• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bad experience with Lastminute.com - Allowed to post recordings publicly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I've had two very bad experiences with LastMinute.com (in 2018 and 2020) after requiring customer support to make amendments/cancellations. Both issues boil down to the same problem:

* Customer Support does not reply to any emails whatsoever (not after a month, not after 2 years), you might as well send them to a black hole.

* Every time I call customer support, they either have no record of the previous calls so I have to start from scratch, or they tell me "sure sure we'll get back to you in 72 hours we promise", and then they do not call back. (7 calls in 2018 - 4 calls in 2020).

* Impossible to get written confirmations of anything. The agents say they can't send emails (which has lead me to start recording the calls).

* Both times I have had to deal with the airline directly myself (which is their job not mine - I had to ask the airlines to make exceptions for me as normally they would only deal with the OTA).

* To add insult to injury their CS number is a premium number (however thankfully I used saynoto0870 to get their local number, so at least I did not get fleeced, but it's outrageous nevertheless).

I happen to have a phone recording of a customer support agent getting angry at me (asking to please send a confirmation email), raising their voice, and saying "it's not my job", twice! Then babbling about how they work from home so I shouldn't ask these things of them. Unbelievable level of unprofessional.

Is that okay to upload the recording to youtube to expose how this company deals with its customers, or would that be breaching their privacy? I do believe the agents should be already aware that the calls are being recorded?

Regarding the flights themselves. I have been trying to rebook since 6 weeks ago, impossible to achieve. I have since then changed my mind after calling the airline and I need to go through LM to get my full refund. LM are again promising me everything will be sorted out, I "just have to wait" and no they can't send me any written evidence whatsoever that I have requested a refund.

So I filed a paypal dispute and lo and behold, at least now I have a written confirmation that I requested a refund.

It might be a bit naughty if you did give a warning or they were unaware – but go ahead – I can't really imagine that they would want to make an issue of it and have it more publicised than it already would be.

Send us a link when you put it up

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

Good news. Paypal has ruled the dispute in my favor and I received a full refund.

I assume that Lastminute did not even bother to argue and just let the full deadline lapse out of spite, greed, understaffing, or a mix of the three. I'm enclosing here my complaint to paypal. And also my funny correspondence with lastminute's "VIP Service" (I wrote to the CEO).

I've run into problems uploading the conversation to youtube, but I might yet do it if I find the time to troubleshoot my phone.

This is my full correspondence with the CEO and his army of robots, after I decided to complain.

Sat 30/05/2020 00:05

Hello,

I am not impressed with your template response - which merely goes further in proving my original point.

I'm not asking for priority as you seem to have hastily believed in the 5 seconds you took to read my message.

I am telling you - with a detailed explanation - why your company has the worst customer service of any OTA I have ever used, and I can assure you I will do my utmost to convey this message to any of my contacts who would be unfortunate enough to consider using your services.

By this point, it is no surprise to me that you're still not getting the message.

"VIP" Service Desk, I do not salute you
XX

De : Team Assistance <[email protected]>

Objet : Re: Fwd: Customer Experience Breakdown - Ticket Id: 

Dear 

Thank you for your email to our CEO which has been passed to the VIP Service Desk for response.

Given the current worldwide Coronavirus outbreak, we are currently receiving a very high number of contacts. Our teams are working hard to manage all requests however, this does mean that waiting times are longer than usual.
If you are requesting a change or cancellation of your booking, or awaiting a refund, I can assure you that someone will be in touch as soon as possible, however, for the reasons stated above, we will be unable to offer any priority to contacts received through this channel.

Please be advised that agents will be unable to provide specific timescales for the management of your case however, if you have a question or query in relation to any other matter, you may be able to find the details in our website FAQ’s (www.lastminute.com) or in the My Area page.  Alternatively, you can contact or customer service teams on the phone number detailed on your confirmation email.
Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards, 

VIP Service Desk

lastminute.com is a brand of lastminute.com group

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and could be a crime.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 at 19:22
Subject: Customer Experience Breakdown
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>

Good evening Mr. 

I am taking the liberty to write to you directly after becoming completely unable to establish viable communications with customer services.

I have used Lastminute.com twice in the last 2 years to purchase flights, due to the very attractive prices on offer. Sadly, on both counts I have had a very bad experience with Customer Services. Both of them boil down to the same problems:
  • My emails are not replied to.
  • Calls will result in the agent promising to take action and return contact, however, contact is not returned and action is not taken.
  • Being given different and contradictory information by a different agent every time I call. Notes not being saved between calls.
  • Being forced to deal directly with the airlines myself.

In 2018, I had to call a total of 7 times over 6 weeks to fix a typo in my name - which the airline had already agreed to fix. Every time I called, the agent didn't have records from past calls and I had to restart from zero. It was immensely frustrating, though I do admit the original typo was my fault.

