SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was thinking more along the lines of seasoned posters, not just those that are dropping by.:(

Perhaps I've become hardened to it as I've been fighting them for so long and forgotton what it was like initially. They don't scare me anymore....I've gone past the crying, sleepless nights and family split they caused.

Enough of the soppy bits..Yes, the beauty is the litigation suspension...They daren't breathe whilst the FOS are looking into the case.

l think this is such a complicated issue that few know the ins and outs. Do remember that neither lender, borrower, investor or regulator understood the complexities of the derivative instruments they were dealing in. Even today we and they are arguing about the legal v beneficial titles. Having gone through Rydes excellent pieces it becomes clear that not even the law makers understands fully what is going on. The fact of the matter is, that it's an even larger, but, hidden financial catastrophe than what we have recently experienced. No-one knows exactly how big the sub-prime market is. All the major banks and building societies traded their mortgages on the second tier derivatives market. Abbey, Halifax, Alliance & Leicster, Bradford & Bingley, Northern Rock, Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, etc etc had their own sub-prime outfits or traded their sub-prime mortgages (sold them off to companies such as SPML/PML/LMC/Mortgage Express, Kensington....). My personal opinion is that it is a financial meltdown in waiting and that is why nothing is done. lt's the old ostrich solution, bury your head in the sand and it will all just go away. Well, l'm afraid it will not go away and by the time we get the Tory's in the governing position, the proverbial merde will really hit the fan. With desperate bankers, investors, pension funds, hedge funds and so on, the pressure on the old Etonians will be too much and they will crack. Suspension of the implementation of Euro-directives, demands to leave Europe and the like will suddenly be the fad of the day and knowing my fellow Brits, it will work, and pop goes the only protection normal people have. This is why l want to ACT NOW, before it's too late. All the various points of views here, are absolutely legitimate and to each very real, but, it will not help us in our fight against the Hydra these lenders really are. We must unite in one single primary action or we will perish as a group and thereby lose the strength and infuence only a group action can bring.

Gustavius

Right well let's get this moving forward then Not single direct response yet on no intention to fulfill the contractual term. Arguments and EVIDENCE please. And if a sceptic could give the other side that would be useful. We need to get this tightly defined and quickly. Also we need it to have a realistic prospect of winning. We have to bear in mind the common law judges are fighting a rearguard action at the moment.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I have looked at the GMAC-RFC the finding by the FSA - the FSA had decided to impose a financial penalty of £2.8 million on the firm. This penalty is imposed for breaches of Principle 3 (Management and control) and Principle 6 (Customers’ interests) of the Principles for Businesses (“the Principles”) and Rules 12.4.1 R and 13.3.1 R in the Mortgages and Home Finance: Conduct of Business sourcebook (“MCOB”) in the period between 31 October 2004 and 30 November 2008 (“the Relevant Period”).

Is this not the way forward for all of us? GMAC/SPML have pushed their custimers into arrears to repossess and evict. We collectively have enough evidence to take to the FSA. I believe we should first address the solicitors acting for SPML which I believe is the same company used for litigation 'Lightfoots'. We should start by sending the same letter of complaint to them and a copy to the FSA that we are all going to sue for unfair contract and misrepresentation. The solicitor is tied to the companies, its in the Lehman prospectus. I dont know how many borrowers cases they cover but they would be put under pressure with thousands of complaints, and see how they would respond. They can't repossess while this complaint is ongoing which would give the FSA time enough to investigate their response to our complaints. SPML is the same as GMAC unfairs charges and breaches. Where do you all stand on this suggestion, or is it still more complicated than the precedent set out in the GMAC case?

I have looked at the GMAC-RFC the finding by the FSA - the FSA had decided to impose a financial penalty of £2.8 million on the firm. This penalty is imposed for breaches of Principle 3 (Management and control) and Principle 6 (Customers’ interests) of the Principles for Businesses (“the Principles”) and Rules 12.4.1 R and 13.3.1 R in the Mortgages and Home Finance: Conduct of Business sourcebook (“MCOB”) in the period between 31 October 2004 and 30 November 2008 (“the Relevant Period”).

Is this not the way forward for all of us? GMAC/SPML have pushed their custimers into arrears to repossess and evict. We collectively have enough evidence to take to the FSA. I believe we should first address the solicitors acting for SPML which I believe is the same company used for litigation 'Lightfoots'. We should start by sending the same letter of complaint to them and a copy to the FSA that we are all going to sue for unfair contract and misrepresentation. The solicitor is tied to the companies, its in the Lehman prospectus. I dont know how many borrowers cases they cover but they would be put under pressure with thousands of complaints, and see how they would respond. They can't repossess while this complaint is ongoing which would give the FSA time enough to investigate their response to our complaints. SPML is the same as GMAC unfairs charges and breaches. Where do you all stand on this suggestion, or is it still more complicated than the precedent set out in the GMAC case?

Let's reverse that and complain to FSA and the rest first, with a copy to the lenders solicitor. l am still putting together the letter and shpould, hopefully, have it out this week.

GR

Hi Truro

yes. I think this is a fine suggestion. Note that the FSA are already well aware of Capstone/preferred/SPML. We made a mass complaint back in May this year and I have had a response from the FSA even though they don't do individual complaints. I have fairly strong grounds for believing that Capstone are going to be one of the four up for final warnings, fines and compensation. However I also agree that these are derisory actions. The FSA should be shutting them down to encourage the others to behave, but we all know they won't. The pressure has to be maintained.

