VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC, now default judgement - Hire Car - me named - no stopping - Southend Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

need some advice regarding a LBC received pertaining to a parking invoice from February this year.

I was dropping a passenger off in the taxi rank opposite the terminal in a clearly marked London minicab.

There's no signs indicating dropping off MUST be done from the car parks only, (even for taxi drivers),

merely no stopping signs on the entrance to the airport,

and that's it!

I've ignored all previous correspondence from them,

down to advice mainly gleaned from this website,

but now they've sent a LBC,

I thought it wise to consult here for any advice which will be greatfully received.

Many thanks

VCS LOC.pdf

Hello and welcome to CAG.

People should be along later to advise, but we have quite a few VCS airport threads now that you can look at, including Southend.

Please wait until you've had advice here before you take any action on this.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS MNPR PCN PAPLOC - no stopping - Southend Airport

thread title update pix post directly to screen

converted to pdf for you

can we have the NTK to pdf please 

need the photos

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC - Hire Car - me named - no stopping - Southend Airport

yep all good

so spycar capture

you have until the 15th june to reply with a snotty letter

and with recent developments this could be fun for simple simon .

i's suggest using our enhanced google search box

'vcs excel no stopping'

to get upto speed

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes exactly,

I was unloading a paying customers luggage, and a spycar pops up with his yellow lights flashing and proceeds to record my car.

I tried to reason with the idiot inside, that I'm a taxi driver dropping a passenger off, and how the hell was I supposed to know that Southend Airport does not allow airport drop-offs, even for taxis, without entering one of the car-parks?!

The entrance airport roads only indicate "no stopping on access roads" which can easily be misconstrued as relating to no stopping on red-routes, which would be fair enough, nowhere do they state that dropping off passengers, must be done only from the long or short-stay carparks.

And so at the time, I swung around the mini-roundabout outside the terminal, and pulled into the taxi bay that I was sure I was allowed to given I was a working taxi driver at that time, and offloaded my passengers.

Its interesting that the Southend Airport website states that it is the ONLY London  airport to allow "free drop-offs", which is 100% false, as ALL London airports allow free drop-offs

-  the only London airport you have to pay to drop-off at, is the express drop-off at Stansted airport which is controlled by entrance and exit barriers, so you could be under no illusions that its free! But there is still a free drop option even there.

It's almost like Southend airport is running an entrapment scheme, whereby if they don't get money out of you from the car parks, they'll extract it from you through their VCS spy-car that pounces as soon as you stop!

Please see the attached pdf, this is the only information they give you upon entering the airport roads.

I fail to see how any tickets at Southend Airport could be enforceable therefore, as the signage is completely inadequate pertaining to dropping off passengers etc.

And so I don't need to fill in any of the forms that accompanied the LBC, just do a stern letter back to them and that usually suffices? 

I'll be sure to look into your suggestion through the enhanced Google box,

Many thanks

Screenshot_2020-05-20_at_20_27_45.png.pdf

no yet

are you grasping the fact that it's a speculative invoice , nothing to do with the land owners at all and that they are gov't by Byelaws which simple simon cannot ever enforce??

and they

There has recently been a case on the Parking Forum that will be woeful to the likes of Simon.  Contained within is something useful to you regarding what is parking, and stopping to picck up or drop off a passenger isn't Parking.  VCS have no Locus to sue you on Airport property, so read up on these threads you will get the idea.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Exactly, they are speculating to accumulate (wealth)! 

Its a sad fact that most motorists will simply see these letters, designed to look official etc, and simply pay-up to avoid further stress and hassle. 

This is pretty much the whole business model of these unscrupulous parking companies, preying on the ignorance of the public regarding basic law etc

• Like 1

what do you expect when 99% of the media call them FINES!

though 99% of the media are probably play gold with them and do many judges....

• Like 1

and they

Aren't Gladstones the worlds worse Solicitior's offices on a golf course, or was I having a bad game of postal?

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Is a bit wordy, and too much like a defence Witness Statement, needs to be shorter more insulting in tone, hopefully ericsbrother and the others will be along for a look soon with suggestions.  But an opener of Dear Simple Simon, as Airport Bye laws are in force, you have no locus to ask me for a piece of slime from under a rock, irrespective of  anything else. 

just habng fire dor some more suggestions, but short to the point is best, that letter allows them to concoct something else and mislead a court if it went that far.

• Like 1

you are not filing a defence

just a short simple snotty letter telling him to go do one loser!!

and they

Dear Simple Simon,

After reading your LBA I can see why you are called simple. Do you really think that I would pay money to a company that has no locus standi here and has fallen into the same trap as OPS at Lewes. You knew you  had no legitimate reason to ask for my details so you are already in breach of GDPR. if you want to take me to Court bring a cheque book for me and a tooth brush for the Judge.

That's all you need. Once they know that you have seen the OPS case I expect them to do nothing until after the 1st June depending on the result with DDJ Harvey. And one would hope that your case would die with it.

• Thanks 1

Ok great thanks. I think I've got until mid June to reply according to the PD etc. Your reply is succinct, no nonsense and to the point so I'll use that. Maybe I should hold off sending it pending the result of the DDJ Harvey case then, which could heavily influence the direction my appeal goes, comments?

No No No its NOT an Appeal its a letter telling him he is extremely silly if he tries court, given that case, and By laws, and the fact he has no Locus Standi (legal Standing) to do it You don't bother with any silly forms they send with the LBA.  Might be worth waiting to see what ericsbrother adds.

I am always interested to know why these ex-clampers like to assign a contravention code to thier demands when the only towel they have to cover their naked greed is a contract agreed between both parties and with no stopping that doesnt exist anyway.

now their code coincides with the London (and other places) code for stopping on a red route or clearway

so the big question is was the road designated under the road traffic act as a red route or clearway?

answer, of course it isnt, it is private land so the RTA doesnt apply.

the POFA prohibits parking co's pretending that their charges are anything more than they are

so putting their little ticket in a yelow stripey envelope,

using the term PCN

and especially this nonsense

should and can lose them their court claim as it is intended to coerce or harass and is thus an abuse of process.

DDJ Harvey had some to say on this matter

so before you fire off you get lost letter to VCS

- it would be worth finding the appropriate passage and quoting it to them

and say that they are cruising towards a hammering for costs under CPR 27.14.2(g) or CPR 28.1 as they are clearly telling lies.

So keep it as short as possible but get the relevent points across so they know you have read up on this and are up for a fight.

drop the pargraph about why you were there, no consequence at all and stick to the basic lack of offer of a contract.

Even people on Judge Rinder understand this simple requirement.

Up to you what you leave in but you could go very short.

I would put quite simply:

Dear simple Simon,

I refer you to the written judgement of One Parking solution Ltd v W at Lewes CC 24th April 2020, particularly paras 52-65.

I further refer you to Arkell v Pressdram

A full costs recovery order will be sought if you are still stupid enough to want to waste my time.

I think that covers everything relevant.

Great thanks very much folks, I'll do an amalgamation letter of all 3 of your contributions above and keep it as short and to the point as poss. I'll submit here before postage for your professional (a damn site more than mine anyhow!) opinion...

Thought a minnicab could drop off at a taxi point, but only pick up pre booked fares?  If so Simple is onto a loser on that head as well.

private hire ....no I doubt it.

though I know from coming from the area and knowing most of the private hire companies that they (at one point if not still) pay a fee to simon I believe to be allowed to use Stanstead airport drop off places and not get done over.

and they