12 year old getting aggressively spoken to by Tesco security guard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son was waiting for me outside Tesco and was approached by a store security guard

he was told to get off the property

he explained he was waiting for me as of the social distancing rules

the security guard told him that he didn't care what he was doing there and if he didn't go he would make him leave and left him and went back in the store

as I was leaving the store the same security guard pushed past me heading towards my son aggressively

as he got to my son I explained that he was with me and was waiting for me

the security guard squared up to me, no care for social distancing and said that he didn't care he was waiting for me and that he has told him to get off his property

at this point I said that I wanted to speak to the stores manager

customer service called him and told me he was coming to talk to me

at that point the security guard ran to a door at the other side of the store and caught hold of the manager before I did and told the manager that my son is part of a gang that cause trouble outside the store

I explained that he is not one of them as I have witnessed said gang giving the staff of the store a hard time

the manager said that the security guard was not a direct employee of Tesco and gave me a company name

I have contacted the company and they denied that he was one of their security guard's

told me to get his name and number

I explained that he would not let me have these details saying that he does not have to tell me information about himself

the company told me that this is a breach of his license that he would not let me have his license number

I'm thinking of videoing him to get his number but don't know how to go about it as he was very aggressive towards me

is there anyone that could help

I have been to jail for different things in my youth and this is testing my thinking skills to the limit

please if you can help I truly need it 

I'm terribly sorry but you have posted a large solid block of text and that is very difficult to read on a forum.

Please would you repost your story – but spaced and punctuated so that people can read it more easily. You will then find that you will get a very enthusiastic response.

Thanks

post spaced for you.

he is on tesco property

it is the store manager who needs to supply you with his details.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's Tesco you need to complain to. They are responsible for the behaviour of the security guards in their stores. It's irrelevant that Tesco employ their security guards through a security company and aren't their direct employer. The security company is under contract to Tesco and the security guards work under the control and direction of Tesco so Tesco are responsible for what they do.

The local store manger should not have told you to contact the security company. He was just fobbing you off. Of course the store manager knows the identity of the security guard who is sitting at the security desk in the store. Is it likely that when a security guard turns up for work at the store for the first time Tesco just let him start work without knowing who he is or requiring proof of ID from him?

Make a complaint to Tesco Head Office  both about the behaviour of the security guard and about the store manager telling you it was nothing to do with him.

Thank you I have complained to Tesco through there customer complaints phone line but I did not release that I should complain about the manager to thought he was trying to be help full by giving me the company's name release now that that was a proper fob me off 

Just so your aware. His SIA licence should have been on display for everyone to see. This is a requirement of the SIA and by not doing such he is breaching the licensing guideline. Check the SIA website for these. The only details he has to give you is what is on his badge and he should have produced this when asked.

If you do decide to continue to try and get his name and badge number you are also entitled to report him to the SIA as well. Which not many people know. 

Hope this helps as I work in the security industry

• Thanks 1

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

He had it on but put his hand over it so I could not get it have got a friend that has said that she will see if she can when she goes shopping later just really want him to realise that his manner in which he dealt with it was wrong 

I would suspect their cctv has it all

might be fun to sar for it all?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A written complaint to Tesco head office is your best bet.

give them the dates and times and a description of the person so they can identify him. let tehm know what you want as a resolution to this.

shame I have just returned my voting form for their AGM or I could have made the chairman answer this complaint at the AGM, which would be minuted

Been told that I have to get a solicitor or the police to get the CCTV

Tesco head office have said they will be reviewing the CCTV footage in their investigation

I know that I did nothing wrong on my part

they have admitted that the security guard was in the wrong for hiding his license number and that their manager should of got this for me

Thank you for your help that was my next step

written letter of complaint will be sending it recorded delivery and will keep a copy

thanks again for all the advice people have given me

if there is anything else anybody can suggest because I am not letting this go 

Was told by Tesco they will not release the CCTV to me saying that they only release it to police or a solicitor they would not give it to me so they have lied to me again I will be stating this in my letter it seems that they have made many mistakes in this all I want is an apology not compensation getting annoyed more now with the way I'm being dealt with than the incident it self