ebay, silk epilator faulty.

gavino76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello guys.

Last may, i bought my mrs an epilator as new from ebay. This may, the battery capacity has diminished to , well, zero. Paypal are unable to help as it is outside the 180 day window. Ebay wont help, and the seller has not responded.

Is there anything i can do?

Thanks for your time.

gavin

Sounds like you would be outside the manufacturer's warranty. I think a year is way too long for you to get any sort

of result from the seller.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You could pursue the seller under CRA, as a product should last a reasonable time, and 12mts is uncertainly acceptable, even if outside of any any warranty, which is of course in addition to your rights under CRA.

you indicate, as new, not new?, so there could of been some use, and just like anything that has rechargeable batteries, the number of cycles you charge it, diminishes it's life, as does laptops left on charge forever and not cycled once a month.

these items are very easy to change the battery in, and those are available from ebay amongst other retailers too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I mean even Apple have only just go their act together with Batteries after 13 years, and that is a premium expensive product.  All models I had owned up to a 6S had significant degradation of battery life after a year.  This like with many batteries can be down to incomplete charging.

On a cheap product, I really wouldn't expect the battery to be up to much after a year.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

was this new or as new?

your 1st post is not clear what you mean..

and what was the total cost.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I cant remember exactly but im sure it was new other, i wouldnt have bought a used epilator. It was 79.99.

Thanks for replying, im sick of getting mugged off!!

(whats a DCA?)

gav

debt collection agency...

but don't worry about my sig.

look on the history of the org advert then...

new other...what that mean.

do you fund your PP account by a debit card?

if so do a chargeback then to your bank

and they

Hi

If you purchased this from ebay all you need to do to find the details is to go into your ebay account and view my summary and the items purchased should be listed where you can go into this specific item to view its details.

We really need to confirmation whether the item was New or As New as the advice to both would be different.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hello Stu thanks for replying 

I'm looking at it now but there's nothing! I can't remember what it said  upon my initial search, but definitely would t have bought a used one.

I'll message ebay to see if they can find out.

As DX said, it should be relatively easy to change the battery. Take it apart, Google the part number of the battery and fit a new one.

Why does everything have to be a financial fight?

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

chargeback is a total of 540 days from date of transaction

the  120 days only starts from when you realised you could chargeback

wish these banks would read the rules properly!!

and they

thanks dx100!! more useful info I will look Into.

as for the other comment, well, everything hasn't been a financial fight.

it's just been me, being taken advantage of with dodgy goods, far too frequently for my liking.

so here I am.

if the seller had responded to me and tried to help me out It could have been different.

if I do manage to get my money back then yes, I'll take your advice as it's a good idea, replace the battery. thank you

So, just playing devils advocate for a moment. If you do get you money back from the seller, you end up with a repairable shaver and a refund.

How fair is that?

Best 'I got a free shaver' post I've seen in ages.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

how fair is it that I get my money back from the faulty epilator that was sold to me as new, buy a new battery for it with the money, to continue using it as originally intended ? sounds fair to me.

whats your problem?

I'm new on this site, I guess I'm going to have to get used to Muppets like you with your sarcastic comments right? 

It isn’t a sarcastic comment.

It points out the truth, that you aren’t entitled to “unjust enrichment

If you sued, and won, you’d be entitled to damages to put you back in the position you should have been in (a working device, a year old, with a working battery), not a new device.

Since they can’t expect you to install a year old battery, the cost of a new battery would be reasonable (with you then installing it)

The cost of a new shaver / a refund of the original purchase price wouldn’t be reasonable.

If Hammy or me pointing this out makes us Muppets, CAG will be Sessame Street.

Edited by BazzaS

best I got a free shaver post I've seen in ages. that's not sarcastic? I'm not interested in unjust enrichment, i would much rather have a sensible conversation with the seller rather than just be ignored, thats fair don't you think? and id much rather have a sensible conversation on these forums where I  can find the answers,  not have sneering know it alls and their mates trying to belittle me because of my lack of knowledge. I've got no interest in it. if I'm wrong, guide me, don't make pathetic comments.

@Gavino76

Can I please ask that you refrain from calling our Caggers 'Muppets' as they have only posted advice from what you have posted in your Topic also no Cagger from what has been posted has belittled you.

Can I also point out that this site is free to use and everyone gives there time and advice voluntary and completely free and it is up to you how you use that advice and I would advise that you have a read of our Forum Rules:

Moving on

Have you checked the ebay sellers my summary to see if there Registered Address which should be there and write to them ensuring to get free proof of posting from the post office.  

With the above is the seller UK based?

Also just to clarify Chargeback for you have a look at this CAG link and go down to Chargeback and have a wee read:

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group