BankFodder BankFodder

cleanslateguy

Travel Trolley (agency) is deflecting to the airline despite it being their job. Taking to court soon

I booked to go to Australia via Skyscanner on January 10th - £1430 via agent Travel Trolley based in Southall UK. 

Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi and then to Melbourne and return April 2020. 

Flights were canceled by airline and emails sent confirming this on March 18th. 

I began contacting to request a refund even before consumer action groups started to remind people of UK Law and EU Denial of boarding regulation which entitles money back within 7 days. Airlines are trying to bail out their own business with consumer money which is wrong. I have emailed to refuse a voucher as I don't know if I will be able to go to Australia or what will happen.

I emailed on April 21st stating that if I am not refunded I will then be forced to go to small claims and I sent an email stating my next will be Letter Before Action notifying them of potential costs in solicitor hours + VAT, time for letters/emails, court fee itself which is £125 plus travel expenses to go to court so it may be a total of £2300 being reasonable and not being a disproportionate cost: 

I got a PHONECALL from someone at travel trolley stating that they WILL refund me but it is taking longer to get money back.

The same dude now send me an email after I ask for an update today, stating that I CAN CONTACT THE AIRLINE.

I would like to move to small claims as I have already been through it twice before and know the process. 

has anybody had success or similar experiences?