Havinastella V Lloyds TSB

havinastella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome and good luck Havinastella

Sweetpants

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

Thanks Sweetpants.

I do have one question, I have looked all over the site, but may have missed it. What is fair???

How much do I claim back on each "returned DD"

How much on each "£30 a day for being overdrawn" etc

Many thanks

Alan

You claim back all of it.Each and every unpaid direct debit charge and overdraft excess charge.And if you check out and use the spreadsheet you can claim back interest too.

SP

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

****WON*****.

Just one other thing. SURELY, Lloyds TSB know they are going to pay the claim when it goes the same way as every other one that they have paid out.

WHY are they taking every claim to court and paying the extra intrest?

There must be ONE clued up member of the solicitors office that realises they are paying back thousands more than is claimed, because they think we will stop proceedings!

Or am I just being stupid?

Alan

With the intimidating tactics they use I am sure there must be quite a few people that back off and dont see their claim through to the end.I know I have come close to giving up a couple of times and if it had not been for the great people on here giving me their advice and support I would have .Judging by some of the threads I have read so far no I dont think there is one clued up member in their solicitors.

SP

****WON*****.

Totally agree with SP's post. The money is not their main concern, in fact its more or less immaterial. They are a multi national company with a turnover of billions, and they are still earning ten times the amount from unlawful charges each day than they are forced to pay back. Their tactics are to wear out, intimidate and bully claimants into not pursueing their claims. This means stalling wherever they can.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think these tactics are ill-advised and short sighted. Public opinion could start to come into this soon as more people become aware of whats happening, and its surely only a matter of time before the courts do something about the banks abuses of the process.

Don't let them win!!!;)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Nice and quick reply

Thank you for the e-mail.

I acknowledge your request for copies of charge transactions on your account, which has been posted to our Gresham Street office.

I will confirm with a contact we have there as to whether this has been received and forwarded on to our Copy Statement Unit to be actioned.

I would like to point out that we are obliged to provide up to a maximum of 6 years account information. As you correctly state, under DPA guidelines, we are allowed up to 40 days to provide the information you have requested, but hopefully we shall be in a position to respond before then.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Customer Service Recovery

Birmingham

• 1 month later...

If you are claiming statutory interest and not contractual this is the correct one. But do not show the interest calculations yet, you cannot claim this until you file the claim.

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the delay ;)

I have a real dislike of this bank, they nearly ruined my life with Bank charges (up to £300 a month in some cases) which made me very ill.

After recovering and looking at my paperwork and these EXCELLENT forums, I feel I am once again strong enough to commence proceedings.

Just a quick question :p

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXX plus a further £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

DO I claim all overdraft interest on the account, even if I had an agreed overdraft limit?

Many thanks

JOgs

Thats the other question!

We have online statements going back to March 2002, this account has been active since 1988. Could we S.A.R to 1988? Is there a template for this?

Also can we reclaim charges from 1988?

Many Thanks

Jogs

Sorry for the delay ;)

I have a real dislike of this bank, they nearly ruined my life with Bank charges (up to £300 a month in some cases) which made me very ill.

After recovering and looking at my paperwork and these EXCELLENT forums, I feel I am once again strong enough to commence proceedings.

Just a quick question :p

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXX plus a further £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

DO I claim all overdraft interest on the account, even if I had an agreed overdraft limit?

Many thanks

JOgs

Welcome back.

No you cannot claim all the overdraft interest the banks have charged you, only the part that relates to the bank charges. It is all a bit difficult to calculate and does not amount to much therefore I usually advise people not to claim it.

This is not to be confused with statutory interest which should be claimed.

Thats the other question!

We have online statements going back to March 2002, this account has been active since 1988. Could we S.A.R to 1988? Is there a template for this?

Also can we reclaim charges from 1988?

Many Thanks

Jogs

Claim back charges for as long as you have statements for, there is a limitation argument that is complicated and we can help you with that later, as appropriate.

The normal SAR does the job, it puts no limit on how far the statements go back.

Standard S.A.R but with attached paragraph.

I would like to remind you that your obligation under s.7 is to supply all data held by your company irrespective of the date of such data. If you contend that you do not hold such data before this time, please could you confirm this by providing the certificate of destruction.

Yours faithfully,

Going out Monday morning, Is the last paragraph OK?

Thanks for your help GuidoT

Jogs

You can add it in, it will do no harm, but it will make no difference they will do whatever they want.

if its any help i sent a s.a.r to lloyds all they sent me was my statements odd thing is they are chasing me for £4500 statements read i owe £3200 then next 3 statements state i owe nothing and minimum monthly payment is 0 is this good luck or is there something i'm missing any advice

• 1 month later...

Hi Havinastella,

Thanks for the template letter, i will be sending it out today.

They did send me more statements but yet again was just the list of charges and fees nothing else!! Delay tatics is all i seem to be coming up against! Did you manage to get all the info after you sent them the letter??

So frustrating as i cant complete the spreadsheets!!

Hope all's going well with your claim!

Rach :)