This year, after my flights were, first changed, then cancelled, due to the coronavirus crisis, I have attempted for over a month to rebook the tickets at a later date. The emails went unanswered, and the calls invariably concluded in promises I would be contacted back shortly - which did not happen.
Frustrated by the lack of information, I asked an agent today if they could kindly write me an email confirmation that my rebooking was being looked into. The agent categorically refused, stating twice, and I quote: "it's not my job".
Trying my luck with a second agent, I was told to just contact the airline myself as lastminute would not do it for me.

Calling the airline myself afterwards, I managed to get a satisfactory response within a few minutes.

I am acutely aware that the unprecedented worldwide crisis is putting a strain onto everyone and especially travel agents, and that a normal level of service cannot be expected. But that does neither excuse the inability of CS to execute a booking change which the OTA is responsible for, nor the lack of etiquette of the first agent I spoke to today.

I am also disappointed that the calls to CS are being charged as a premium phone number, given the level of service is definitely not premium.

I am pained to let you know that regardless of the fantastic prices you provide on air travel, unless I am confident you have made significant overhauls to your customer experience, I do not intend to purchase a ticket with you again, and will be unable to recommend your services to anyone.

I do hope that you take this feedback onboard, so this can affect future customers positively.

Sincerely,
XXX

This is the content of my Paypal claim.

Original claim (complete with attached invoice)

24 May 2020

Your notes

I have contacted Lastminute customer service to ask for a refund but they have told me to wait and refused to produce a written confirmation of my refund request.

I have no confidence in their customer service, having tried to get in touch with Lastminute customer service for the last 6 weeks to rebook or cancel the flights. Emails receive no reply and calls end up with being promised to be contacted back, which then does not happen, so I can not establish viable communications with the vendor. Customer service have told me to wait and have promised that things will be sorted out in due time. However from my extensive experience with them failing to process any requests I have no confidence that my refund request will be processed in due time by the vendor.

As stated above customer service have refused on multiple occasion to provide a written confirmation of my refund request which further degrades the confidence.

I have also sent a complaint to Lastminute but it remained unanswered, like my other emails.

I am submitting this paypal claim as I believe it will be the only way to obtain a refund in due time. The flights were cancelled last week so being told to wait is not acceptable.

I have recordings of my calls with customer service if needed as evidence. Thank you for your understanding.

Escalated claim

1 June 2020

Your notes

Unable to issue refund with vendor.

Unable to establish viable communications with vendor.

I am awaiting full refund for flights cancelled due to Covid19.

Flights are still marked as active on website (cancelled weeks ago already).

Vendor does not reply to emails (no human reply in 6 weeks).

Customer service offer misleading and contracting information on the telephone.

They have sent me to call the airline in their place, and airline (MU) has confirmed I am due a full refund, but the refund has to be processed by Lastminute and they just aren't doing it.

They also categorically refuse to produce a written record that my refund request is being processed, which was the only thing I was asking for (I know that the times are difficult and did not expect immediate refund, but I do expect a guarantee that this is being processed, and they have refused to produced that).

Customer service consistently promise to call back or email back, but then they don't.

The only one call I have received from them in the last 6 weeks was to ask me to cancel my paypal dispute, however I have clearly stated I would only cancel it if they could provide the written confirmation I asked for.

They promised to get back in touch, but as always they havn't and I have now no other choice but to escalate as the time to claim will soon elapse, and I have no confidence in Lastminute's customer service after this experience. I have saved the emails and call recordings as evidence if needed. Please let me know if you require more information.

Best regards X

Long story short:

* Lastminute.com are required to process refunds for cancelled flights on behalf of their customers, however they do not process the refund for an extended period of time after flights have been cancelled and keep your money for as long as they can.

* It is impossible to get a response from Lastminute.com by email. They simply do not reply.

* When on the phone with them, they either fob you off to the airline (incorrectly), or they promise you to act, but then don't act. The phone line costs premium money.

* When on the phone I have spoken to 3 different agents who have all confirmed that they are not allowed to produce written confirmations of rebooking or refund requests. 

* When you file a complaint with paypal, LM will call you to ask you to cancel your complaint, but without offering any guarantees.

* They will then let the deadline expire so they can keep your money for 6 weeks before the deadline lapses and paypal refunds you.

Disclaimer: This is based on my personal experience with them over 2 separate bookings, and I have full records to back the above claims. Your personal experience with them may vary

Avoid lastminute LIKE THE PLAGUE!

I have purchased with other OTAs (Opodo, CrystalTravel) in the past which have had decent customer service when I needed to make changes to bookings.

I am considering whether I should sue lastminute to recover the £20 spent calling China Eastern offices in Beijing to do their job because they could not be bothered to. It's not worth the hassle but this is how much I am angry at them.

• 3 weeks later...

🤣🤣🤣

I have received 2 days ago, an email from lastminute thanking me for my patience and telling me that my cancellation was accepted and they will refund me within the next 2 months.

Hilarious level of incompetence... I already got the money back 3 weeks ago from PayPal!