In the meantime, believe or not, there's very little difference between GR and myself. the call is to get moving forward and I have bust a gut to do so. Problem with MCOB is it's not binding. But and I say but any and all pressure applied is better than none.

As for moving forward with urgency I agree. Let's get the show going. contractual terms anybody. Argument and evidence? Where's the proof they contracted x with us and y with the investors?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

One other thing - we need to copy in the OFT as well. A lot of these will be second charges falling within the OFTs jurisdiction. Let's get the pressure mounting again and pull out all the legal arguments on contract and performance while we are doing so. Incidentally there's no reason why we can't complain to them direct as well. I've done so recently and the silence is defeaning. The clock is also ticking for them. They now have less than forty days before I can take it to the FOS. Take it from Crapstone. They can't do a thing once the FOS are looking into it and the FOS nearly always get all of your charges back + interest.I have also raised the contractual issues with the FOS. I am sure to get an opinion back on these, whether useful or not I don't care. What I care about is the noise and chatter surrounding these morons. The more the better.

Keep the faith.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Can someone make a complaint against sub-prime lenders to the FOS? My sub prime lender Blemain Finance Ltd have written to and stated clearly that I cannot make a complaint against them to the FOS as I have a unregulated loan. Nor can I complain to the FOS or anywhere else.

So who do I complain to if I have a grievance with them? Certainly there must be governed or regulated by someone or somewhere and I need to know who.

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction please.

ta

I tend to take the view that the lender will tell you the exact and polar opposite of what is actually the case.

Complain to the FOS based on the fact that Blemain have already you told you have no right of complaint and let the FOS decide whether there is a jurisdiction. In the event there isn't then you also have the option of court which generally should be avoided and only used as a last resort, especially where you are being threatened with possession.

The Term anyone? Thus far we know that the prospectus tells us that the typical redemption period for the notes is around the five year mark and we have corroboration from the CML as posted above. I'm sure there was also something in the GMAC -RFC final notice and I will have another look. Please chip in guys. We need to get the momentum swinging. Can we gather as much evidence as possible on this?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

For those who are to contact the FSA here are lightfoots details

Lightfoots Solicitors

Lightfoots Solicitors is a firm of solicitors operating from its office in Thame, Oxfordshire. The firm consists of 3 partners, 17 assistant solicitors and 1 employed barrister supported by about 100 legal executives, paralegals and others. Their mortgage arrears and debt recovery departments have more than 15 years’ experience of dealing with sub-prime borrowers for a number of mortgage lenders. Lightfoots also have an estate agency and property lettings department.

That'll be the arm that sells your repossessed property then.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Thank EIE, I have written out a very long complaint to Blemain and just waiting for someone to get back to me on a couple of things. If I am not happy with Blemains response then I will take it further, hopefully by that time I will find out where.

thanks again

For those who are to contact the FSA here are lightfoots details

Lightfoots Solicitors

Lightfoots Solicitors is a firm of solicitors operating from its office in Thame, Oxfordshire. The firm consists of 3 partners, 17 assistant solicitors and 1 employed barrister supported by about 100 legal executives, paralegals and others. Their mortgage arrears and debt recovery departments have more than 15 years’ experience of dealing with sub-prime borrowers for a number of mortgage lenders. Lightfoots also have an estate agency and property lettings department.

That'll be the arm that sells your repossessed property then.

I am not being threatened by repossession, in fact far from it. I just ahve a lot of complaints against them about my loan agreement, commission amongst several other important matters

Originally posted by Frettful38

I am not being threatened by repossession, in fact far from it. I just ahve a lot of complaints against them about my loan agreement, commission amongst several other important matters

Excellent. Then get your complaint in.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

1. Securitized - this we know

2. Early redemption.

To quote from Mr Fulcher's submission to the TSC kindly posted by Ryde:

The typical attraction of these "notes" for the investor are the high rates of interest, and crucially, their early redemption period. To clarify for the committee: early redemption in respect of these mortgages does not usually mean that the borrower is able to pay off the mortgage earlier than the stipulated term. It typically means asset stripping the equity in the mortgagee's home through repossession. The lender thereby has a vested interest in pursuing an aggressive repossession strategy. At no time has any consumer of these mortgage products consented either expressly or otherwise to the subsequent sale of their mortgage, nor typically was he or she ever informed.[37] The issue of securitization and subsequent consumer detriment has been submitted before this committee in prior submissions on the banking crisis.

Note 37: 37 "The effect of (i) not giving notice to the Borrowers of the sale of the relevant Loans and their Collateral Security to the Issuer and the charging of the Issuer's interest in the Loans and their Collateral Security to the Trustee and (ii) the charge of the Issuer's rights thereto in favour of the Trustee pursuant to the Deed of Charge taking effect in equity (or extending over the Issuer's beneficial interest) only, is that the rights of the Issuer and the Trustee may be, or may become, subject to equities as well as to the interests of third parties who perfect a legal interest prior to the Issuer or the Trustee acquiring and perfecting a legal interest" SPML Offering Circular to Investors 8 August 2005 p.6

Council for Mortgage Lenders