• Tweets

• Just to be clear you say your last payment to Mint was 3rd October 2014.   if that is the case there are possibilities:   a). Your last payment was a normal payment as a result of receiving the normal monthly bill and paying some part of it.   If you did not then pay anything else then you would have received some debt collection letters from mint over a period of some months presumably culminating in a Default Notice probably somewhere between month three and month six.   If, following receipt of that notice you did nothing then fourteen days after the date of that notice the statutory bar clock started which means that it probably started somewhere around January to April (but check this by getting SAR sent to Mint).  In this scenario you could have perhaps eight months to go before the stat bar kicks in.   b).  You had not paid the account properly prior to 3rd October 2014 and a DN was issued.  You responded by paying and the DN became voided as you corrected the issue by paying the arrears in which case we are back to a)   c).  You had not paid the account properly prior to 3rd October 2014 and a DN was issued.  You did not correct the situation within 14 days of the DN being issued and as such it came into being.  However, you continued to make some payments but if you did not fully pay the arrears the DN stays in place in which case your Stat Bar clock starts the last time you made a payment and this account will therefore become SBed 3rd October 2020.   Hope my logic is sound but I welcome any other CAGers chipping in here.   To be clear, did you pay Mint until you stopped paying or did you start to pay a debt collector after the account was passed to them?
    • Can you not hand deliver the letter of rejection to Canalside Motors quoting the the bank transfer reference number ?
    • Thanks - I posted the letter this morning. I'll spend the next few days getting familiar with the consumer rights act and the MCOL service. 
    • Hi there, Just a query regarding Savvy. I took out a loan with them in October 2019 for £750. This would be repaid over 52 weeks at £28.27 per week. I maintained payments on a regular basis until 20th March 2020 by which time I had paid a total of £565.40 (20 repayments of £28.27. I notified Savvy by live chat that I had been furloughed on 23rd March and would struggle too make repayments. i also emailed them on 27th March with confirmation of my furlough. They asked for Income/expenditure - not unreasonable but the template they asked me to use was shocking to say the least. I then sent them my own version drafted with help from National Debtline. This is a self service budget that I can amend and save as necessary.   Long story short and I am now back in work and my wages are back to normal. However, i am required to move house for personal reasons and the current landlord wanting the house back - well notified so there is no issue there. I have also kept Savvy up to date, especially as my family have suffered mental health issues in the early part of this year. Again i have notified Savvy, filled in a new IE form. This is the response I received.   Thank you for your email.   I have updated the income and expenditure form based on the information you have provided which shows you have a minus disposable income of £66.86, we allow £50.00 emergency cash which leaves a minus disposable income of minus £116.86.   Can you please confirm how you make up the deficit each month?   When the loan was issued in October 2019 an income and expenditure form was completed with you, can you please confirm the reason the following has increased.   Rent/ Mortgage has increased by £1,162.00   Housekeeping has increased by £580.00   Household Bills has increased by £507.40   Car/ Travel has increased by £123.80   Social has increased by £150.00.   Due to the changes to your financial circumstances we would need to see a 90 day copy of your bank statement.   Please find below a link to a system we use calls open banking, please click on the link and log in your online banking details this will automatically generate a 90 day bank statement.   LINK REMOVED.   I have placed your account on hold until the 12th August to allow time for the bank statement to be sent in.   They have now issued a default notice.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I initiate a complaint against Savvy. I have maintained reduced monthly payments in line with what I can afford. Is it reasonable for Savvy to ask for access to my bank statements. They did not ask for them when I took out their loan.  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Dizzy blonde

OBS PCN CCJ/Judgement - St Johns Retail Park Wolverhampton. - wasn't at home due to lockdown - Can i set aside?

17 hours ago, dx100uk said:

i do not believe the claimant had a valid and paid for contract covering the year of the offence with the land owner or their agents.

i do not believe the Claimant ANPR System had the relevant council planning permission to be used or erected on poles at the site.

i do not believe the Claimant signs at the site neither had the required council planning permission nor suitably conveyed the legal terms of any contract the driver at the time of parking could ever be able to agree to by reading them.

i claim the cost of my set aside fee from the claimant should i be successful.

