N1 form - Brief details of claim - what do I put?

Aitchj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Aitchj

Under the 'brief details' put this:

Repayment of amounts charged by the defendant to the claimant for purported breaches of a contract to supply current account banking services in contravention of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

And under 'value', put this:

The Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £XXXX and the interest charged thereon of £XXXX

b) Court costs

c) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges from January 2001 to November 27 2006 of £XXXX and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

You should put in the bit in red if your account has been in overdraft for all or most of the period, because interest you've had to pay is a demonstrable loss. If your claim is for over £5000 and you're likely to go fast track, add administrative, research and stationery expenses to the full particulars.

Good luck!

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

You're a superstar - thank you. just for info, just spoken to Cambridge County Court who inform me they have had loads of bank charge cases through, no hearings yet but a big batch to work on - wonder what that has in store for the cank charges survey?

You're welcome. And Aitchj - don't use the dates I put in the claim!!! They're for my claim, not yours - unless there's been a truly spectacular coincidence and we've been banking with NW for the same time!

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!