fail to create any contract in the first place.

51 minutes ago, Gick said:

I for one am sorry to read this as you have a great deal to offer the group. Are you happy to tell us the reason?

The reason is that the poster was attempting to encourage people to leave this forum and go elsewhere for advice. Our position is always been that we are very pleased when people come here and give advice and they can help to build up the knowledge base here – even if they are doing the same thing elsewhere because it grants the issue a much wider audience.

However, the poster felt that they were being corralled and preferred not to give any advice on this forum any further.

It's great shame because the poster was quite powerful in this area.

• Like 1

the only trouble with encouraging posters to goto othersites is they get inundated by offers costing them money to 'represent' them in court.

we offer advice for free and will never allow users to be charged by anyone.

if a landowner has been stupid enough to sign a contract which they agreed to allow the PPC to charge them for any cancelled speculative invoice, that's their stupidity not ours nor our users.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.