Ghost_monkey Verus Barclays

ghost_monkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Every one

Sorry should have been posting earlier

have gone through all the data protection request and following letters and have used the money claim online site

claim number

6QZ76763

claiming £2566.75 in unfair charges and interest.

Barclays have entering a defence so had a bit of panic as sort of expected them to not enter one and win that way. However looking at other threads on this site seems Barclays do this a lot and drag out to as long as possiable.

Shame as i am a self employed carpenter and have no work till after Chirstma , was rather hoping for this money so cover Xmas. Show you should not count for eggs beofer they hatch!!.

Will post everthing in this thread fron now on.

Welcome to the CAG site and well done for getting as far as you have without seeking our assistance. as long as you've been adhereing to the procedure as laid down here, you'll be fine.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

hi me again

cant stop me now

does any one know if I can claim for charges that have happened since i filed the court claim, unfortuntly I cheque I put in bounced causing me to get 3 charges of £30. if these cant be included is it ok to claim these back after the first claim is settled orcan this cause problems.

You can apply for these extra charges to be included with your current claim but it will cost you an un-recoverable £35 and will delay your case. There's no guarantee, however that such an application will be allowed.

You are better off asking the Bank, once the case is settled, to add those charges on to your settlement figure - they will very probably refuse that so then you just start this process all over again.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 weeks later...

AQ filled in today and sent to court

asked for standard disclosure in part G used text below. Respect to Michael Browne who I have copy and pasted it from

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Good luck, keep up the pressure!

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

• 1 month later...

hi every one

HAPPY DAYS WON!!!!!

had to take bundle to court and local barclays the otherday. local branch didinot not what to do with it had to wait around while they called legel department etc.

Then very next day got letter offering to settle in full, but they had figure wrong by £200.00 in their favour. Called the person dealing with and he has upped the figure to correct amount .

Checked bank account today and money has been put in.

They did put confidentuality clause in but crossed in out on signed returned form.

I am going to arrange donation to this site for all its help, good luck every one else.