• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Homeless and pregnant secure tenancy

Kallil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

We need help and advice with housing,

I am Male 32 with a secure council tenancy 

She is 23 , 20 weeks pregnant and sort of sofa surfing with two dogs.

We have never lived together and been in a relationship since 2018, we have never felt ready to live together not straight away anyway, we found out she was pregnant back in febuary and I verbally spoke to my council officer when she was in  my neighbourhood and ask if it was possible my girlfriend could move in with me at a later stage as i hadn't even asked her to move in with me, my council officer said this would not be a problem and spoke a little bit about over crowding when the baby is born, so me and my girlfriend thought it would be absolutely fine for her to move in with me once I finally spoke to her about it, now the council are basically saying she can move in but the two dogs cannot, my girlfriend said she refuses to give up on the dogs.

I no that we can make a joint transfer application with councils and hopefully they will move us but can they really refuse the dogs to come with us? What can I do about this? 

Thank you

33 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Hello and welcome to CAG.

What does your tenancy agreement say about pets please?

Best, HB

Hi there

I cant actually find my agreement but it probably says no pets, I'm in a ground floor flat with a corridor and communal garden. My neighbour who lives above me had a dog there for 12 years and he is 2nd floor I can attach a letter I received from them sorry it's not the best pic

Dogs.pdf

Yes, I'm afraid your picture could do with some work. The best way to post it is as a pdf file so that the advisers can read it easily, zoom in on it or rotate it. I can't read it because it's sideways.

If you read our upload guide, it will tell you more.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes, it sounds like a very difficult predicament and of course will try to help you. However, I think that at the very least you could please try to present your documents in a way which you would like to see them presented to you. If you want you can get a copy of Adobe scan for your phone and that will generally speaking do the trick.

On this occasion I've converted the document for you and also attended the correct way round.

13 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Yes, I'm afraid your picture could do with some work. The best way to post it is as a pdf file so that the advisers can read it easily, zoom in on it or rotate it. I can't read it because it's sideways.

If you read our upload guide, it will tell you more.

HB

Try this hopefully it's better for everyone :)

20200518_181907.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Yes, it sounds like a very difficult predicament and of course will try to help you. However, I think that at the very least you could please try to present your documents in a way which you would like to see them presented to you. If you want you can get a copy of Adobe scan for your phone and that will generally speaking do the trick.

On this occasion I've converted the document for you and also attended the correct way round.

Very very sorry, I'm abit outdated, my phone is very old and slow and no access to pc or laptop I will do my very best to send over the best quality of things as I can 

Edited by Kallil
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, honeybee13 said:

Well done. You need to edit out the name of the previous housing officer please, unless BF has done that.

HB

Good one I didnt realise I'm not doing so well I'm very sorry 🙈

Submit a joint application for re-Housing to the Council. Based on your changed circumstances. You may have to be very flexible with location, as housing options are limited. 

Also apply to Housing Associations in your area. 

You can include Housing on University Credit claim from date you move to new property.

If the girlfriend is pregnant and homeless she may be prioritized.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

15 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Submit a joint application for re-Housing to the Council. Based on your changed circumstances. You may have to be very flexible with location, as housing options are limited. 

Also apply to Housing Associations in your area. 

You can include Housing on University Credit claim from date you move to new property.

If the girlfriend is pregnant and homeless she may be prioritized.

Hi, yes we was going to call the council tomorrow to see if we can put a joint application in even tho we dont live together, the only problem is atm shes pregnant hormones everywhere and I just want to relieve her from all this stress, i suppose I would be threatened with eviction notices etc if I allow them to stay without permission? I have asked my doctor for an medical letter what they have asked for but I dont no how far that will go

Thank you

Hi all, we have spoken to my mums local council and they have let us do a application so that is one good thing, I have also spoken to my doctor who is willing to write me a letter, I dont no who see the letter I posted, but i dont no if that letter will be accepted by my housing officer 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a update on this, we have been accepted by the council but we are on band 4, there banding category band 1 highest priority, band 4 lowest priority,

We only have one bedroom entitlement until my partner is 25 weeks pregnant what is in 4 weeks time, how ever band 4 is around 5 years waiting list, but she needs housing before then, is she better off putting in a single application? The banding could possibly go down in 4 weeks to a higher priority but I'm not clear on this I have emailed them to ask but no response 

Thanks 

Edited by Kallil
Type error