Loss of Landline number Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a landline number for more than 15 years and did changed my service providers couple of times without any problem porting my old number to the new service.

I recently changed from Vodafone broadband to Vodafone Gigafast.

When I took this connectiion, I was told that it will be possible to port my number. ion

Its been now over 4 month and I have been caught up with unreliable service from Vodafone and looks like I have lost my number.

It was like 565464.

I was trying to get some code to transfer this number else where but they  misled me and  lied to me.

This is the last message from them.

Any suggestions? 

Here is the message and please give me a figure if my complaint is not resolved.

"Thanks for your time when we spoke yesterday.

In response to your email, we have looked into the services you mentioned and the possibilities around porting out your old landline number to an online service.

This is not something we are able to support with you, you would be required to speak with the third party company who you are looking to take the service out with and it would be up to them to take the relevant action and to see if they can port the number out for you.

At this point, the only way we can resolve your case is to offer compensation for the miss advice which has led to you losing your landline number.

Please advise a figure you would feel acceptable to resolve the case?"

Was the phone number just your long-term home number or is it a business line with related advertising so people can contact you for goods or services.

A bit more background info would help if a business is involved..

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

6 hours ago, slick132 said:

Was the phone number just your long-term home number or is it a business line with related advertising so people can contact you for goods or services.

A bit more background info would help if a business is involved..

It was my home number. As a family we have from two different  backgrounds and all our friends, families, kids schools etc has this number. I have this since over 15 years and I found it very difficult to replace it. I may lose contacts with many friends or some businesses as well. But mostly I use my mobile number for business only and landline for friends and family.  It is not only myself but my whole family would suffer a family of four.

Hi Epman,

I just looked at the Vfone site and it says about Gigafast :-

"All of our Vodafone Gigafast broadband packages come with a landline service as standard. Please note you will be provided with a new phone number which you will see on your confirmation letter."

So, if you were misled by their staff, you should try to quantify any actual consequential loss caused by the error; and/or any compo you want for inconvenience caused do to being unable to keep your old number.

If the old number is unavailable to you now, you may as well get what you can from them.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

When I took the contract, one salesman came to my door, I did explain him that I want to keep the number and I was told it is possible after the disconnection of my old contract. It did not happen. I chased them over 3 month and I was told in many occasion it is under process and they will cancel the new Gigafast and re-contract it again with my old number and I could be without connection for up to 48 hours. They event send me extra sim card to use internet during the process of porting my number and I received it. This new sim even shows in my Vodafore profile. But then last week they called and said it is not possible and I was given wrong information. It looks like my old number is lost after 4 month of misinformation given by them. I even asked them few times to send me the code to port my number to a different network but they did not send me anything.