Barclaycard credit report

mister_sean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a lot of trouble recently with barclaycard charging me for card protection that i never signed up for. I no longer use the card and it has a nill balance so did not really bother looking at the statements. However, i decided to look at one and found card protection charged to it which is charged annually. I had missed the payment date so i phoned barclaycard to explain. They assured me that my credit report would not be affected and they eventually agreed to cancel the card protection and the money and interest that had been charged would be refunded (eventually after a few phone calls that would have cost me a lot of money if i had not known about http://www.saynoto0870.com). No one seemed to give the same answer each time i phoned up and i was eventually told that there WOULD be a mark put on my credit report!!! Barclaycard said that they would rectify this and a few days later a recieved a letter in the post saying that they had done so. I took there words in good faith for some stupid reason and only just decided to look at my credit report today - has the mark gone? no the hell it has not!!!

What can i say to barclaycard about this? can i take any action?

Any help much appreciated, thank you

Sean

I think you need to take a good look at this new DPA section... it relates to any adverse mark against your file, not just defaults.

HERE

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Raise a notice of dispute with the credit reference agency, they will contact the data controller on your behalf and ask them to validate the data.

if for any reason Barclaycard reply to the CRA and state the data is correct you will need to contract Barclaycards data protection team and advise them of the situation.

if they continue to suffer from the left hand not knowing what the right is doing syndrome then yes S. 10 of the DPA will aid to remedy this matter

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks