• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately most District Judges derive from the solicitor business most of whom cynically fudge their way through their career and most have an ingrained hatred of any L.I.P. depriving their shoddy profession of the exorbitant fees it is able to charge.

I was initially apalled when first using the internet which to me is the greatest tool since the printing press,that the Law in which I was trained many years ago bore little resemblance to the Law practised in County Courts which appeared in many cases to be discretionary and dependent on whether the Judge liked the look of you or not.I do fortunately have more confidence in the High Court but few cases go this far.

Crapstone

Being an old experienced campaigner in obtaining refunds of charges could you kindly post definitively the charges and any interest added to accounts that are reclaimable.

I have been asked constantly this question but having never made such a claim and am embarassed by being unable to give a definitive answer.

Perhaps with your long term experiences you could help both me and many others who are unsure and consequently unsure of exactly what their true arrears if any really are , thus weakening any defence they may have in Court.

I have previously posted most of the things I have done. I reclaimed ALL of the charges including interest. Late payment, Block Insurance, unpaid DD, Legal charges (Not all of them yet).

You need to get all your statements together. Everything you have so far. Then send off a SAR..several if you can. Look at the FOS guidelines. Complain about the charges and don't take no for an answer. You really have to fight. When Capstone come back with a sarcastic letter, get in touch with the FOS. They wouldn't justify their fees. They can't explain why payments go missing or why they lose paperwork. They will go on the defence but they know when to back down and have been beaten into a corner. FOS awarded us compensation and most of the charges were removed but they started applying them again at a higher rate a little while later.

The hardest thing is adding it all up and then having to wait for Capstone to respond. My SAR showed nothing of interest, mostly blacked out but my OH had one that showed he'd been in touch and that they had received payments (that they denied completely). This was post FOS after they still were threatening us. Out of the blue they refunded everything.

That all sounds so easy but I've dealt with them since '03 and spent 2 years with the FOS. They will try to treat you like an idiot..but you aren't .. You have the knowledge from here to take you forward. Go on..ask them the question..then see who the idiots are!

The main defence is unjustifiable charges and habitual 'mistakes'.

I don't pretend to be anything other than myself here. Take it as read and simplified for all to understand. I save my grasp of the English Language and Law for more formal times :-)

• Haha 1

Thankyou for your comprehensive reply Crapstone.

In a nutshell everything that is not a mortgage repayment should be reclaimed,this can be discovered by issuing a SAR.

brassed-off-2

It would be interesting indeed if anyone had ever at their request had their loan modified by the team,especially the conversion of a repayment loan to interest only.

Has anyone been ever offered such facilities or asked for such and been refused?

I wonder looking at all the other related threads whether amongst their multi layered and structured organisation Capstone have a "Try it on Team" as well.

Edited by actionnotwords
  • Haha 1

I am not aware whether this information has ever been posted here but it has been discovered on the "other site" that all those with London Mortgage Company are not with the one that is about to be struck off by Companies House ie the one that is LMC limited.

They are in fact with plain LMC (THE NOT LIMITED ONE) which apparently deliberately confusingly is a trading name of SPML.

Littledotty

It occurs to me have any of the documents you have relating to this company /trading name ever bore the words Limited after them ?.ie Land Registry or anything else?

In a nutshell everything that is not a mortgage repayment should be reclaimed,this can be discovered by issuing a SAR.

brassed-off-2

It would be interesting indeed if anyone had ever at their request had their loan modified by the team,especially the conversion of a repayment loan to interest only.

Has anyone been ever offered such facilities or asked for such and been refused?

I wonder looking at all the other related threads whether amongst their multi layered and structured organisation Capstone have a "Try it on Team" as well.

Yes ANW...i asked, was refused, must also add...the call operator sent emails to all relevant departments forwarning them of my questions!! needless to say no copies of emails are in the subject access.. I am just about to embarque on one of my letter bombarding campaigns, this time they will all be personally addressed to the wonderful Mr-treating customers fairly manager, seeing as capstone are now priding themselves on the TCF, bandwagon...:D;)

will let you know how it goes...or not as the case maybe:rolleyes:

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

brassed-off-2

I would stress that it depends on the individual circumstances. My arrears were originally because of a dispute and not an inability to pay. We had arranged our own insurance but they kept adding on theirs, despite months of protest with calls, letters and fax. The mortage was wholly affordable until they started adding the extortonate charges and taking more than they were entitled to, I'm really in the habit of of taking out several lots of insurance for the same property or not.. :-|

The question of conversion was asked several times and different answers were given. Mostly they acted like crass debt collectors. ' Give us a card payment and then we'll talk'. I had faith in one of the reps that changed the schedule and said it was fine to pay by cheque. A couple of months later the company denied the conversation and called me a liar. Thank God for the SAR that showed I was right.

And thanks for the rest of them that show they made mistakes from day 1. I was called a liar for several months when I told them that they had been sent payments. They denied receiving anything...the SAR shows otherwise.

In a nutshell they didn't offer..we did ask and didn't get any response. They have the habit of skirting around any direct questions you put to them. You just have to keep the conversation flowing and proving them wrong at every opportunity ;)

companies house webcheck

21/06/10 - directors appointment terminated Amany Attia.

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

companies house webcheck

21/06/10 - directors appointment terminated Amany Attia.

WOW,

WHICH COMPANIES?

SCEDMINC I AM USING A NEW PC, AS I SEE YOU PRESENT COULD YOU POST A LINK TO CH?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,I THOUGHT THIS THREAD HAD BURNT OUT BUT THE FUSE MAY WELL HAVE BEEN RELIT!!

LITTLEDOTTY PLEASE ROUSE YOUR TROOPS BACK INTO ACTION!!

heres the link .... sorry!!

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Found It So Both Spml And Pml Are Now Both Operating Without Any Director.

WELL FOUND BRASSED!!!!!

:D

So the question remains, who should i make my cheques payable to this month????:rolleyes:

WOW,

WHICH COMPANIES?

SCEDMINC I AM USING A NEW PC, AS I SEE YOU PRESENT COULD YOU POST A LINK TO CH?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,I THOUGHT THIS THREAD HAD BURNT OUT BUT THE FUSE MAY WELL HAVE BEEN RELIT!!

LITTLEDOTTY PLEASE ROUSE YOUR TROOPS BACK INTO ACTION!!

HI ANW,

Sorry I missed that and must have signed off as you posted but seems you are ok now.

Sced

When I put in SPML in webcheck this is the only one that comes up:

SPML LIMITED

FLAT 232 DOYLE HOUSE

OSBORNE ROAD

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W3 8SN

Company No. 07127263

It is newly formed.

Hi Midge,

You've got the wrong company. You need:

Name & Registered Office:

SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LIMITED

ST. JOHNS PLACE

EASTON STREET

HIGH WYCOMBE

HP11 1NL

Company No. 03266119

Sced.

Afternoon everyone...

Confession time... I am wrong about s.140 and non regulated first charge mortgages.

AnimalMagic is quite correct..

Looks like Suetonius is only human after all..

I can freely admit when I am wrong..

Hey Suetonius,

Sorry to resurrect this. I might be misunderstanding due to tiredness, but sec 3.3b of this OFT document seems to say mortgages are exempt from s140.

a debtor-creditor agreement secured by any land mortgage to

finance the purchase of land, or the provision of dwellings on

any land

I hope I'm misunderstanding... :-)

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

Hey Suetonius,

Sorry to resurrect this. I might be misunderstanding due to tiredness, but sec 3.3b of this OFT document seems to say mortgages are exempt from s140.

I hope I'm misunderstanding... :-)

Hello AM

Remember s.140 also applies to agreements that are not CCA regulated.

