paul wins against barclays

paulclawson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to let people know, i won £900 from barclays, it took two months and three letters. i found demanding deadlines for them to comply with and then when they did not, sending a Letter Before Action helped speed things up.

Altho i did not recieve all of my money, i was offered half and accepted, this is because i knew i was going overdrawn at the time and what the charges were, i just believe the charge amount was excessive and i am happy to pay £12 for all my previous charges rarther than the £20 and £30 pounds i had paid. i did not want to claim interest because i would not have kept the charge amount in my account from then until now.

I believe i have won altho i guess many of you will not agree.

Best of luck to all who try to claim.

Just to let people know, i won £900 from barclays, it took two months and three letters. i found demanding deadlines for them to comply with and then when they did not, sending a Letter Before Action helped speed things up.

Altho i did not recieve all of my money, i was offered half and accepted, this is because i knew i was going overdrawn at the time and what the charges were, i just believe the charge amount was excessive and i am happy to pay £12 for all my previous charges rarther than the £20 and £30 pounds i had paid. i did not want to claim interest because i would not have kept the charge amount in my account from then until now.

I believe i have won altho i guess many of you will not agree.

Best of luck to all who try to claim.

Well done for what you got but just a thought..... If you were mugged in the street and the mugger said "ok here is half of your money back now leave me alone" would you?

Its a good thought, only, if you keep walking down the same street knowing you are going to get mugged, and after six years of doing the same you get offered half back and then can walk a different route, i would take that.

On that note, im getting Halifax next. Thats a different story as they make you walk the same route with no offer of any help, just phone calls and compound charges for being pence over your overdraft.

hi, i am just getting started, this is all very new to me, so I am out for a lot of advice

Hi Zanny. You need to open a thread of your own in the forum relating to the Bank that you intend claiming from.

In the meantime, you should go to read the FAQ's and the step-by-step instructions. Also pick up on the longer threads in the same banks' forum.

Post and questions and comments in the thread you open so it makes it easier for us to follow your progress.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

As long as you feel the offer is right for you then it is cool. If you are happy with the result then that is all that is important!

I would have held out for the full amount BUT your circumstances are no doubt different form mine.....

Barclays - Settled -£1410.00

BOS - Settled - £525

C1 - Settled - No Idea How Much!

PPI From HFC Is Next!

Please View The

FAQ's - They Contain Everything You Need!