• Tweets

• Also, I understood somewhere that you had the name and address of the van driver. Is this not correct?   Also, at the time of the accident, would you say that there was ice and slush and the middle-of-the-road? Or is it simply in the side of the road between the parked cars? It was late in the day and we can imagine that the passage of traffic would have cleared any ice and snow. I notice one or two of your images seem to show tarmac with no ice or snow
    • Okay there's a number of things. First of all you say that there are apparently witnesses which the van driver is claiming – this is the first that we've heard of this. Are there any other details that you know of which you haven't disclosed to us yet? Secondly, you've apparently received instructions from AX not to contact the insurer. AX are not your friend. Thirdly, you are asking whether you should write to AX and give them information? – AX are not your friend. You ask how you can put these points forward – we will help you. However don't expect it to be easy or quick. I'm afraid that things are rather slipped out of your control and you will have to take back control without help. Also, let me point out that not all of my site team colleague is necessarily agree with my assessment above – I expect that there will be some contributions and it will be helpful to see what comments and criticisms are made of my assessment above. I understood that the van was stopped but you are now saying that he failed to give way which now suggests that he was moving and continued moving even though he came within his sight. I understand that you've been given documents by your own insurer which apparently you've ignored. You say that AX told you not to respond – I don't really know why you are taking advice from AX. They are not your friend – and I can tell you also that your insurer is not particularly your friend either. You haven't commented on the bullet points that I've made. Do you agree that this is what happened? It's essential that you give us some feedback. Also, if you want to use stand any chance taking this forward, then you are going to have to engage in a bit more closely and respond to questions more quickly please.
    • Also i have just pulled out some paperwork that admirel had sent me 25th january . AX told me not respond to them so i never really read it through.   I have just seen in section 1 ' a witness' and states a man's name but no address.   There wasn't any witnesses as no one was around. How can i investigate this? Also AX has never informed me of any witnesses that the van driver is claiming ?    Thank you for the bullet pointed information, i think these will be useful in my case, however how could i put these farward?    Should i write out an email to AX stating these points ? 
    • Some tyres have what is called rim protectors. It’s an extra part in the side wall that give some protection against kerb marks, but it’s only a piece of rubber and it is absolutely  possibly to deform it and damage the wheel, so if the op was prone to marking them it would be of benefit. Also if you change the tyres the next set might not have the feature. 
    • Thanks , i will request the SAR from AX, goskippy and admirel.    This is the statement i sent them. It is not fully detailed as i had already explained, in detail, the accident to them around 50 times via the telephone before hand. 
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 25 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 265 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

this is new to me,

going through my local toll you can collect an invoice/ticket and pay within 48 hrs,

so back and forth x5 paid x 4 @£1.80 each way, then forgot about two, tried to pay and it said no, notification in post.

I now have two ,fines, for £60.00 each.

Non payment will result in the debt, being passed to a 3rd party blah blah.

Do I simply contest these re forgetting to pay, or tell them to?

Thank you

wel I wouldn't do that as it will escalate to bailiffs.

who's toll and where?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to River Tyne Tunnels Toll Charge Notice

not much you can do really

might be better to gain the discount and argue later,

before you know it this could be £100's if bailiffs get involved.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Check the paperwork carefully. By appealing, you may lose the right to pay the reduced amount for each of the 2 fines.

I would pay the reduced fines before the 14 days is up.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

pers i'd ring.

dx

and they

then you should write

never use email.

dx

and they

ok good.

dx

and they

Update

Well I had high hopes for my appeal of (Forgetting to pay) to which they have,after consideration, denied both appeals. 

Money making scam imo.    

I must pay £31.80. within the stipulated terms of 14 days from the 10th May which is obviously overdue, so now it is £61.80 X 2.     What an absolute Scam.

Gutted is an understatement.

I think this has run it's course now.

Thread closed.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 265 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you