Help needed for Parachute Account

Delboy01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I applied for a new current account over the phone yesterday with the nationwide and got refused, presumably on the credit scoring, they said they will send out the usual refusal stuff.

My problem is , do I choose another bank, apply get turned down etc and have another search registered on my credit record. or do I have a blitz on a few banks in one go, and hope one of them accepts me.

Are there any "understanding" banks that will let me have a basic account for DDs etc?

Your comments would be appreciated, thanks

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

I'd go for a bvank that doesn;t allow DD's and lets you pay and administer your account online, leaving you - ratrher than your bank, in control. What you outline is the unfairmess of the system - if they refuse you, they should at least remove their footprint that you applied to them, as this info will be used by others who will know of the refusal.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I'd go for a bvank that doesn;t allow DD's and lets you pay and administer your account online, leaving you - ratrher than your bank, in control.

Buzby, thnx can you elaborate more, I need a bank that does DDs dont I?

LBA sent 31.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Guest Battleaxe

DellBoy,

I don't know which bank you are with now, but I opened a STEP account with NatWest on line. no problems and I have been able to set up the car insurances by DD on it. Oh a side benefit, I moved my insurance last month and because I have the two cars with the same company, we did before but no discount, so I got 10% on the second car, whicch is the more expensive car and then decided to be cheeky about the house insurance. Got a massive 30% discount on it, so paid for it in one hit. We are still covered for what he had before with a lower excess also. So another bill I don't have to worry about Norwich Union could not match our new insurers.

Everything else after a few 'discussions' with the creditors concerned I am now paying manually. it took me three hours this morning, to pay my mortgage, lease, council tax, credit cards and car payment over the phone, but the staisfaction of knowing I actually have £740.00 spare to spend as I want this month.

I don't know if this helps you. I hope it does.

I have a Step account with Natwest and a cashcard account with Bank of Scotland. The online BOS is very good and both accounts offer DD's, S/O etc Both are "basic" accounts and seem to be open to just about anybody. One has a Visa electron card and the other a Solo card.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

DellBoy,

I don't know which bank you are with now, but I opened a STEP account with NatWest on line. no problems and I have been able to set up the car insurances by DD on it. Oh a side benefit, I moved my insurance last month and because I have the two cars with the same company, we did before but no discount, so I got 10% on the second car, whicch is the more expensive car and then decided to be cheeky about the house insurance. Got a massive 30% discount on it, so paid for it in one hit. We are still covered for what he had before with a lower excess also. So another bill I don't have to worry about Norwich Union could not match our new insurers.

Everything else after a few 'discussions' with the creditors concerned I am now paying manually. it took me three hours this morning, to pay my mortgage, lease, council tax, credit cards and car payment over the phone, but the staisfaction of knowing I actually have £740.00 spare to spend as I want this month.

I don't know if this helps you. I hope it does.

This has helped a great deal Battleaxe, I have just applied over the phone and been accepted, ( I asked whether it had passed the credit check and she said yes) Is that not a little quick?????

Just have to sign documents and provide id to local branch;)

did they do the same to you?

LBA sent 31.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

I have a Step account with NatWest and a cashcard account with Bank of Scotland. The online BOS is very good and both accounts offer DD's, S/O etc Both are "basic" accounts and seem to be open to just about anybody. One has a Visa electron card and the other a Solo card.

Did you open both at the same time Pam?

LBA sent 31.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007