• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

..sorry to hear of your troubles alisono.. what is your situation, in arrears, facing repossession etc?

..I wonder how many of us are out there.. victims of these loan sharks..

..is it possible to collate some figures?.. get some of the other groups together as well perhaps?.. publicise what we know.. damage their business and that of their suppliers and solutions providers..

Cagenders

This is what its all about,zillak new to this forum ,in the veritable sh.te himself,has learnt a few things and is now trying to help someone new and isolated,needing support and in the shi.te themselves.

Full marks to zillak,who says this forum is a waste of time??

only the Illuminati could have engineered such a thing, spooky!

ITGG!

Killuminati.

the return of

Makaveli

Now Pac , your return is over due ,... Good to see you have the same thoughts as my husband ,.. I was spooked after coming across your post ,..

I laugh at my other halfs thoughts sometimes,.. I will certainly be mentioning this to him ,.. but they again it will be hours of crazy thoughts lol

Can you help me please, I want to makesure I can join this fight and I need to understand what my best course of action will be. I have looked today on the land registry and this is what it says for our house (23.June. 2007): Properitor: SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LTD (Co.Reg. No. 3266119) of 1st Floor, 6 Broadgate, London EC2M 2QS trading as London Mortgage Compnay Limited. My Mortgages payments go the Matlock Bank Ltd as direct Debits. I receive all paperwork from a PO Box in Cheltenham all letter headed London Mortgage Company. I had several unpleasant dealing with them, they are rude, unhelpful and when I've called and I made a note of time and person spoke to they never record it. Any help appreciated I want to make sure my home is safe.

Alisono

Did you take the mortgage out prior to 2007? as Matlock Bank ltd sold to SPML in May 2006,any mortgage agreement after this date would be shown as Southern Pacific Mortgages ltd t/a London Mortgage Company ltd.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

@ LD - is there a company number for this Matlock Bank Ltd?.. just looked at companies house... they changed their name to Matlock London 14-05-07.. so perhaps we shouldn't necessarily believe that they sold out to SPML just because they say so on their accounts... I doubt these sharks have ever kept an honest set of accounts in their lives..

.. I've looked up the domain name whois reports for this Matlock and it links to Cofra Holding AG so the interest is still very much active..

Cofra Holding AG is also the parent company of Langersal No2 Ltd, formerly known as London Personal Loans Ltd..

I've attached some accounts and other details that I have should anyone want to look...

ZillaK :)

Langersal No2 12-06.pdf

Langersal No2 12-07.pdf

Langersal No2 Appointments.pdf

SPPLL 11-06.pdf

SPPLL Appointments.pdf

Hi All!

ZillaK,in reply to your last post:

1.I was referring to something different and nothing to do with your particular situation as I have not had the chance to read your previous posts.So it looks like we "got our wires crossed" so to speak.

2.With these sort of companies,you will notice that they will never behave in an accountable manner and accept responsibilty for anything.If there was a ever a Nobel Prize created for "PASSING THE BUCK",this bunch would be first in line for it.

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE:

Could you please post here the following particulars - less your confidential information:

1.Name of Lender on Land Registry and Mortgage Agreement with month and year of agreement.

2.Trading Name of Lender if available - if written it would be written as ABC MORTGAGE LIMITED TRADING AS XYZ COMPANY OR POSSIBLY XYZ COMPANY LIMITED.

3.Name of Lender on Insurance Docs.

4.Name of Lender from Mortgage/Loan Statements.

5.Name of Lender from Bank Statements - entity that receives your mortgage/loan monies every month.

The above information from as many Caggers as possible that have/had mortgages and/or loans with this bunch should hopefully help me get to the bottom of this maze further.

INTERESTING LINK:

Lehman Brothers Inc acquires London Mortgage Co from Cofra Holding AG - May 18, 2006 - M&A Deal Snapshot - AlacraStore.com

This link seems to confirm that ITBG? is correct.This is the acquisition not a sale.

Well Done - ITBG? ! You are on the right track!

Views and second opinions,please? Just to double check.

Keep up the fight!

Cheers,

Nightmare4banks

Edited by Nightmare4banks

Please forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question

If Lehmans aquired another company would that mean that it brought another company. If Lehmans brought it, it must have been sold. If it was sold, it must have been a sale.

Sorry can't seperate acquisition from sale in my head. Then again it is early, once my brain warms up at lunch time, I am sure it will fall into place.

Excuse the ramblings of a partially mad woman

@ N4B - I wasn't having a 'go' so not to worry ;).. did you see the references to the sale/acquisition in the accounts from Langersal No2 (London Personal Loans Ltd)..

..have attached a copy of the tr4 form from the lr.. I also received copies of the details for approx. 600 charges & it will be interesting to see if these charges were originally assigned to SPPL Ltd. too... perhaps I'll get in touch with all of these people..

..box 7 should be noted...

ps - anyone got accounts for Matlock?...

