Marstons. Capital Contribution Order

HOWLER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Manxman in exile said:

I don't always agree with London1971 but having re-read Jane Harbottle's letter from back in July I'd agree you should write a letter of complaint directly to her.  She aplogised so many times and so profusely in that letter about the clumsy threat to put a charge on your wife's property that I'd go direct to her on the off-chance that they've screwed up again somewhere in this process.

I assume that after you received the letter from her you submitted some sort of hardship appeal against the capital contribution order together with a statement of income and outgoings?  (That's what her letter appeared to be suggesting you do).

I'd be asking them how they have come to the conclusion that some of your expenditure is "not a priority" without giving you any fair opportunity to justify it, and how on earth they can consider a proposed payment plan of £250 per month from an income of £1150 (over 20%) to be reasonable?

Plus the other stuff from London1971:  "Tell them to stop bullying vulnerable pensioners, and taking away their food money in the middle of the worst public health and financial crisis in living memory".   Plus your in a vulnerable group from Covid blah blah...

Thank you so very much for your help. 

well if you do write to her don't forget to remind her you want all the money already paid blindly to them back

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Howler.

I've hidden two duplicate posts because Google is showing your name. Site team can still see the documents.

Please have a read of our upload guide [click on the words] that will tell you how to post photos as pdf files, to keep your anonymity. If you post a pdf, it means that people who aren't members of this forum won't be able to view documents.

HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

On 14/11/2020 at 19:20, dx100uk said:

well if you do write to her don't forget to remind her you want all the money already paid blindly to them back

dx

Absolutely

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

because we do not want photos here we need PDF files ONLY

please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in, registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

here is your doc in PDF

you IGNORE marstons they are acting as a dca and are POWERLESS

2020-11-12 2.pdf

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm very sorry guys but this is getting to me,

you are dealing with a chap with brain problems and limited education,

useless at letters,

unable to make proper decisions,

I have enough looking after my wife 

you are doing a splendid job.

simply ignore marstons

there is nothing for you or anyone to 'deal with'

go get your moneyback and have a bumper xmas.

and they

Agree! you did this once before with the charging order threat, you Can do it again with this nonsense .

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

why whats happened now?

dx

and they

why you are winning

now go demand your moneyback nail them.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Howler - don't get pissed off.  Look at it as a game.

If I remember correctly they threatened you with having a charge put on your wife's property - which you and your wife successfully got them to back down on and you got a written apology from the chief officer(?) of the Legal Aid service.

Now they've assessed your income and outgoings and have passed it onto debt collectors without any reference back to you and without giving you an opportunity to challenge their findings.  I'd be complaining to the Legal Aid service again that that is unfair and wrong.

I know you've recently had bad news in that you've been diagnosed with some sort of brain problem (sorry - don't know how else to put it) and your wife is not well, so all this is the last thing you want, but in the overall scheme of things, it is only money.

They say you owe them, what, about £106k?  Can you afford to pay it - NO!  What can they do about it?  Sue you - so what...  nobody dies from being sued.  Get on with your lives and you and your wife enjoy yourselves.

And remember, London1971 and dx100uk reckon you should be claiming back the money you've already paid them

Just don't get depressed or down about it.  It's simply not worth it.  Even if you lose it isn't worth worrying about and making your self (and your wife) more ill.

When (or rather IF) you get an actual court claim - come back.

(It's a bit like that old saying.  You owe the Legal Aid service £1000 - that's your problem.  You owe them £100k and can't pay it - that's their problem!)

• Like 1

Yup, write that letter! And remember Marstons can go pound sand!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well after I sent the expenses and income list + covering letter. The only thing I got back was marstons demand for £250 / month. I was so disgusted at this amount with no explanation, I decided to ignore and didn't do anything, other than worry.. 

Then today at 5pm I received an email from the LAA saying because of my/our health and monetary situation they have called off marstons and will not be persuing this any further. 

My next question is, 

Any tips on how to go after the £5600 already paid. 

Tips as in how to word the letter. 

I can't express how much I am indebted to you all. 

Thank you so very much. 

• Like 3

told ya..

now not only demand your £5600 back paid under duress...you want compensation for the distress and grief caused as i no doubt they already knew of the medical issues long ago...

• Haha 1

and they