missold mobile contract by phones4u on a 02 network

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, any advice would be appreciated please.

last year in May, a representative from phones4u turned up at my boyfriend's garage and convinced him to sign up for a contract with 02. As far as my boyfriend was concerned it was a twelve month contract and he was told that once the 12 months were up, the guy would return and review it. needless to say the representative hasn't turned up so my boyfriend called 02 for an upgrade only to be told his contract is for 3yrs!

Trouble is, we've looked at the paperwork and it says 02 business 3yrs. its the only bit in the paperwork that says anything about the length of the contract. he has also now been told he if he upgrades, it will add a further 12months to his contract ending it in 2009!

We've contacted phones 4u and they've said get lost, the guy who sorted out the contract no longer works here so that it.

Is there anything we can do?

I don't believe there is anything you can do if it is detailed in the paperwork. It would have been his reponsibility to read the contract thoroughly prior to signing it.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm inclined to agree - however the amount of commission the salesman would have got for flogging a 3 year contract would have been immense - and all at your b/f expense. The moral, really is to read everything and sign nothing until you are sure. The number of times if been handed a pen and told 'it's just the standard stuff' when only being given 10 seconds to look at the contract, and it tool almost 20 minutes to read and understand, means I don't get caught out - but I learned the hard way too!

Thanks guys i though as much. Trouble is my b/f is one of those who doesn't read through things had he bothered waiting for me i would have done the reading for him and he wouldn't be stuck with such a long contract.

try seeing a solictor ,had the same problem no where near as long as yours .Ours was with phones 4 u for a 3 {the network three }contract we were told it was for 12 months as that was all we wanted but i signed it only to find out it was for 18mths ,kept phoning phones for u {there all centres}only to be told there was nothing they could do to be fair when we purchased the phone to start with i wasnt really happy with the phone and tryed to take it back within the 14 days period only to be purswaded to try another phone but was told we had a further 14days so after another week still not happy tryed to take it back only to be told the 14 days were up even though were told we had a further 14 days anyway kept bein told by phones for u nothing colud be done so we went to a solicitor explained all this ,she wrote to both phones 4 u and 3 , a week later contract was cancelled by 3 It might work for all you can do is try askin solicitors do half hour free sections

try seeing a solictor ,had the same problem no where near as long as yours .Ours was with phones 4 u for a 3 {the network three }contract we were told it was for 12 months as that was all we wanted but i signed it only to find out it was for 18mths ,kept phoning phones for u {there all centres}only to be told there was nothing they could do to be fair when we purchased the phone to start with i wasnt really happy with the phone and tryed to take it back within the 14 days period only to be purswaded to try another phone but was told we had a further 14days so after another week still not happy tryed to take it back only to be told the 14 days were up even though were told we had a further 14 days anyway kept bein told by phones for u nothing colud be done so we went to a solicitor explained all this ,she wrote to both phones 4 u and 3 , a week later contract was cancelled by 3 It might work for all you can do is try askin solicitors do half hour free sections

Thanks very much