VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC - now claimform - no stopping - East Midlands Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Thanks @honeybee13.

So today after 06 Months of my previous response to VCS, I have received a Letter Before Claim (attached) from ELMS Legal demanding £160 which the believe to be the debt I owe VCS. Sounds like it's a debt collection agency. They would like me to settle the balance by 25-Feb-21 else they would be going to the court.

Can someone please advise what should be the next step for me?

Letter before Claim ELMS Legal 29-Jan-21_Redacted.pdf

Edited by Alaska101

snotty letter time.

dont use their pack at all.

use our search top right.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey guys,

after doing some search here. i have copied a letter from you guys which i'm looking to send to Elms Legal, please check and let me know if any thing needs changing. Would appreciate it. Thanks

To,

Elms Legal Limited,

Copy: Vehicle Control Services Limited, Sheffield

I write in response to your so-called “Letter Before Claim” received in relation to PCN Numbers VCSXXX for alleged terms and condition breaches.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying this ridiculous made-up sum of money for allegedly breaking some imaginary contract/T&Cs with your client.

You know and I know and now you know that I know all the stuff about bye-laws, prohibition, etc.  This whole claim is a nonsense and I’m sure any judge would agree.  It was a big own goal by your client Simple Simon to include £120 Unicorn Food Tax.  You should look up DDJ Harvey's judgement at Lewes on 5 February 2020 (claim number F0HM9E9Z).  He wasn't very happy with these invented amounts, was he?

Should your client wish to proceed with this farcical claim, I’ll be seeking recovery of costs on the basis of unreasonable behaviour, as well as damages for breach of GDPR.

Well done - you obviously know what you're doing in the snotty letter stakes!

Three tweaks.

"Copy: Simple Simon, Vehicle Control Services Limited, Sheffield" (as well as it being fun to insult the owner of VCS, the name we unaffectionately know him as here may well suggest where you're getting advice from, and Caggers beat Simon twice in court last week, he would do well to leave you alone).

Write "PCN Number" in the first proper line (as in singular, the person whose thread you looked at had had two PCNs).

Change the amount of the Unicorn Food Tax to £60 (again, you got one ticket, the other Cagger got two).

Apart from that - great.  Invest in two 2nd class stamps tomorrow and get free Certificates of Posting from the post office for both.

Edited by FTMDave
Usual typo!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's a standard letter, another Cagger got one yesterday.

The LBC said you had to pay or VCS would take you to court.  You refused to pay.  Therefore VCS should now be taking you to court.  Instead they're still faffing around with these silly letters.

Ignore it.  Yours is not the next move. 

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

"If the outstanding balance of £160.00 where to be paid"  🤣

• Haha 1

If driver unidentified and threatening Keeper, the £60 Unicorn Feed tax is an abuse of process as per DDJ Harvey in Lwes County Court 5th February 2020 so that will be to their detriment if they did issue a claim

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I see that you do go round looking at other threads [well done] so I suspect you are probably aware of the Airports Act 1986-an Act that covers most airports in the UK. 

Under section 63 [2] which relates to Byelaws it states

"(d)for regulating vehicular traffic anywhere within the airport, except on roads within the airport to which the road traffic enactments apply, and in particular (with that exception) for imposing speed limits on vehicles within the airport and for restricting or regulating the parking of vehicles or their use for any purpose or in any manner specified in the byelaws;"

In other words Byelaws are  used on roads other than those covered by the Road Traffic Act. It will become useful for you when you do your Witness Statement.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot @lookinforinfo for the post.

I'm sure it will be helpful when the time comes.

On a different note, could VCS just go to the court and somehow get a ruling against me (in my absence) citing I did not respond to their comms?

To address your curiosity, I was hovering around to pick some of the common sense, mostly from the site/admin teams, as I have always been such a PCN magnet.

I have several PCNs plastered over my wall as a reminder that I have to be careful NEXT time so I didnt end up losing $$$$. But clearly its not working.

I will be honest I find these traffic signs quite overwhelming (I know it sounds stupid).

few days ago I went to a local shop to pick up some coffee and due to ongoing construction, the road i was hoping to take was closed and ended up going through the town centre which, at the time, i thought was good for a change.

and surprise surpise i got PCN today for going through a Bus Lane in the town center.

Being a numbskull, at the time I thought the sign (attached) meant only Cars and Bikes

I drove through without a second though.

Now that I have googled  it, it actually means quite the opposite 🙈.

Can not believe the sheer stupidity. Dont know if its a disease or somekind of traffic syndrome. 😖

you need to start a new thread for the council PCN.

1 hour ago, Alaska101 said:

On a different note, could VCS just go to the court and somehow get a ruling against me (in my absence) citing I did not respond to their comms?

as for simple simon

as long as they have your correct and current address they can't can they..think about it..

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 hours ago, Alaska101 said:

Anyone can sue anyone for anything.  If I had your address, I could go on the MCOL site now, pay £25, and sue you for £100 because I don't like the style of pullover you're wearing today.

Similarly, Simple Simon could start a court claim against you for his fictitious debt.

Where both absurd claims would go wrong is that you would get claimforms from the court, stating the particulars of claim, which you would defend.

So the answer is no, there is ample opportunity to defend any rubbish court claim.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Finally county court claim form has landed. I was wondering if I should file the defence and counterclaim online or send a physical copy? also not sure what exactly to enter as a defence. I have attached a redacted copy of the claim form. Any advice or guidance will be very much appreciated. 

4. County Court Claim Form_Redacted.pdf

nowhere do we say ever counterclaim on here.

do things properly please and follow our advice in 100's of VCS claimform threads here already else you'll lose this.

he's a sneaky customer. do not do anything at each stage until we say so important!!

get this sticky done and well move you forward

Received a Court Claim From A Private parking Speculative invoice?? - How To Deal With It HERE***Updated Aug 2016*** - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

• Like 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC - now claimform - no stopping - East Midlands Airport

Name of the Claimant : VCS

Claimants Solicitors:  ELMS

Date of issue – 12-Mar-2021

Date for AOS - filled the AOS form today18-Mar-2021

Date to submit Defence - 13-Apr-2021

What is the claim for 

1.The Claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 

2.The Defendant's vehicle, XXXXXXXwas identified in the East Midlands Airport on the XX/XX/20XX in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited.

3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 

4.the terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations. 

5.The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 

6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The Claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.

you mean you did AOS on MCOL website today?

please note your corrected defence filing date

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count].....

…………..

there are numerous VCS no stopping claimform threads here

get reading up.

VCS no stopping claimform

you'll soon get the idea.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Thank you @dx100uk for your support. i do greatly appreciate.

Thanks for correcting the defence filing date. I was a little bit confused about this one yesterday. 

Have already registered and completed AOS on MCOL website as per the above advised criteria.

I have now also created a CPR 31.14 request and sending it to Elms later this afternoon.

Will start working on the Defence now.

Thanks again

one last question before I send off CPR 31 request. Claim form does not say Solicistors (it only says Address for Sending Documents etc) in the Box below the Claimant Box and mentions Elms details. Does it mean I should consider ELMS a solicitor for VCS? or should I post a copy to VCS as well just in case?

Also does it have to be 2nd calss recorded or just a 2nd/1st class stamp would suffice with a proof of posting from Post Office?

Thank You