Redeployment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my NHS contract as a HCA in outpatients it has my place of work being outpatients and the location ( town that its located )

The nearby outpatients in the larger town nearby is being closed and the trust we work for wants to redeploy staff 

Some from the closed one will come to us and some of us will be sent to the bigger site to work on wards 

My question is if my contract specifies a particular job role and specific location can they just redeploy me against my will 

Hi Simon,  what is the exact phrase about location please?

How long have you worked there?

What is the issue with moving temporarily?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Its basically ..job title healthcare assistant 

Location valley outpatients department then the town it's in 

I've been employed there for 7 years I was solely recruited for that role I wasnt transferred there from a different department 

It's not a temporary move due to covid it would be permanent 

And there is no clause at all about working in other locations from time to time?

Why do you think you will be moved, if your site is not the one closing? How many people do they need to move, from how many?

What do you want to happen, and have you had a conversation about it with anyone?

Generally, thinking about what you want, and the best way to get it, is going to be more productive than starting from a position of legal rights.

Are you in a union?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Ok thanks to be fair I'm happy in my outpatients dept

At the moment I'm working at the main hospital in A&E as outpatients as all closed due to covid ( volunteered) 

I would imagine that if staff are to be deployed to us and we are fully staffed then some of us will be moved on 

For me I wouldn't see moving from a diverse department where you are constantly learning new skills to moving to a ward being a good career progression for myself 

It was more a question I was asking regarding redeployment and getting my facts right if it comes to it 

As with the nhs at the moment it's all very chaotic 

Yes I'm in a union and my contract has no mention of temp redeployment 

Great. Express your concerns with the union; let them get involved in the selection criteria and the legals of moving.