The unfair relationship provisions apply to any credit agreement between a creditor and an individual whether or not it is a CCA-regulated agreement, apart from an agreement secured by a first mortgage over residential land that falls within the category of exempt agreement provided under section 16 (6C) CCA (an agreement that is secured by a land mortgage and entering into that agreement as lender is a regulated activity for the purposes of FSMA 2000).

Hello AM

Remember s.140 also applies to agreements that are not CCA regulated.

The unfair relationship provisions apply to any credit agreement between a creditor and an individual whether or not it is a CCA-regulated agreement, apart from an agreement secured by a first mortgage over residential land that falls within the category of exempt agreement provided under section 16 (6C) CCA (an agreement that is secured by a land mortgage and entering into that agreement as lender is a regulated activity for the purposes of FSMA 2000).

'first mortgage over residential land' is the bit I can't get my head around. I am reading this as all normal first mortgages people use to buy their home? I have read s16 over and over and can't grasp if s140 applies to my first charge mortgage taken out pre Oct 2004 or not :-(

It doesn't seem to make sense that mortgages after Oct 2004 would be protected but those before wouldn't...

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

Stable & door come to mind & are not the FSA being closed down perhaps they hope they'll be offered something else if they look tough. Mind you it would appear that these people do get handsomely rewarded for failure

Stable & door come to mind & are not the FSA being closed down perhaps they hope they'll be offered something else if they look tough. Mind you it would appear that these people do get handsomely rewarded for failure

You may not like it. But if it helps those in arrears to KEEP their homes and have it addressed in a better fashion than a lottery then bring it on.

Do I look worried if any financial institution suffers? NO. My concern is with how we are dealt with and with whom?

I don't care..I won..they gave me the charges back. But I do care and that's why I am here. To see that you lot get some satisfaction with Capstone backing off and stop claiming their stupid arrears charges and false claims that they haven't received your insurance payments. Too many people are moaning but not doing ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Edited by Crapstone

I sent the following letter to Capstone on 23rd June. I will be interested to see their reply:

Litigation Department

Capstone Mortgage Services Ltd

P O Box 1075

High Wycombe

HP11 2WK

23rd June 10

Loan account number:

Dear Sir

I am in receipt of your letter of 19th June.

I am becoming very irritated that you fail to credit our mortgage account with the cash that I pay into Barclays Bank using your paying-in book that contains all the details necessary for the payments to be credited immediately to our account. As you know, cash payments are not subject to clearing and are credited to your account immediately they are paid in and the money is available for you to use straight away. The fact that it takes you x number of days to find it is down to the failings of your internal systems and do nothing to detract from the fact that cash paid in should be credited to our account on the day the payment is made.

The payment that you now claim has been missed was paid into Barclays Bank, ---, at 12:09 on 15th June. A payment of £-- was also made into Barclays Bank, ------ on 4th June 2010.

In view of the fact that you seem to lose more payments than you actually find, I am concerned that interest has been charged on these payments during the time that it took you to find them. Will you please look through your records and credit my account with the interest to which you are not entitled.

I am also concerned that you have charged my account with your exorbitant “litigation fees” of £116.00. As you know, any penalty charges charged must be in proportion to the amount of work required to levy the fee. As this is done by computer in nanoseconds I cannot believe that the cost is in proportion to the amount of work involved. Will you please give me details of the cost to prove that it is justified. Simply saying “we believe that they are justified”, will not do. If that is the sort of reply I receive, I will immediately be complaining to the FOS and the OFT, whose rules you will be transgressing.

I am also concerned that whilst I was promised earlier in the year, that the person to whom I spoke would examine my account because a number of charges levied from November 2009 to February 2010 appeared to be in error, nothing has been done.

I note from my recent statement that more litigation charges have been applied to our account and I would like these to be examined in light of my comments above and credited back to my account and the arrears figure adjusted accordingly.

I look forward to your reply by return.

Yours faithfully