Above the excellent paragraphs that dx has posted up, add

"I did not receive court papers and was therefore unable to defend the claim because from xxxxx to xxxxx I was away from my address due to the recent lockdown.  I was staying with my elderly mother at xxxxx".

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes that covers the non receipt of Claimform adequately.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi everyone. 

My N244 was transferred and the court have now replied, I have a telephone hearing in 12 days time.

I now have to liase with the other party (? DCB legal) to agree the key documents required by the judge and send them to the court 3 days before the hearing. I assume this will be all the demands OBS sent to me and the claim etc.

Has anyone been through this before and if so have you any idea how to proceed.

1. I assume I have the opportunity to make a statement, in which I have to ask the Judge for a SetAside in order to be able to defend the Claim and then state the reasons why I think a SetASide should be granted.

Is there anything else  in particular I need to say? 

2. Should I also mention that DCB Legal have actioned DCBL who have already increased the charge by £90.

Was this action illegal? 

An email from DCB Legal, states that the extra £90 was accrued when the debt was passed to DCBL. 

3. Can this now only go in two ways, either the judge allows the Set Aside or does not?

Or can he dismiss the whole thing? 

4. If the judge grants a SetAside, what happens?

5. If the judge rules in their favour what will happen to the CCJ, is it removed?

I will be in dire straits unless the CCJ is removed.

I've been issued a new section 21 notice to vacate but cannot move house or get a bank account because of the CCJ.

Having it satisfied will not help at all.

Is there anything I can say to the judge to ensure the set aside is granted,

or the case is dismissed,

or that I be allowed to settle it in a way that removes the CCJ from my credit record?

Appreciate any assistance you can give me.

DCBL added the £90 after Judgment, and it was passed to them, they can't they could not have been acting as Bailiff or HCEO, so can add diddly squat to the judgment amount.  Wait for the others opinion, but I would mention the £90 addition at some point, just see what the other team members say.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

can we see the order by the judge please 

particularly where it says ( or doesn't) you have to liaise with the other party?

have you both got to pit in bundles or is the judge asking for a joint bundle?

if the set aside is successful then the CCJ is gone .. it's one way or the another.

until/unless the claimant requests a subsequent hearing (if they choose too) it remain gone should your set aside be successful.

then if so the case is reheard as if you'd just received the Claimform.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi. DX, I'm not at home and relying on a photo of the document which states:

Prior to the hearing the parties are expected to liase to agree the key documets required by the judge essential for that hearing. In default of agreement the parties may identify their own key documents but will need to justify the absence of agreement to the judge, who may make costs orders consqeuent upon the failure to agree.

On 07/07/2020 at 01:23, dx100uk said:

n244

1."I did not receive court papers and was therefore unable to defend the claim because from xxxxx to xxxxx I was away from my address due to the recent lockdown.  I was staying with my elderly mother at xxxxx".

On 07/07/2020 at 01:23, dx100uk said:

2 i do not believe the Claimant ANPR System had the relevant council planning permission to be used or erected on poles at the site.

3. i do not believe the Claimant signs at the site neither had the required council planning permission nor suitably conveyed the legal terms of any contract the driver at the time of parking could ever be able to agree to by reading them.

4.i claim the cost of my set aside fee from the claimant should i be successful.

can i confirm the above 4 points were included in your N244

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi DX

I'm almost certain I did, as I copied and pasted all of comments from this thread and was up until 3am trying to fit them all into the box on the online claim form. I do not have a copy of what I put as it was done online. 

Ten days ago I also received an email from OBS with the photo evidence, although obviously it does not show the other times the vehicle was in the carpark in between.

I have recent photos of the carpark, showing very poor signage in one half of the carpark and a bush in front of one entrance sign. I am also trying to locate the original pictures I took of the carpark shortly after receiving the pcn.

Standard directions as per usual Notice of Allocations...but 3 days instead of 14 days......just interpreted differently by the OP :wink:

File and serve statements and disclosures 3 days before the telephone hearing.

Did you not attach draft order to the N244 ? You really shouldn't be listing reasons for a set a side within the N244......its not court protocol.

Andy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service