• Tweets

• Latest letter attached, I take it that is not a formal letter before claim and should be ignored? eps-25-11-20.pdf
    • In terms of your letter of claim, you've asked us to remove some information – but you have put it up and it's not that critical it's simply bad practice and so we will be leaving in place. It's highly unlikely that the company will stumble across this thread – and anyway no great harm done – but there is no point in spelling out in a letter of claim every detail of the evidence you are going to be relying on if it goes to court. In terms of referring to mediation, it's not up to you. It's up to them. Once again you want to play your hand before it is necessary. Do not do it. Let them make the decisions. They probably will opt for mediation as part of the court process – and then you can simply accede to that. A letter of claim is not the time to start stating this kind of stuff. You come here for advice and I suggest that by and large you follow our advice. In terms of just keeping part of the contract – the frames – as long as you are sure that another supplier would be prepared to supply the glass which is absolutely appropriate for those frames. However, I should warn you that mixing your suppliers like this can eventually lead to problems because you are giving both parties a means by which they can pass the buck onto the other party. This really can get complicated – if the frames fail and the company with which you've already fallen out, then decides to get their own back and they say it is the glass supplier. The glass supplier may well turn round and say no it's the frame supplier – and you are left in the middle and you will have a difficult problem including maybe having to pay for an independent assessment to ascertain whether liability lies. In my view its most ill-advised. You have an opportunity here to predicate your rejection on the fact that you had a single contract and the glass and the frames are supplied as a job lot and the defective glass means that the entire contract is subject to rejection. However, it's up to you. Furthermore, if the frames fail within a particular time, apart from the problem of passing the buck to the glass suppliers, you may find that the frame suppliers are quite reluctant to do any further business with you because they will have long memories. If you really think that after this litigation the frame suppliers will be prepared to continue with you and to supply the glass that you need, then you need to be very certain. Of course they may be very pragmatic and business minded and mature about their dealings and be prepared to supply you with the glass you need with perfectly goodwill and professionalism. However, you shouldn't bank on it. All it needs is one individual within the organisation start feeling that the whole thing is some kind of personal rebuke against them are you are you are you are you you are a you are you you are you are you are a you you are a you.   Anyway, that's my two pennies worth. I think you should follow our advice in terms of legal process and the letter of claim. The rest of it is to how you deal with your windows is simply a bonus for you.
    • Perfect thanks for the reply and apologies for the marker Pen, I thought I had covered it off.    So to clarify, I just ignore this letter and no response is necessary?   
    • First of all, we please deal urgently with the identity of this company. In the title to this thread they are identified as being in Letchworth. This is not correct? We do not want to start firing off accusations against some company elsewhere may be is doing its job perfectly well. Please can you respond to this urgently Post up a link to their website
    • If you scan up letters here by the way, please make sure that they are included in a single file multipage PDF. Please make sure they are all in the correct order, the right way round, and not simply minuscule photographs. You can't imagine the kind of stuff that people put up here when they realise that they're not paying for the advice!
  • Our picks

CEL PCN Claimform - White Cross Business Park***Claim Discontinued*** now going for GDPR Breach claim

That's more thangood enough for GDPR breach  later which you can do irrespective of any other action.  Ericsbrother would be able to indicate a direction for GDPR.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly, what you've achieved so far deserves a standing ovation!  Not only have they wet themselves re their own case they actually want to pay your counterclaim costs.  I've read loads of cases of P

oops was thinking of something else thanks Andy.

Dear All,   BN, BF, HB, - Thank you for your comments.    Yes sorry, i wanted to save some time by doing that as I wanted to carry out the posting ASAP OK, I have redacted the

Dear All,

BN - Thank you for your comments. 

My wife had prepared the relevant notice to the court and rather than spending time redacting I am sending it as PM to the contributors to this thread. It covers everything we have been discussing and is in line with 

your comments and our discussions.

For the benefit of readers oif CAG I will redact and post it later as we have pressing family medical matters to attend to. 

Warm regards

BF

Hi Burma.

You've been here for a while and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that you're PMing this to various people off the main thread.

Advice by PM isn't what we advise here and I hope that you can post up your anonymised documents very soon.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Dear All,

BN, BF, HB, - Thank you for your comments. 

Yes sorry, i wanted to save some time by doing that as I wanted to carry out the posting ASAP

OK, I have redacted the statement and it is attached here in the PDF doc.

Its our 2nd draft and I will fine tune it tonight / tomorow.

Thank you for putting me right. 

Warm regards

BF

Counterclaim-1.pdf

Edited by burmafriday
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL PCN Claimform - White Cross Business Park***Claim Discontinued*** now going for GDPR Breach claim