TR4SPPL-SPML 30-01-09.pdf

Edited by ZillaK
adding ps

zillak

It would be assumed that when matlock bank were bought by spml all their mortgage book was sold to them,this is what para 7 of the tr4 seems to state.

The direction you appear to be heading in gives cause for concern if you have an imminent repo hearing.What is your actual defence,it should be based on unspecified or/ and unnaccounted for charges meaning that as a consequence you have been unable to meet your regular payments,that seems the best line,A DJ is going to find the legalities and compexities of assignment way beyond him especially if you are trying to get it over as a litigant in person and your case has been allotted 30 mins.The object is to save your home WITHOUT a suspended repo and the best way in my opinion to do this is question all charges against your account and have as much evidence of this as possible,have you registered a complaint with the fos etc.?for example.Remember you cannot escape the liability to someone down the line.

re you posts above

who are the actual current directors of sppl,the appointments pdf shows nothing except attia was terminated.??

How can the current directors of a company be established?

fsa shows attia still a director!

Edited by ryde

LD,

SPML trading as it self or 'London Mortgage Company' not ltd. A limited company cannot trade as another ltd co., but can have several trading styles/names.

will reply to nappynuts shortly.

looking at SPPL 06 accounts, why is it the last 'dead' accounts, are NOT compliant, with NO E&Y letterhead?! besides SPML writing off £53 of SPPL debt.

ITGG!

i am become death

destroyer of worlds

Edited by I'm the bad guy?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

Hi All!

Mrsiphone,in reply to your last pos:

You are mad?

If youdeal/dealt with this bunch they drive you mad!

Anyway,you are correct.

Please do not worry about specifics now.

However,it would be very useful if you could provide us (if and only if you have youare/have done dealt with this bunch) posting details aas written in my last post i.e.Lender on Land Registry Papers/Mortgage agreement less of course your confidential information.

ZillaK,

I know you were not having a go.So,donot worry about it!

I have not had the chance to look at any acounting information yet.

By the way,any particular points of interest that you may notice,please post them here.

Regarding the 600 charges,it also be useful if you could possibly provide more information as outlined in my previous post without putting any confidential information on this public forum.However,there is nothing wrong with posting range of numbers,dates or locations i.e.England and Wales etc together with the entities and trading names if available.

Ryde,

I totally agree with you regarding the excessive charges and missing payments if applicable because if these are incorrect a judge will refuse to make a repo order are the best route for defending repo proceedings because the securitisation laws and the ways in which they are applied in our courts are sadly in favour of the lenders regardless of the illegal/unlawful actions plus many judges do not have the knowledge in this particular field and this is not a slur on the judiciary but a fact which would make a defence based on the securitisation argument dead in the water.

In other words: Just DON'T GO DOWN THIS ROUTE if defending repo preceedings!

ITBG? - You are totally correct and this is why I have requested the detailed information as outlined in my previous post.However,it could also be just the poster's typo too or a combination of both ltd co and trading name less ltd which would make it more interesting! So let's just wait and see what folks do post.

Keep up the fight!

Cheers,

Nightmare4banks

hi ryde & N4B.. thanks for the comments & pointers..

..indeed.. this is just a back-up area that I'm looking into.. especially so when I have letters that state something different to their poc.. obviously I've asked them to provide documents to support their statements.. but I think we all know what they are capable of..

..my main routes are disputing the original agreement in a few different ways, disputing the amount of arrears and charges (all of the charges have disappeared into the arrears claimed of course), disputing compliance with pre-action protocol.. and since reading up on default notices/date of service & implications of not providing sufficient time to comply with their demands before calling in the loan and taking legal action then it looks like this area is also a promising line of attack..

..from what I've read elsewhere on the forum, the last point may actually be the strongest in front of a DJ given that it's a CCA1974 loan..

I s'pose the back-up back-up is a request for a time order based upon our circumstances... the twins are due in approx. 7-8 weeks & we're also trying to get benefits & the council on side...

..still, getting these points across as an LiP isn't something I'm looking forward too so am still trying to sort out some form of representation.. if poss..

..if anyone has a link to a definitive guide on the default notice point then I'd really appreciate it.. please..

..any thoughts/comments?

ps - the current appointments pdf for SPPL shows that there are no directors for this company... of course, there could be some paperwork for a new appointment in the system but not yet updated.. also, I'm happy for the other docs to show that SPML bought Matlock's loan/mortgage book - they legally assigned my loan to SPPL Ltd after this date... did SPPL Ltd legally assign it back to SPML Ltd or just the equitable benefits?..

Edited by ZillaK
adding ps

Zillak

keep it simple,what are they claiming,how much do you owe,how much of that is arrears,how much charges,how you gonna pay it back because thats all they,re going to focus on at this level,best hope is to get rid of the charges.Submit it all in writing as your defence this bit first , as you'll dry up in court. Have you done the fos route as usually they adjourn pending their findings and your best thing coming is the twins.

Hi All!

ZillaK,regarding your problem:

Please answer the following questions:

1.How much are the stated arrears?

2.Is this your first time going to court? or are you defending a suspended posession order?

3.What was the initial mortgage/loan amount?

4.What is your monthly instalment?

EDITED POST WITH FURTHER QUESTIONS:

If your loan is a CCA 1974 loan:

5.What is remaining term on your mortgage? Are you in arrears with this too? If so quote amount plus monthly instalment.

6.What is the initial term of your CCA 1974 loan?

The answers to the above questions should hopefully enable me to assist you further.

Cheers,

Nightmare4banks

..unnotorised accounts, evil genius of J.A.W. -jackal lenders at work-

once the companies are wound up, and their last accounts are not complicit, what does it matter. E&Y can deny the legality of them, as inadmissable(not from us) and when the JAWs are wound up, there is no legal recourse by any institution or LIP.

An incredible engineered device securitisation is, all by chance?

NEVER yet seen a 'final' set of accounts by a JAW, compliant with an E&Y letterhead. Yet every company a JAW wants to keep alive, whether it be Resetfan Ltd, or Capstone or the SPVs, are ALL compliant with E&Y.

ITGG!

Makaveli

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

"I am hunger. I am thirst. ... I can fast for a hundred years and not die. I can lie on the ice for a hundred nights and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies."quote itbg?

Standard letter from itbg to capstone and co.?

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord Cagger when I lay my vengeance upon you."

love it when he gets biblical!!

Edited by ryde

..If anyone can upload the SPV they are related to, their most recent accounts, I think we may have found something really significant?

recall, IS IT ME? 'what do the bond holders get for their money, peices of paper'? (near as).

check your SPV latest, SOME ARE BALANCE SHEET INSOLVENT, which means everyone is paying the bond holders/investors directly- correct as necessary. Could well be your mortgage has been transferred, and you are paying the bond holders directly through the SPVs.

ITBG?

follow the

money

Hi N4b

I am with SPML and after reading these threads, I have so far been very lucky and had no major troubles.

This might change in the very near future. I have problems with my neck and shoulder and I can see that I might lose my job soon as a result.

That is why I have been sitting back and reading. Apologies for my previous lack of input and regular guest appearences

ZillaK

You were wondering about representation at court. At the court that I appeared at, there was a representative from the CAB there to help people with repro's and the guy we had to help us was excellent. The court will give you time to brief the CAB guy and they will go into court with you and help you through the process. If you want to make sure that a CAB rep will be there, give the local CAB office a ring first and ask if you can have the support of one of their people. The guy we had said that the judges in our area hated LMC and SPML because they were unscupulous but unless the defendant had a good defence, they were powerless to do anything else but to give judgement to the mortgage company. I did get the impression from my hearing that the court was trying its best to find a way of not getting the defendant repossessed. Unfortunately, I had not heard of this forum then. If I had it would have been a different story because much of the advice given here is very helpful and if you apply it to your own situation, I am sure that it will help you a lot.

By the way, after querying SPPL's charges, which they said they could justify, they have decided that over £400 worth of charges were wrongly applied and have credited them back against the arrears. Some success then!

Hope this helps.

eagleforms

excellent advice,the courts tend to be much more sympathetic if the CAB are there as well and it also eases the burden on the defendant to speak well enough to get a result as there is so much at stake personally.

We had a letter off the numpties today,stating we are in breach of our SPO & the payment they quoted for this month is £40 less that we were ordered to pay.

It also states 'Please note a further payment falls due on 1st Feb 2010' Erm no it doesn't,as DJ said we had till 28th of month to make payment.

Also says 'Failure to make payment before close of business on 26th Jan will result in us asking the court without further hearing to take possession' Bring it on is what I say,i'll look forward to it!!!!;)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

This is a really interesting post Midge as it explains the securitization process from the spv/noteholders perspective,although its very difficult to understand.

What is significant is that an operating loss was recorded due to the lehmans bankruptcy and this will not improve,all the spvs must have been hit with the same situation re: the interest rate cap counterparty (lehmans ).As interest rates have actually gone down significantly since these accounts and they have no back up from lehmans the position must be significantly worse for all the spvs at this current time.

Would be worth getting hold of a few of the latest eurosail accounts to see if they tell the same story.

Can L.C. have hit the jackpot here,I was always led to believe the spv was bankruptcy remote ? but they're sustaining losses and have obligations to the noteholders.

Edited by ryde

good call midge61,

this is the first time anyone has posted your related SPV accounts.

1. THE BIG POINT: see page20, notes #13-Creditors; ...administered BY CAPSTONE MORTGAGES..as we have all continually believed, its the SPVs that the JAWs take its orders. call in CAG strike JonCris/EiE/GusRex!

2. Insolvent.

3. Note when the reserve funds are depleted, no doubt the LBSF Ltd, the SPV gets in trouble, and we have seen notices to shareholders to this effect posted up.

4. Note always the 'Auditors Ruse', TSC report.

5. Going Concern, page pg3, is the reason they are doing everything to dispossess you, their have been 2 years of investor short falls.

6. They will keep this one alive, as the deficits are not substantial.

ITBG?

follow the

money