Hoist and Ex Barclaycard - when it's SB'D? & Ignoring a default notice

Gerald Gardner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 19/05/2020 at 11:45, Peterbard said:

The advice given in the post is directly and completely wrong, how much more could Have to do with.

er SX seems to indicate nothing and it will not show.

This is wrong wrong wrong. A default notice is one of the first things a new creditor looks at. Not at all what DX says.

So you are happy to let the OP go away think a default on his file wont effect his notice?

You may not like me much, I dont give a rats arse, I have no feelings about you whatever, but there is no cause to mislead the public just to illustrate the fact. Come on Andy.

Ok so i understand this right, you are saying that the default date in regards to statute of limitations is the day after the 14 days has expired on the default notice after ignoring the notice?

In this example and it's a true account as i've seen the letters

Default notice received dated 18th February, account needs to be brought update by the 21st March.

Letter dated 28th March informing a default has been registered on the account and full balance now due.

Date of of default registered on credit file is 28th March

For statute of limitations purpose then the 22nd March not the 28th March as registered with cra is the key date   

the DN should give a clear 14 days from the date it was sent.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

15 minutes ago, Gerald Gardner said:

Default notice received dated 18th February, account needs to be brought update by the 21st March.

Letter dated 28th March informing a default has been registered on the account and full balance now due.

Date of of default registered on credit file is 28th March

???

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Hoist and Ex Barclaycard - when it's SB'D? & Ignoring a default notice

sorry I was confusing the 2 march dates

so sent 11/02

registered 28/3.

but all bets might be off if your mates last payments was before those dates....

as andy says, and particularly in regard to hoist and all these ex BC accounts they have.

loads of threads here on them.

the last payment date is usually many months before the defaulted date registered on his CRa file so SB runs from that not DN +14.

but hoist will say anything to sc@m people

thread title updated and thread moved to BC forum

dx

and they

Ok so i understand this right, you are saying that the default date in regards to  statute of limitations is the day after the 14 days has expired on the default notice after ignoring the notice?

Thats the way the courts now interpret it yes....the fact that the Default Notice could have been issued 6/7/8/9 months after the missed payment (breach ) is irrelevant

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

2 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Thats the way the courts now interpret it yes....the fact that the Default Notice could have been issued 6/7/8/9 months after the missed payment (breach ) is irrelevant

Was this in relation to the court of appeal ruling?

Does the last payment/last acknowledgement still some into play or is it solely the default date now ? 

21 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

sorry I was confusing the 2 march dates

so sent 11/02

registered 28/3.

but all bets might be off if your mates last payments was before those dates....

as andy says, and particularly in regard to hoist and all these ex BC accounts they have.

loads of threads here on them.

the last payment date is usually many months before the defaulted date registered on his CRa file so SB runs from that not DN +14.

but hoist will say anything to sc@m people

thread title updated and thread moved to BC forum

dx

Sorry the hoist matter was seperate, i will come back to when i've got some more info 

17 minutes ago, Gerald Gardner said:

Was this in relation to the court of appeal ruling?

Does the last payment/last acknowledgement still some into play or is it solely the default date now ? 

It was indeed.....the DN expiry date to rectify the breach is the cause of action from when the claimant may enforce.The Judge in this particular ruling stated that if if it was issued later than the last payment or acknowledgment the debtor has enjoyed the benefit of it not appearing on the CRAs for 6/7/8/9 months.......but failed to agree that the creditor had failed to  comply with the ICO guidelines in reporting data accurately...goalposts moved or whatever...make of  that what you will. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread